Mulder

Goody

Reaction score
Can't find the thread in which someone said that Mulder was romantically involved with Joy Aylor. Whoever it was got it wrong. Check this out.

[font=Arial,Helvetica]When Joy fled Dallas in May 1990 on the eve of her scheduled trial before McDowell, she was accompanied by another lover, prosecutor-turned-defense lawyer Mike Wilson. A man running from his own demons, Wilson had an alcohol and drug dependency problem stretching back to the late Seventies. Just how deep this dependency ran is documented by an incident that occurred shortly before he ran away with Joy. In March, two months before his fateful dash to Canada, Wilson was snagged in a DEA bust and charged with possessing and intending to distribute 21 kilos of cocaine, dope that he had taken in payment for defending a drug dealer. At the time, the street value of the narcotic was in excess of $300,000.[/font] [font=Arial,Helvetica]Wilson, ducking his own trial, and Joy bolted to Vancouver. Tucked carefully away in one of Joy's traveling bags was more than a quarter of a million dollars in cash, money that she had gotten from the sale of her house and from her mother, supposedly to pay for her defense. After a few days in Canada, the paranoid Joy, fearing authorities were hot on their trail, abandoned Wilson, leaving him to ponder whether he should follow her or return to Dallas to face the charges against him. Before he could make up his mind, he was arrested by Canadian Royal Mounted Police and spirited back to Texas.[/font] http://www.kenglade.com/joy02.htm

Mulder represented Aylor in the charges against her related to the murder of a woman in Dallas. The atty she was involved with, however, was this guy Wilson, not Mulder.

Here's link for Part One if you want to read the whole story. http://www.kenglade.com/joy01.htm

Goody said:
Can't find the thread in which someone said that Mulder was romantically involved with Joy Aylor. Whoever it was got it wrong. Check this out.

[font=Arial,Helvetica]When Joy fled Dallas in May 1990 on the eve of her scheduled trial before McDowell, she was accompanied by another lover, prosecutor-turned-defense lawyer Mike Wilson. A man running from his own demons, Wilson had an alcohol and drug dependency problem stretching back to the late Seventies. Just how deep this dependency ran is documented by an incident that occurred shortly before he ran away with Joy. In March, two months before his fateful dash to Canada, Wilson was snagged in a DEA bust and charged with possessing and intending to distribute 21 kilos of cocaine, dope that he had taken in payment for defending a drug dealer. At the time, the street value of the narcotic was in excess of $300,000.[/font] [font=Arial,Helvetica]Wilson, ducking his own trial, and Joy bolted to Vancouver. Tucked carefully away in one of Joy's traveling bags was more than a quarter of a million dollars in cash, money that she had gotten from the sale of her house and from her mother, supposedly to pay for her defense. After a few days in Canada, the paranoid Joy, fearing authorities were hot on their trail, abandoned Wilson, leaving him to ponder whether he should follow her or return to Dallas to face the charges against him. Before he could make up his mind, he was arrested by Canadian Royal Mounted Police and spirited back to Texas.[/font] http://www.kenglade.com/joy02.htm

Mulder represented Aylor in the charges against her related to the murder of a woman in Dallas. The atty she was involved with, however, was this guy Wilson, not Mulder.

Here's link for Part One if you want to read the whole story.

http://www.kenglade.com/joy01.htmhttp://www.kenglade.com/joy01.htm
What is all this about? Make it simple for bees plz. LOL

beesy said:
What is all this about? Make it simple for bees plz. LOL
Well, you can check out the link and find the story, but here's what I remember.

Joy Aylor was a narcisstic socialite who went through men like money, but with a rich Daddy, she usually got her way. She had the hots for some guy who was a blue collar guy, and I think she went after his wife, had her killed trying to win the guy over. It all blew up in her face and she took up with a slimy defense atty, who had been involved in drug running. I can't remember exactly what type of legal work he was doing for her, but the two were thick as thieves. She ran off with him to avoid the murder charges but he ended up having to flee drug charges. It's been a long time since I looked at this one. At any rate, Mulder ended up representing her on the murder charges.

Someone here said that Mulder was her atty lover, but I looked that up because it blew my mind. Turned out that was incorrect. The sleezy atty was Mike Wilson and he was long gone by the time Mulder was hired.

It is a very interesting read though if you want to try it. I am sure there are some great books on the case. The links I put up are to a student lawyer who condensed it. Lots of color and twists in the story.

I think Bees was asking you how this was related to Darlie Routier.

bensmom98 said:
No, not really. Mulder was Darlie's attorney and Goody was just passing along some gossip about him, and then correcting the gossip.

beesy said:
No, not really. Mulder was Darlie's attorney and Goody was just passing along some gossip about him, and then correcting the gossip.
No, Goody was correcting some misinformation posted by another poster in another thread. I couldn't find the thread that it was in so I stuck my neck out and started a new one.

bensmom98 said:
Darlie's atty, Doug Mulder, has taken a lot of hard hits over years, and most of it is not fair. On the other hand, there are so many spin off stories in this case, I am always curious when someone points another out. It is just that this time the story was incorrect. I would have posted the proof directly to the poster who made the original allegations, but I could not find the post or the thread it was in.

Besides, just about anything Doug Mulder does is going to be related to Darlie's case. He is bigger than life.

Goody said:
No, Goody was correcting some misinformation posted by another poster in another thread. I couldn't find the thread that it was in so I stuck my neck out and started a new one.
I didn't say you started the gossip or whatever it's called, I said you were passing along the correct gossip or whatever you want to call it

beesy said:
I didn't say you started the gossip or whatever it's called, I said you were passing along the correct gossip or whatever you want to call it
Proof.

The name of the book re Joy Aylor was "Open Secrets", written by Carlton Stowers. Here's a synopsis:

In 1983, Rozanne Gailiunas was brutally murdered in her suburban home while her four-year-old son napped in the next room. Rozanne had been having an affair with contractor Larry Aylor, and Larry's wife, Joy, had put out a death contract--$5,000. This book takes readers inside Det. McGowen's 10-year pursuit to bring the elusive Joy Aylor to justice...

HeartofTexas said:
The name of the book re Joy Aylor was "Open Secrets", written by Carlton Stowers. Here's a synopsis:

In 1983, Rozanne Gailiunas was brutally murdered in her suburban home while her four-year-old son napped in the next room. Rozanne had been having an affair with contractor Larry Aylor, and Larry's wife, Joy, had put out a death contract--$5,000. This book takes readers inside Det. McGowen's 10-year pursuit to bring the elusive Joy Aylor to justice...
Oh, thanks, Goody!

Yoo hoo, here I am, I am the one who made the erroneous allegation about Doug Mulder. I read the Joy Aylor book years ago and knew her lawyer was busted with the coke, but forgot that it was her first lawyer. Anyway, I don't know what happened to that thread either, but I surely am glad you straightened me out.

By the way, the book was very good, filled with factual local information for anyone from Dallas, and Joy got paid back in spades. Her own teenage son took a Corvette out onto 635 one night and wrecked it killing himself in the middle of the mess she was in. She sat in a French jail a long time before being brought back here. For someone who thought she was pretty hot stuff, it had to be a tough time going from Neiman's at Northpark to prison whites. I bought the book while she was on trial back in 1994, I believe it was. It was one of the first trials I watched on Court TV, back when you could call in at night and talk to the prosecutor!

Thanks for setting me straight. I always kind of liked Mulder too, so I don't know how I got his record confused like that! Thanks, Goody!

Hey, I also know the court reporter (just an acquaintance, not a friend) who did that lousy transcript that almost got Darlie a new trial. She didn't deserve one, even with all those errors, so I am glad she didn't get it!

Cowgirl said:
Hey, I also know the court reporter (just an acquaintance, not a friend) who did that lousy transcript that almost got Darlie a new trial. She didn't deserve one, even with all those errors, so I am glad she didn't get it!
Nice post, Cowgirl. I heard the court reporter believed Darlie to be guilty and tried to slant things against her in some of those errors. Ever hear anything like that or is that just more propaganda from the Darlies?

Goody said:
Nice post, Cowgirl. I heard the court reporter believed Darlie to be guilty and tried to slant things against her in some of those errors. Ever hear anything like that or is that just more propaganda from the Darlies?
Hee, it is more propaganda by the Darlies, I assure you. There were loads of errors, but they were in punctuation and spelling, not in context. Sure, punctuation can be vital, but believe me, if the judge who ruled on a new trial had seen errors of substance, he would have given her a new trial. Look at these two lines. They have totally different meanings but can be written the exact same way on a steno machine. If she punctuated this wrong, it would change the meaning:

I heard you. Whispering the answer to him is also wrong.

I heard you whispering the answer. To him, is Al so wrong?

If the transcript had conflicts like this that were slanted against Darlie -- or even for her -- he would have ordered a new trial.

Cowgirl said:
Hee, it is more propaganda by the Darlies, I assure you. There were loads of errors, but they were in punctuation and spelling, not in context. Sure, punctuation can be vital, but believe me, if the judge who ruled on a new trial had seen errors of substance, he would have given her a new trial. Look at these two lines. They have totally different meanings but can be written the exact same way on a steno machine. If she punctuated this wrong, it would change the meaning:

I heard you. Whispering the answer to him is also wrong.

I heard you whispering the answer. To him, is Al so wrong?

If the transcript had conflicts like this that were slanted against Darlie -- or even for her -- he would have ordered a new trial.
Well, that is interesting. She did make one big error though. When she said Darin locked the utility room door. It wasn't really clear whether he did or not. He said he locked all the exterior doors, but what would not necessarily include the UR door. Esp since the garage did not have a walk-thru door and the big door was locked. I personally wouldn't lock that door myself. I thought that was prejudicial against Darlie, but should not have been a deciding factor. Since the jury asked about it though, it could have been.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back