1111 users online (225 members and 886 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Question Planned?

Hi everyone. I was just wondering, for those who believe Darlie is guilty- do you think she premeditated the murders, or was it spur of the moment? Did she decide to kill her boys- or did she just snap?

(For the record, I'm undecided on her guilt- I'm leaning towards her having committed the murders, but I'm not 100% convinced).

Planned?

The jury is still out!

I do think she did it and she is where she belongs.

MOO,

S

Quote Originally Posted by britgirl
    Hi everyone. I was just wondering, for those who believe Darlie is guilty- do you think she premeditated the murders, or was it spur of the moment? Did she decide to kill her boys- or did she just snap?

(For the record, I'm undecided on her guilt- I'm leaning towards her having committed the murders, but I'm not 100% convinced).
    From everything I have studied in this case so far, it appears that both theories have holes in them and both have some interesting supporting evidence/information. I don't think we know enough yet to make an educated judgement on that though. Like the poster before me said, "the jury is still out."

"The difference between fiction and reality? Fiction has to make sense." - Tom Clancy

I am going with safe ground and saying 'a bit of both'. I bet she thought a lot about how much easier life would be without the 2 boys and had thought of ways of achieving that. On that night though I reckon she did it spur of the moment, woke up and looked around and felt the silence and loneliness of downstairs and figured it would be so easy to just stab them, she probably figured that if she stab hard enough they wouldn't even wake up. Hence the vicious terrible injuries they sustained.

I would still like to believe that a mother could never do this to her children but the way she spoke after the silly string party is not a mother grieving any sort of loss. Even the interview with her on death row sounds more grieving than she did 8 days after their murder. Sadly her grief is now for herself not her poor defenseless little boys.

One of my sons is 6 years old and I look at him and think how could she have?????? If there was an intruder in my house that had hurt my son, slit throat or not he wouldn't have got out of there without some damage from me!

Jayne

I think she planned it, but by no more than hours.

Quote Originally Posted by britgirl

I won't let myself believe she planned it. NOt for any length of time anyway. maybe she did by a couple of hours as Jeana thinks but the jury is still out for me on this one.

Quote Originally Posted by cami
    I won't let myself believe she planned it. NOt for any length of time anyway. maybe she did by a couple of hours as Jeana thinks but the jury is still out for me on this one.
    I think she thought about it, but never too seriously, until right before it happened. I think she thought "my life would be so much easier and I'd have so much more money if it weren't for these kids" type of thing, but something set her off the night she carried it out.

Quote Originally Posted by Jules
    I think she thought about it, but never too seriously, until right before it happened. I think she thought "my life would be so much easier and I'd have so much more money if it weren't for these kids" type of thing, but something set her off the night she carried it out.

The fight with Darin set her off. I'm sure she told him plenty of times she wanted a "divorce" or "separation," however, IMO that night he told her he did too and that started it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeana (DP)
    The fight with Darin set her off. I'm sure she told him plenty of times she wanted a "divorce" or "separation," however, IMO that night he told her he did too and that started it.
    I agree. I think Darlie had been thinking about how her life would be better without Damon and Devon. She was already used to the idea of them not being around because she had thought about it so often, not planned it, just thought about life without them. Everybody says "well why didn't she kill Drake and Darin", because I don't think she wanted them out of her life.
    I even think that night during the fight with Darin, she said something about killing the boys, but it was more just an attention seeking thing. Darin might have shot back with "go ahead, you don't have the nerve, you're full of BS", etc. Maybe she took him up on his dare. More of an "I'll show him" thingy. Maybe that's why Darin helped her cover it up and supports her now. He feels guilty because he feels he helped bring it on. She probably helps him feel like that too. She might have said "you made me do this". I've had this theory in my head for awhile. It sounds like Darlie, doesn't it?
    Beesy Was Here

So I held my head up high
    Hiding hate that burns inside
    Which only fuels their selfish pride
    We're all held captive
    Out from the sun
    A sun that shines on only some
    We the meek are all in one
    Creed
    My Own Prison

Thanks Jeana - forgot that part...

It also might be that she told Darin that he would just be better off without her and the boys (oh poor me kind of thing). It could have been in the back of her small mind that she would do them and herself. Of course, she would never have the personal strength to harm herself. I don't count her little cuts as very harmful. IMO only

I think she planned it, but by no more than hours.
    I am wondering about a few things. Why do you think she did it? Killing the boys wouldn't solve the cash flow problems they were having, at least not immediately. The funeral expenses were more than the insurance payout. If she did it for the "MOM" burn out factor,
    that doesn't make sense either because she still had the baby to take care of. That only leaves the "attention" sympathy factor, or getting even with Darin. If it was to get even with Darin, WHY is he protecting her!?!? I had heard that she may be covering for some dirty business deals he made. Even still, I am just wondering WHAT her point was! What did she have to gain?

Quote Originally Posted by deandaniellws
    I am wondering about a few things. Why do you think she did it? Killing the boys wouldn't solve the cash flow problems they were having, at least not immediately. The funeral expenses were more than the insurance payout. If she did it for the "MOM" burn out factor,
    that doesn't make sense either because she still had the baby to take care of. That only leaves the "attention" sympathy factor, or getting even with Darin. If it was to get even with Darin, WHY is he protecting her!?!? I had heard that she may be covering for some dirty business deals he made. Even still, I am just wondering WHAT her point was! What did she have to gain?
    I'm not really sure anybody will ever know the motive. How can we? We don't think the way Darlie or Darin think. I doubt Darlie even knows why she did it. She is very selfish and I think it just all piled up. Things that make a "normal" person upset, started throwing her over the edge. She gained nothing, but she shed a couple of things. I think she liked babies, but once they became boys, she didn't know what to do with them. They took too much time, etc. She probably still wanted Drake and Darin. She just figured she'd be believed and they could move on with their lives.
    Beesy Was Here

So I held my head up high
    Hiding hate that burns inside
    Which only fuels their selfish pride
    We're all held captive
    Out from the sun
    A sun that shines on only some
    We the meek are all in one
    Creed
    My Own Prison

While I agree with what many posters have said, and in particular Beesy, I still tend to think that it wasn't planned in the real sense. Jeana is probably right on the "no more than a few hours". I think if Darlie had actually planned things then Drake would have also been killed that night. There was no monetary advantage to killing the boys, since the funerals no doubt cost more than the worth of the insurance policies, so the advantage for Darlie had to be either her freedom or hurting Darin. If it was her freedom, then Drake would also need to be killed. However, in order to kill Drake, she would have to risk waking Darin... and she didn't want to do that. I think if Darin had caught her in the act of killing any of the boys, he would have stopped her.

Quote Originally Posted by HeartofTexas
    While I agree with what many posters have said, and in particular Beesy, I still tend to think that it wasn't planned in the real sense. Jeana is probably right on the "no more than a few hours". I think if Darlie had actually planned things then Drake would have also been killed that night. There was no monetary advantage to killing the boys, since the funerals no doubt cost more than the worth of the insurance policies, so the advantage for Darlie had to be either her freedom or hurting Darin. If it was her freedom, then Drake would also need to be killed. However, in order to kill Drake, she would have to risk waking Darin... and she didn't want to do that. I think if Darin had caught her in the act of killing any of the boys, he would have stopped her.
    So you believe that if she did it, Darin is not a part of it? If this is so, do you believe he knows now? None of this crime makes sense to me, so I am still trying to figure it out. Unlike the Peterson crime, this one has no clear motive as far as I can tell. Like you said, if freedom was the key, there was still the baby!?!?! Of course, she wasn't the brightest crayon in the box to begin with.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast