Deceased/Not Found MD - Sarah, 3, & Jacob Hoggle, 2, Clarksburg, 9 Sept 2014 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.

bakerlady

Reaction score
Montgomery County police are searching for a missing 27-year-old woman and her two young children.
Catherine Hoggle's 2-year-old son, Jacob Hoggle, was last seen at his grandmother's home Sunday afternoon while her 3-year-old daughter, Sarah Hoggle, was last seen Monday morning at their home in the 12200 block of Elm Forest Court in Clarksburg.
Police say Catherine has been diagnosed with paranoid schizophrenia.
Catherine's common-law husband, Troy Turner, called police at 8 p.m. Monday to report that Catherine and two of their three children were missing. Turner told police that while he was at work Sunday afternoon, Catherine's father drove the family to Catherine's mother's home in Gaithersburg. Catherine then borrowed her father's car, a gray 2007 Nissan Rogue, and told her parents she was taking Jacob to get pizza.
When she returned three hours later, she did not have any food or her son with her. Catherine told her parents she dropped Jacob off at a playmate's house and went back to her own home with Sarah.
Police determined Monday night that Jacob had never been at a friend's home. Detectives are still working to determine where Catherine's other son was at this time.
Catherine stands 5 feet 6 inches tall and weighs 160 pounds. She has brown eyes and black hair. She was last seen wearing blue jeans and a black tank top.
Sarah is a biracial female, stands 3 feet 6 inches tall and weighs 40 pounds. She has brown eyes and brown hair. Her brother, Jacob, is also biracial, stands 3 feet tall and weighs 25 pounds. He has brown eyes and a blond afro.
Investigators believe the children may be with a friend or someone known to Catherine who does not know the police are looking for them.

http://www.nbcwashington.com/news/l...-274443341.html?_osource=SocialFlowFB_DCBrand

Hoggle+Family.jpg

From another source:

Later Monday, Turner told Catherine Hoggle he wanted to pick up the children. When she wouldn't tell Turner about the children's whereabouts, he decided that they would go to the 5th District police station to ask for assistance.

The couple went to a restaurant near the Germantown Transit Center and, unbeknownst to Turner, Catherine Hoggle left the restaurant.

Read more: http://www.wtop.com/41/3698059/Police-seek-missing-Clarksburg-woman-her-two-children#ixzz3CoyojGHc

He decided to go to the police for help, but first, the couple stopped at a restaurant near the Germantown Transit Center, at 19945 Aircraft Drive.
Hoggle slipped out of the restaurant unnoticed, and Turner called police. Police say a K9 unit tracked her to the Germantown Transit Center.
http://www.nbcwashington.com/news/l...-274443341.html?_osource=SocialFlowFB_DCBrand

This is the part that stands out most to me. Why stop somewhere to eat? And then poof she is gone? SO confusing!

And the press release:

http://www.mymcpnews.com/2014/09/09/concern-for-missing-children-and-their-mother/

What does this make you think? "At approximately 11:00 a.m. on September 8, Troy dropped Catherine off at a daily medical appointment. At approximately 2:00 p.m., Troy picked up Catherine from her appointment ..." I have some thoughts, but don't want to put it out there right now.

All this makes me think is that was one long doctors appointment. A daily medical appointment? Is she on dialysis or part of some group rehab situation and attending daily counseling? I dunno. I just want to know what dad was doing during that 3 hours.

And the press release:

http://www.mymcpnews.com/2014/09/09/concern-for-missing-children-and-their-mother/

What does this make you think? "At approximately 11:00 a.m. on September 8, Troy dropped Catherine off at a daily medical appointment. At approximately 2:00 p.m., Troy picked up Catherine from her appointment ..." I have some thoughts, but don't want to put it out there right now.
I'm not sure what you're getting at. She and the kids were seen alive and well by her parents the next day.

This whole case is a huge mystery! I feel there is a lot that they are not sharing (which I understand, but it makes for one confused sleuther!) Let's hope today we get some positive news on the missing children and their mother.

Nothing new in news. Was hoping for a quick found and update. IF LE thinks that she dropped off with friends, who might not know the kids a missing, they sure must know by now. Even if she came back and got them, if their is someone they should come forward. I would assume.

I'm not sure what you're getting at. She and the kids were seen alive and well by her parents the next day.

No, the kids were not seen after her appointment from the timeline as I understand it.

Jacob taken Sunday to a "playdate", and Sarah (and mom claims also Jacob) taken early Monday to an unknown daycare. Then, during Monday is Catherine's medical appointment - after which the dad wants to pick up the children and mom evades. Dad pushes mom until she agrees to go to the police station, but they stop for a bite to eat first and mom slips away.

No, the kids were not seen after her appointment from the timeline as I understand it.

Jacob taken Sunday to a "playdate", and Sarah (and mom claims also Jacob) taken early Monday to an unknown daycare. Then, during Monday is Catherine's medical appointment - after which the dad wants to pick up the children and mom evades. Dad pushes mom until she agrees to go to the police station, but they stop for a bite to eat first and mom slips away.

This is how I interpreted it, as well. Catherine has a diagnosis of paranoid schizophrenia. IMO, Troy was attempting to handle Catherine with "kid gloves" to locate the children... then "ease" her to the police station... she is possibly off of her meds... very worrisome....

This is the part that stands out most to me. Why stop somewhere to eat? And then poof she is gone? SO confusing!

Maybe her husband just wanted to sit her down and try to talk some sense into her before he went to the police. Keep in mind, the husband is used to dealing with her mental issues and behavioral issues over the duration of their 3 kids lives. Sitting her down and reasoning things through might have worked in the past, doesn't look like it worked too well this time around.

Sounds to me like she has done something awful with the kids :( When her husband wanted to go to police, she ran. This is the craziest story...

It is crazy! I had to read the initial story 5 times because my mind was spinning! I am so scared for these kids...and the mom. In this case we know her mind is not well. And that is just a sad situation in itself. Oy.

And the press release:

She could be part of what they call a "partial program" which provides intensive psychiatric care without the patient having to be hospitalized. The programs are designed to be able to serve people who are stabilized but still need regular ongoing care to maintain the stabilization.

ETA Strawberry already had this thought and posted above...sorry for the duplicate info!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Drury Lane