GUILTY IA - Evelyn Miller, 5, Charles City, 1 July 2005

nvfc

Former Member
Reaction score
Website
www.nvfc.us
Evelyn was last seen at home around 6 a.m. on July 1, 2005. When she was last seen, Evelyn was wearing light blue flowered shorts and a light blue flowered shirt. She has a mark on the left side of her chest and a scar on her right knee. Evelyn's left bottom tooth is missing.

http://nvfc.us/content/view/387/55/

There is/was reportedly a press conference at 4...but so far nothing more about it. Discovered missing at 6am...just like Jessica :(

I hope we get more information soon.....I pray she is found safe

lady-eowyn said:
There is/was reportedly a press conference at 4...but so far nothing more about it. Discovered missing at 6am...just like Jessica :(

I hope we get more information soon.....I pray she is found safe
I knew nothing about her til I posted her. Do you have any links, did she go missing from her home? Awful odd scenario, I get the feeling that last seen at six am is more like was noticed missing at six am. I hope I am wrong but school does not have to do with her being up early.

Thanks Lady-eowyn

Very little information and I am surprised there is not more on the news, but then again it seems normal. News sources that do not cover stories other than their meal ticket are really starting to tick me off.

There needs to be a full court press to find this little girl!

MAH

LadyLuck said:
Not a lot of information. Wonder why no Amber Alert?
No vehicle, no amber. Thats why I say we need another system, many cases do not meet the criteria of an amber alert.

I was absolutely shocked that you had to have a vehicle involved to be eligible for an Amber alert.

Evelyn is lovely. I hope they find her. Have you e-mailed this to Nancy Grace's show? I bet she would put it on.

ETA: Never mind. I e-mailed myself. Hopefully, there is a chance it could help.
Also, maybe they will find Evelyn before Nancy Grace's next show.

Amber Alerts are not just issued because a vehicle is involved. They are issued because it is known that a child is in danger. In other words, someone saw something. The laws pertaining the issuance of these alerts vary by state, so you need to look up the state law in IA to see how it reads.

Kelly

Kelly said:
Amber Alerts are not just issued because a vehicle is involved. They are issued because it is known that a child is in danger. In other words, someone saw something. The laws pertaining the issuance of these alerts vary by state, so you need to look up the state law in IA to see how it reads.

Kelly
I live in Iowa, this post is the first i've heard about this little girl.

Many states do require a vehicle tag # as well as visually seeing an abduction. The problem is as Kelly pointed out that you have to check with individual states as it does vary between states.

I see this as a problem and it should be uniform between all fifty states.

See below for Iowa criteria.

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The following criteria is utilized to determine if an Amber Alert should be issued for the state of Iowa:[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]1.[/font] [font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Law enforcement confirms a child has been abducted.[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]2.[/font] [font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The child is under the age of 18.[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]3.[/font] [font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Law enforcement believes the circumstances surrounding the abduction indicate that the child is in danger of serious bodily harm or death.[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]4.[/font] [font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]There is enough descriptive information about the child, abductor, and/or suspect's vehicle to believe an immediate broadcast alert will help.
[/font]

Missing Child: Evelyn Miller, Charles City, IA

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.kimt.com

Charles City Child Missing

Megan Strader
MASON CITY,Iowa(KIMT)
Friday, July 1, 2005

A day of searching still has no one with any guesses as to where Evelyn Miller could be.

There are mixed feelings as to how she ended up missing.

Evelyn's mother and her family are in shock over the disappearance of their little girl.

Noel Miller tells KIMT NewsChannel Three, " I came home and at 6:19 I got ready to go to bed and looked over on the sofa where the kids were sleeping and Evelyn wasn't there. And I ran into the bedroom to make sure she wasn't there and she wasn't there and she wasn't so I knocked on all my neighbors doors to help me look for her."

But they didn't find her. And her family just can't see her getting up and leaving in the middle of the night.

"She never does this, she never would have done this...she's missing."

But the Floyd County Sheriff's Office doesn't believe she *was*taken from her apartment.

Sheriff Rick Lynch tells KIMT NewsChannel Three, "At this time it's a search. We believe in the possibility that the child wandered off and we hope that's the case. That's why we have a search and rescue on the ground searching the area."

Regardless of the circumstances surrounding Evelyn's disappearance, her family just wants to be able to hold her again.

"She's a cute little girl I just want her home."

A home that is now the center of a Search and Rescue Mission.

http://www.kwwl.com

July 1, 2005 - Floyd County
Missing Girl

Searchers continues to look for a missing girl in Floyd County. Five-year-old Evelyn Millier was last seen at 2:00a.m. Friday morning at her home north of Charles City.

A statewide Amber Alert has not been issued. Searchers combed the fields and woods near Charles City looking for any trace of Evelyn Miller. But with every step, no luck.

Rick Lynch is the Floyd County Sheriff ans says, "Right now, we have no evidence. We haven't gotten anything in the woods, cricks....or bean fields."

The five year old was last seen in her second floor apartment after answering the door. Her father was asleep. Her mother, Noel, was at work. She discovered Evelyn was missing. "We ran along, checked the grove, checked everything...we knew she wasn't home. My door was open. We knew something bad happened."

The sheriff says no Amber Alert has been issued because it doesn't meet state regulations. There's no suspect and no suspect vehicle. For the family, it's been an anxious wait.

Linda Christie is Evelyn's grandmother and says, "It's very frustrating. Very. Each second goers by, it's just a little bit longer that she's missing."

"She's a smart little girl. Loves to read and she listens to directions very good. It's unusual, they should've had an Amber Alert a long time ago," Evelyn's mother says.

Iowa State Patrol has flown over the area using infra-red detectors, police dogs, and rescuers with ATV's have spread out, but so far, there's no trace of Evelyn.

Evelyn has dark blond hair, hazel eyes and she was last seen wearing a light blue T-shirt and blue shorts with no shoes. Anyone with information should call police.

The 2:00- 6:00 thing is strange. How does anyone know she answered the door at 2 a.m. What is it about letting kids sleep on the couch?

<snip>

[font=Arial,Helvetica,Verdana,Geneva,Swiss,Sans-serif]Evelyn Celeste Miller was reported missing by her mother, Noel Miller, after she returned home to Quarry Road Apartments from her job at the Nora Springs Care Center at approximately 6:19 a.m.

Miller said she found the family cat in the hallway of the complex and the door to her apartment was ajar. Her fiance, Casey Frederiksen, and her two other children, Gabriel, 2, and Damian, 1, were in the apartment sleeping, but "there was no Evelyn."

Miller said the last people to see her daughter were two friends of Frederiksen who stopped by the apartment at around 2 a.m.
[/font]

http://www.globegazette.com/articles/2005/07/02/local/doc42c610e5eb1ed400751267.txt

Well, if they were in Aruba these two people would have their butts in jail...I certainly hope they are checking them out. But what doesn't make sense is the fact that the two friends were the last to see Evelyn...where was the fiance? It seems that the fiance should have been the last to see her. I personally do not think this girl just walked out...this sounds like an abduction to me.

ETA...after reading several articles I am guess that maybe it was the two friends who were at the door when she answered it....

I just checked Floyd Co. for sex offenders...not that many there (compared to where I live anyway) but the majority of them are listed in Charles City:confused:

Finally a little bit of info. And it clears up the 2am sighting. Okay, last person to see someone is usually the first suspect right? They aren't saying much about the 2 friends, but I am guessing that since they were friends of the fiance Casey Frederiksen they were more than likely male? I wonder if the finance got up when they came to the apt? I wonder if she got up when they came to the door. Wonder how cooperative the fiance and the 2 friends are being?

Oh, no...not another mom's boyfriend/boyfriend's friend case......prayers for Evelyn!! She is precious.

englishleigh said:
Oh, no...not another mom's boyfriend/boyfriend's friend case......prayers for Evelyn!! She is precious.

I am thinking the same thing. Sounds like boyfriend problem again. I sure hope these people are checked out. Why were these friends visiting at 2am?????

Definately bring in these two people in for questioning. It is the best lead and nothing has seemed right about this since the beginning.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jemabogado
Back