1310 users online (173 members and 1137 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 68 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast

Australia - Warriena Wright, 26, dies in balcony fall, Surfers Paradise, Aug 2014 #3

The young woman in this case apparently met the man whose apartment she fell from on Tinder. Police are calling the death suspicious and the investigation is continuing.

Police have positively identified a woman who died after she fell from a Surfers Paradise high-rise apartment building.

The woman has been identified as 26-year-old Warriena Tagpuno Wright from Lower Hutt, New Zealand.

Around 2.20am on Friday officers were called to the Wahroonga Place building after receiving reports that a woman had fallen from a balcony.

Police have confirmed the death is being treated as suspicious.

......The 28-year-old man who is the sole occupant of the apartment, Gable Tostee, was assisting police with inquiries on Friday afternoon. He was not formally arrested and no charges have been laid.

Tagpuno Wright was reportedly visiting Tostee after meeting him through an online dating app, believed to be Tinder, the Courier Mail reported.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/world/austral...e-balcony-fall

Gable Tostee, man at centre of investigations into Surfers Paradise highrise death plunge of Warriena Wright, charged with murder

http://www.goldcoastbulletin.com.au/...-1227025428311

Thread #1

Thread #2

Media/Timeline Thread
    Last edited by marlywings; 09-11-2014 at 10:02 AM.

Australia:Warriena Tagpuno Wright,dies after Surfers Paradise balcony fall *ARREST*#3

Please be mindful of our rules....

Rules ~ Etiquette & Information

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...58#post8364858
    Last edited by marlywings; 09-11-2014 at 09:57 AM.

Australia:Warriena Tagpuno Wright,dies after Surfers Paradise balcony fall *ARREST*#3

Please continue here....

Gable Tostee charged with murder of Warriena Wright

Things are not what they appear to be. Nor are they otherwise.
    - Surangama Sutra

Ms Wright, 26, died when she fell 14 floors from Gold Coast balcony

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...d-heights.html
    - Surangama Sutra

- Surangama Sutra

So creepy. Is that supposed to be a pickup line?

A person posting, calling himself ‘G T’ and using a Facebook picture of Tostee, took to a bodybuilding site to deny causing New Zealander Warriena Tagpuno Wright to fall to her death.

The poster, active on the site since July 2004, has previously posted screenshots of explicit Tinder messages from an account that appears to be Mr Tostee’s.

The same poster also goes into graphic detail about previous sexual encounters, Tinder dates and his love of taking girls onto his Surfers Paradise balcony.

http://www.goldcoastbulletin.com.au/...-1227020483212
    - Surangama Sutra

NOW he is devastated about what happened to her. Sounds like he's been reading what we've been saying. Guess he has to read up to find out what appropriate response is.

. all i said was i know some people female and male--get a bit slap/punch happy when drinking, also Warriena - is not 10 years old, putting her on a pedistal of innocent's and naive, is not realistic. [modsnip]
    Last edited by Salem; 09-11-2014 at 07:23 PM. Reason: Please do not discuss moderation in the threads. Contact the mod of your choice and they will redirect as necessary.

Quote Originally Posted by nao View Post
    . all i said was i know some people female and male--get a bit slap/punch happy when drinking, also Warriena - is not 10 years old, putting her on a pedistal of innocent's and naive, is not realistic. <modsnip>...
    But NObody is doing or claiming that. It's just not happening.
    Last edited by marlywings; 09-12-2014 at 06:18 AM. Reason: edited quote

Quote Originally Posted by Renee110 View Post
    So creepy. Is that supposed to be a pickup line?
    I actually think that was all genuinely meant to be a joke. On both sides. Calling "911"? That has to be a joke, or the woman doesn't have a clue what country she's in.

Quote Originally Posted by Ausgirl View Post
    I actually think that was all genuinely meant to be a joke. On both sides. Calling "911"? That has to be a joke, or the woman doesn't have a clue what country she's in.
    Yes, the woman is a Ch 9 Current Affairs program producer .. which is why she was happy to air the exchanges between her and Tostee on the show, once he had been arrested for Warriena's murder. Given the many contacts that he made through Tinder, there were bound to be more than a few who were willing to pass their experiences along - one just happened to be a TV program producer.
    - Surangama Sutra

Quote Originally Posted by SouthAussie View Post
    Yes, the woman is a Ch 9 Current Affairs program producer .. which is why she was happy to air the exchanges between her and Tostee on the show, once he had been arrested for Warriena's murder. Given the many contacts that he made through Tinder, there were bound to be more than a few who were willing to pass their experiences along - one just happened to be a TV program producer.
    I do think the exchange here might have been offered up in an out-of-context way, though. Made for good press, I guess, but in this instance I'm not seeing anything particularly damning.

Quote Originally Posted by Ausgirl View Post
    I do think the exchange here might have been offered up in an out-of-context way, though. Made for good press, I guess, but in this instance I'm not seeing anything particularly damning.
    Agree. Just part of his charm .. that good ole humour.
    - Surangama Sutra

Page 1 of 68 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast