Ohio man injured after sleepwalking off cliff

OkieGranny

Retired WS Staff
Reaction score
http://www.theindychannel.com/news/daily-extras/ohio-man-injured-after-sleepwalking-off-cliff

A Kentucky camper was expected to make a full recovery after apparently sleepwalking off a cliff.

Rescue crews believe the Cincinnati man was camping near Gray’s Arch Trail with friends over the weekend. Authorities said he got up and walked over a ledge -- falling 60 feet.

His fellow campers called police in the middle of the night when they noticed he was missing. After four hours, rescuers found him and pulled him to safety.

http://abcnews.go.com/Weird/wireStory/sleepwalking-camper-injured-cliff-fall-ky-25372458

Wolfe County rope technician John May told the station the Cincinnati man, whose name wasn't released, fell about 60 feet early Thursday and landed in an area with several large boulders.

He called it a "miracle" that the man survived. May said the camper suffered a head injury, a dislocated shoulder and a fractured leg, but he's expected to make a full recovery.

I used to be a sleepwalker (many years ago), it was a worry. I had to lock and chain doors, I even had to place props, anything to prevent me from getting outside.
The above incident is the sort of thing I never wanted to happen to me. (Or to walk into the path of a motor vehicle)!!
Sleepwalking stopped many years ago. It stopped about the same time as I got married, I had to explain to my new husband why I had to lock and chain doors etc. Luckily it stopped.
I feel sorry for the sleepwalking man.

My 9 year old has had night terrors, sleepwalking, and trouble falling asleep since he was just under two. I have alarm and window locks and camping is really a stressor for me because I'm always worried about this! (As an aside, earlier this year, he was diagnosed with ADD, and he now takes a low dose of medication for that. Sleep issues cured almost abruptly)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back