MI - Boy, 4, throws puppy in disturbing video

Lovejac

Reaction score
http://www.fox8live.com/story/26482486/grandfather-could-face-charges-after-puppy-thrown-into-street

When Karl Collyer of Flint saw what his 4-year-old neighbor was doing to his new puppy last week, he says he couldn't just sit by and watch.

"I just couldn't believe my eyes," says Pickell. "When you see the way he picked this puppy up and threw it again and again and again, you know it just didn't start."

The sheriff says the dog has been removed from the home and is doing OK.

Arrangements are already being made to get the 4-year-old professional help. The dog will be put up for adoption.

I couldn't watch the video. Just seeing the still shot made me cry.

They have arrested the boys' grandfather on unrelated charges. The 4 year old lives there with him and his mother.

The puppy named Tippy is at animal control and won't be returned to its former owner. The little boy is autistic and should have been watched and kept out of the road. The puppy also shouldn't have been loose. The grandfather who was supposed to be watching them was arrested for being a felon in possession of a firearm. This whole thing happened near where I live and I know some of the people involved in the rescue of the puppy. The vet checked the puppy and said it isn't injured. The mother of the puppy was tied up by the porch of the house. I don't know if the people are being allowed to keep it. Protective services is investigating the care of the little boy. He could have been hit by a car while running in and out of the road. Some people I know talked to the grandfather for about an hour trying to educate him on proper care of dogs and children.

This video was taken 6 days ago. It took the person who filmed it 2 days to even be able to get any authorities interested in doing anything about it. After a lot of animals lovers got upset about the video, authorities started to take notice. The boy is supposedly going to "help" a rescue by doing "community service" to learn how to properly treat animals. But the boy is only 4 (some say 3) and autistic, so I don't know how much he can "help" a rescue. He is a victim as much as the puppy. He should have been supervised at all times and shown how to properly handle and treat a puppy. He probably didn't even realize that he was doing wrong and that he could hurt the puppy by his actions. In facebook comments people were calling the boy a "future serial killer." That isn't really fair. The little boy needs love, guidance, teaching, and supervision to know how to behave with animals. I doubt that he is just an evil little boy. Any negative comments need to be reserved for his caregivers who weren't doing their job. Maybe now the boy will get whatever extra help he needs. I'm glad that he and the puppy didn't get hit by a car.

This video was taken 6 days ago. It took the person who filmed it 2 days to even be able to get any authorities interested in doing anything about it. After a lot of animals lovers got upset about the video, authorities started to take notice. The boy is supposedly going to "help" a rescue by doing "community service" to learn how to properly treat animals. But the boy is only 4 (some say 3) and autistic, so I don't know how much he can "help" a rescue. He is a victim as much as the puppy. He should have been supervised at all times and shown how to properly handle and treat a puppy. He probably didn't even realize that he was doing wrong and that he could hurt the puppy by his actions. In facebook comments people were calling the boy a "future serial killer." That isn't really fair. The little boy needs love, guidance, teaching, and supervision to know how to behave with animals. I doubt that he is just an evil little boy. Any negative comments need to be reserved for his caregivers who weren't doing their job. Maybe now the boy will get whatever extra help he needs. I'm glad that he and the puppy didn't get hit by a car.

Oh dear God. I wish people would take the time to educate them selves. This child had no clue, he was harming a puppy. :(

Thank you, Jan.

I agree with everything you said. That's exactly why I chose 'Crimes against Children' forum to start this thread. It's a miracle both the boy and puppy weren't hit by a car. I pray, pray, pray that someone will rescue the other dogs still in their care.

I love the name Tippy :loveyou: and I'm so glad he is okay

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back