GUILTY Canada - Amber Lucius, 9, killed in custody dispute, Sundre, AB, 2 Sept 2014

Very sad... another angel gets her wings way too soon at the hands of a parent. Devastating.

nXPC1Wi.jpg

http://www.princegeorgecitizen.com/...g-girl-allegedly-killed-by-mom-rcmp-1.1377902

Court documents detail a lengthy custody battle between the girl's parents. She lived with her father, Duane Lucius, near the small community of Millet, south of Edmonton, and went to visit her mother on Aug. 28.

The documents said that when Laura Coward failed to return their daughter three days later, her estranged husband went to Coward's home and discovered the woman had moved out...

Mounties said a hang-up 911 call on Sept. 2 led them to the girl's body in a vehicle parked on a rural road near Sundre, southwest of Red Deer. Coward was located outside the vehicle and arrested. Investigators have not released how the girl died.

http://thechronicleherald.ca/canada/1234934-mom-charged-with-murder-in-alberta-girl-s-death

The mother of a nine-year-old girl found dead in a vehicle on a rural road in west-central Alberta has been charged with first-degree murder.

Laura Coward, who is 47, cried as she appeared in Didsbury court via closed-circuit television...

Her next court appearance has been set for Oct. 6 in Calgary.

This was such a senseless death caused by a selfish mother who didn't love her child enough to allow her to live with her father. What a coward mommy was. This beautiful girl was denied a good life - maybe mommy was bitter and jealous.
RIP Amber.

This was such a senseless death caused by a selfish mother who didn't love her child enough to allow her to live with her father. What a coward mommy was. This beautiful girl was denied a good life - maybe mommy was bitter and jealous.
RIP Amber.

Alberta mom pleads guilty in 2014 death of nine-year-old daughter

http://rdnewsnow.com/article/527316/alberta-mom-pleads-guilty-2014-death-nine-year-old-daughter

A Calgary woman has admitted to drugging her nine-year-old daughter, then setting fire to the vehicle her child was in.

Laura Coward, who is 50, pleaded guilty Thursday to second-degree murder in the death of Amber Lucius.

Coward was originally charged with first-degree murder and was to go to trial next week.

She is to return to court for sentencing March 3.

'I will never forgive her,' father tells court about ex-wife who fatally drugged, burned their daughter

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calgary/laura-coward-amber-lucius-sentencing-murder-1.4008596

Three days before nine-year-old Amber Lucius was drugged and burned alive by her mother, her parents' divorce was finalized, confirming her father would have full custody.

"I miss my daughter with my whole heart," said Duane Lucius in his victim impact statement on Friday. "I still remember the first day I held her in my arms."

"I will never forgive her and I will never forget my daughter," said Lucius.

With a photo of his dead daughter beside him, Lucius stood in the courtroom's witness box and told the judge he struggles to be strong.

"The saddest day of my life ... was when I was told Amber was found dead in an SUV."

During the sentencing hearing, Amber's now-17-year-old sister watched the proceedings from a remote witness room.

The girl — too fragile to be in the same room as her mother — was accompanied by her father and the RCMP trauma dog, Ringo.

Prosecutors Mac Vomberg and Jillian Pawlow have proposed a life sentence for Coward with no chance of parole for 20 years.

Defence lawyer Jim Lutz has proposed a parole ineligibility of 10 to 12 years.

At the end of the sentencing hearing, Coward was given the chance to address the court.

"Every day and every moment I miss my children more than anyone will ever understand," she said through tears.

Then Coward turned toward her family in the gallery.

"I'm responsible for my choices ... I beg for their forgiveness and I plea for your mercy."

The judge will announce his decision on Coward's sentence next Friday at 1:00 p.m.

That poor baby. THIS is the stuff nightmares are made of. Why in the world would anyone let this woman's charges get dropped from first degree to second degree? Its clear that she intended PURPOSEFULLY to end the life of her own child... I don't give 2 hoots on whether they wanted her confession or not- she chose to HORRIFICALLY MURDER a child... And she wants to be eligible to continue on with her life in 12 to 20 years? NO WAY, NO HOW. This one has me LIVID.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vjeanine
Back