839 users online (199 members and 640 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    los2188 is offline North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!

NC - Haylle Ledford, 13, Asheville, 6 Sept 2014

Haylee Danielle Ledford

Deputies said Haylee Danielle Ledford, 13, is believe to be with Pearce.

Deputies: Man wanted, believed to be with missing teen

Buncombe County, SC (FOX) -
    Deputies in Buncombe County said they're searching for a man who's believed to be with a missing teenager. Deputies said Jacob Pearce is wanted for questioning. They said Pearce is believed to be with Haylee Ledford, 13. According to deputies, Pearce and Ledford may be in the area or on their way to Colorado. Pearce was last seen driving north on Highway NC 63 around 7 a.m. on Saturday, deputies said. They said he was driving a newer model, 4-door Honda Accord, white or pearl in color.
    http://www.foxcarolina.com/story/264...g-teen-missing

Deputies said Jacob "Jake" Thomas Pearce is wanted for questioning.
    Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

"When from a long distant past nothing persists, after the people are dead, after things are broken and scattered, still alone, more persistent, more faithful, the smell and taste of things remain poised a long, long time like souls, ready to remind us, waiting, hoping for their moment amid the ruins of all the rest, and bear unfaltering in the tiny and almost impalpable drop of their essence the vast structure of recollection."

I am assuming they are not related and he's not a concerned older brother rescuing his sister from a horrible fate. Now that's out of the way, I want to scream at these kinds of situations. Young children - and I'm sorry but at 13 she is very much a child - being preyed on by these older men. No matter how it ends, her life is changed forever, in a bad way. I hope they find her soon.

I'm confused. The main news item is that they are looking for the man, rather than that a 13 year old girl is missing. Aren't we more concerned about the missing girl? The emphasis in the news item is a bit skewed from what we have normally seen.

Another strange thing, and likely just a simple coincidence, but I came across another Haylee D. Ledford from North Carolina, who would be of the same age as this Haylee, except that she died in 2008. The deceased was named Haylee Dawn Ledford and the missing girl is Haylee Danielle Ledford. Weird.
    Last edited by Snoopster; 09-06-2014 at 10:33 PM.
    Any man's death diminishes me,
    Because I am involved in mankind,
    Therefore, send not to know, for whom the bell tolls;
    It tolls for thee.
    ~John Dunne

#TeamCivilization

Too many girls being lured by these predators.

FB posts say she ran away two weeks ago and they found her at Mcdonalds,now she is gone again. This guy supposedly killed her dads dog that tried to stop him per family on fb. She sometimes goes by the name Sam or Samantha.

Found his FB

https://www.facebook.com/jake.pearce.167?fref=ts

Haylee shows as a friend but with the last name Jones

How old is this guy? (Not that it specifically matters, as he is an adult and she is only thirteen-years-old!)
    Just my opinion!

Quote Originally Posted by Dixie811 View Post
    How old is this guy? (Not that it specifically matters, as he is an adult and she is only thirteen-years-old!)
    I believe i read 22

What the frig.

Definitely creepy. I hate these kinds of cases. As ragamuffin said above, 13 is just a child!

Here is a local news FB page, with comments. https://www.facebook.com/News13/phot...type=1&theater
    Last edited by ClaireNC; 09-07-2014 at 01:14 PM.
    Please be aware that what I type is my opinion.

pretty sure you can see her FB on his friends list. Different last name, same first.

This has been on my local news today. I don't even know what to say or think. However, I do know there's always a pedophile looking for a young girl, and he found one. I hope she's found safely and soon.

The thing is, anyone seeing these two in public acting like boyfriend/girlfriend wouldn't bat an eye. They look about the same age, surprisingly.

I don't know exactly how to feel about this - this girl has obviously chosen him. It's not like he fooled her with a bait and switch on facebook and grabbed her against her will. This isn't pedophelia, which is defined as a sexual desire for pre-pubescent children. This is an immature young man who has fallen in love (and she has too) with a teenager who has the body of a woman. Doesn't do her any good to be with him, and although I was sad I was a late-bloomer as a child, it's a great benefit to not bloom early.

On the other hand, I'm 54, and I do remember girls in 7th and 8th grade who dated men. It wasn't a sign of maturity on their part - as we girls thought at the time - but rather, a symptom of kind of being lost and hopeless.

I think there's about 100% chance she's alive and well and will return when she tires of him.
    Last edited by JeannaT; 09-07-2014 at 09:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tonia View Post
    This guy supposedly killed her dads dog that tried to stop him per family on fb.
    <snip>

Oh man, it's too hard for me to imagine someone would go willingly with someone who did that

Edited to add: So I went to FB and read the Mom's comments, and am still sad and shaking my head that Haylee would leave with him. Ugh.

But I guess it could have been the parents who were killed instead of the dog, so at least we can be thankful that didn't happen....
    Last edited by Unsolved; 09-07-2014 at 11:50 PM.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast