750 users online (107 members and 643 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

OH - Robert, 85, & Marian Gleason, 86, West Chester, 9 Sept 2014

I didn't see this posted yet. I sure hate to see these older adults go missing

MISSING PERSONS
    Robert Gleason: white male, 5-foot-7-inches tall, weighing 135 pounds with gray hair and brown eyes. He suffers from medical issues.
    Marian Gleason: white female, 5-foot-6-inches tall, weighing 155 pounds with blonde hair and blue eyes.
    Vehicle last seen in: Red 1997 GMC Sierra pickup truck; Ohio plate number BD30HS.
    If you spot the missing couple or their vehicle, call 911.
    Source: West Chester Police Department

Robert C. Gleason, 85, and Marian L. Gleason, 86, reportedly left their residence in the 4400 block of Bromyard Avenue in West Chester Twp. around 11 a.m. Tuesday and have not been seen since, West Chester police said Thursday.
    There was no indication of foul play, forced entry or anything amiss at the home or on the property and the vehicle was gone from the residence, police said.
    Edgar Gleason, the couple’s son, told police his parents have gotten lost before while driving. Both individuals do take regular medications and may suffer from early stages of dementia, according to police.

http://www.whio.com/news/news/police....WlpMEpDg.dpuf
    Last edited by Unsolved; 09-11-2014 at 10:17 PM.

I usually do not even open these thread with the elderly (or pets ) ) as they are too heartbreaking...hope they are found safely.
    Just my opinion, of course.

http://wdtn.com/2014/09/11/west-ches...issing-couple/

Read the comments. Someone is posting that they think they saw the couple at a Home Depot. Hopefully this person has called in their tip just in case. The weather is getting cooler at night but at least the daytime temperatures are pretty mild. Poor things! I sure hope being together helps them figure out how to stay safe and find food and water.
    Richard Castle " There are two kinds of folks who sit around thinking about how to kill people: psychopaths and mystery writers. I'm the kind that pays better."

http://www.wlwt.com/news/police-look...ouple/28000214

There was a discussion on Friday with their son about moving to assisted living. He went to the doctor Tuesday morning and his credit card was used shortly after to fill up the tank in Sharonville gas station. Their daughter was going to take them to look at the assisted living homes on Wednesday.
    Richard Castle " There are two kinds of folks who sit around thinking about how to kill people: psychopaths and mystery writers. I'm the kind that pays better."

https://www.google.com/maps/dir/Brom...39.1031182!3e0

A map of the neighborhood they live in. Big houses. That would be quite an adjustment to move to assisted living. Maybe they got scared and took off. Got gas in Sharonville. Daughter had planned on taking them to Cincinnati to look at assisted living homes on Wednesday.

Texas Equusearch now on the case:

http://www.wcpo.com/news/local-news/...chester-couple

http://www.cincinnati.com/story/news...ding/15508243/

Family and officials also plan to check out the couple's farm in Indiana.

"They have a 100 acre farm out in Indiana," said Martin Gleason. "They had talked last Friday about going out there and that they'd be out there the next Friday, today"...

Police are continuing to look through traffic cameras on I-42, says Gleason, hoping that they might be able to spot the truck if the couple left town.

Gosh, seems like the farm would have been checked first to see if they were there. Praying this sweet couple is found safely!!

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v...type=2&theater

More information and a new picture of the cute couple. Where are they??

Oh, how I hope this turns out with them returning home safely.

I have to add my experience with a situation somewhat like this. One Thanksgiving all the family had gathered at my Mom & Dad's house (thinking back, this was probably sometime in the '80's). It was getting later in the evening, and we were all about ready to head home when the doorbell rang.

We were surprised and thought who could it be, since we were all there? I opened the front door and found an elderly woman just standing there. It was cold, and I had her come right in. Back then, in a small town in Ohio, you looked out for each other. She was very confused, and it took us quite a while, and a piece of pie, but we finally got a name from her.

I checked the phone book, and called the number for that name. A man answered (her son), and he was quite shocked that his Mom was at the house - she actually was a resident of a nursing home a couple miles away, and must have walked all that way to my parents house. He told us to keep her there (of course we wouldn't let her leave) and he would be right over.

She couldn't tell us why she had picked that house out of all in the neighborhood, but I'm glad she did because at least she did find people who cared. When her son came to get her he was very apologetic, but it wasn't his fault. I imagine the nursing home was in big trouble with him.

So when I read about these elderly cases I always think back. The Gleason's are probably just as nice as they can be - and so very vulnerable if found by the wrong people

Elderly couple found.

http://www.wcpo.com/news/local-news/...neighbors-home

Oh no. I just went looking for an update on the elderly couple. This is just so sad. They were both found deceased behind a neighbors home. More details in the link.

RIP Mr. & Mrs. Gleason.
    My posts are JMO of course!

This is so sad but also very odd. How did they end up in the woods? I guess they could have driven into the woods but fast enough for both to die in the collision? Prayers going up for the family.

ETA: There is a pic of the vehicle in the woods at the above link. It is over an embankment and would have been hard to see from the road.

OH, NO!!! Right by their house?? Wasn't the neighborhood scoured?? This ended just like Ethel O'Neil. Not again!!

Quote Originally Posted by angela View Post
    This is so sad but also very odd. How did they end up in the woods? I guess they could have driven into the woods but fast enough for both to die in the collision? Prayers going up for the family.

ETA: There is a pic of the vehicle in the woods at the above link. It is over an embankment and would have been hard to see from the road.
    Here is an overhead view.
    https://www.google.com/maps/place/So...41eaa?hl=en-US

I just don't see how they weren't found much earlier. Didn't anyone see tracks in their yard? Has it rained there lately? I hope LE will learn from their deaths...start at their home and work out. This is so upsetting!

Quote Originally Posted by Plumeria5 View Post
    OH, NO!!! Right by their house?? Wasn't the neighborhood scoured?? This ended just like Ethel O'Neil. Not again!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Plumeria5 View Post
    Here is an overhead view.
    https://www.google.com/maps/place/So...41eaa?hl=en-US

I just don't see how they weren't found much earlier. Didn't anyone see tracks in their yard? Has it rained there lately? I hope LE will learn from their deaths...start at their home and work out. This is so upsetting!
    Oh no! I was really hoping that they would be found safe. This has been a very emotional week on WS, hasn't it? Plenty of sad cases not ending well, and plenty of tears.

ITA about trying to understand how they weren't found earlier, and also about the search needing to start from the home and work out. The only thing I can imagine is if they were coming home at night, and got confused and drove into those woods. So close to home, sigh.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast