MS MS - Desmond Moore, 24, Gautier, 30 Aug 2014

los2188

North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!
Reaction score
This one's for you A. Allison!! ;)

Desmond Moore
26468937_BG1.jpg

Gautier mother pleads for help to find her missing son

GAUTIER, MS (WLOX) -
A mother in Gautier is pleading for help from the community to find her son. Mystery surrounds the disappearance of 24-year-old Desmond Moore. According to Gautier police, he was reported missing Sept. 2, and they are not ruling out foul play. Delaina Moore is Desmond's mom. She said the last time he was seen was Aug. 30. The 24-year-old reportedly left his mom's house to meet friends at Pizza Hut a few blocks away. He never showed up and no one has heard from him since then. She said it's unusual for Moore to not contact her and let her know where he is, and that's what has her worried.

"We have been searching the rivers. We have been going to every police department that we can go to, and it just seems that we are out here alone. We are out here as a community and family to do what we have to do," Desmond's cousin Nikkie Riley said.

http://www.wlox.com/story/26470112/gautier-mother-pleads-for-help-to-find-her-missing-son

26470112_BG2.jpg

This tearful mom said she definitely needs some support right now. She will keep holding out hope she will see her son again. (Photo source: WLOX)

Thanks for getting this started Los. This is semi-local to me, about 30 minutes away and this is the first I've heard of this young man. I'm curious as to why they waited until Tuesday to report him.

According to fb posts from friends he got into a car with two white guys.

Family, friends hold candlelight vigil for Desmond Moore, Gautier man missing since Aug. 30

The family of Desmond Moore, who has been missing since Aug. 30, still has faith that he'll come home alive and well.

Family, friends, and community members gathered in the parking lot at Pizza Hut in Gautier Saturday night for a candlelight vigil in his honor. The restaurant is the place where family members say the 24-year old young man went when he left his mother's home walking two weeks ago to meet a friend.

It was the last time he was seen.

http://blog.gulflive.com/mississippi-press-news/2014/09/family_friends_hold_vigil_for.html

http://www.sunherald.com/2014/11/21...ton-found-linked.html?sp=/99/184/201/823/296/
Coroner: Skeleton found in Biloxi may be linked to missing person case
November 21, 2014
BILOXI -- Biloxi police and the Harrison County Coroner's Office collected human remains found on the old Broadwater property to begin to try and put the pieces together of how a skeleton ended up there.

Harrison County Coroner Gary Hargrove said investigators found ID links on the scene that connects the skeletal remains to a missing person case from August.

Desmond fits the timeline. Biloxi is 15-20 miles from Gautier.

Three years later, Gautier police still baffled by Desmond Moore disappearance

http://blog.gulflive.com/mississippi-press-news/2017/09/three_years_later_gautier_poli.html

But three years later, people who claimed to have information on Moore have moved on. Moore's mother moved to Dallas, Wilson said, without notifying local police in case they wanted to contact her about Desmond.

"I've been an investigator a long time," Wilson said. "I've worked capital murder cases, but this is probably the hardest case I've ever worked, as far as no leads, nothing to go on, being twisted in two or three different directions."

Wilson acknowledged that, after three years, there are really only two possibilities -- either Moore is not alive or simply doesn't want to be found.

So he had a date with friends at the Pizza Hutt near his home and never arrived.

Did he had a car or was he walking over there? any enemies? any criminal activities in the past?

Just listened to the Vanished podcast and I feel so bad for his mom. She sounds like she has done all she can do to find out what happened to her son.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Desmond Moore – The Charley Project

moore_desmond.jpg
moore_desmond2.jpg
moore_desmond3.jpg

Missing Since 08/30/2014
Missing From Gautier, Mississippi
Classification Missing
Sex Male
Race Black
Age 24 years old
Height and Weight 5'9 - 5'11, 140 - 160 pounds
Clothing/Jewelry Description A white t-shirt and black basketball shorts with a white stripe.
Distinguishing Characteristics African-American male. Brown hair, brown eyes. Moore's nickname is Vells. He had dreadlocks at the time of his disappearance.

Details of Disappearance
Moore was last seen in Gautier, Mississippi on August 30, 2014. He left his mother's house at 11:00 a.m. to meet friends at a Pizza Hut a few blocks away on Ladnier Road, but never arrived there. He has never been heard from again. Few details are available in his case.

NamUs page The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
idrainuk
Back