VT - 14 year old arrested after at least 43 dogs die in arson fire

zwiebel

Reaction score
'A 14-year-old boy has been arrested on suspicion of arson after 43 dogs were killed in a large fire at Manchester Dogs' Home.

Police said the number of animals that have died is expected to rise.

Four crews were at the scene of the blaze, which broke out at about 19:00 BST in Moss Brook Road in Harpurhey.'

The dogs were burnt alive while trapped in their kennels. Firefighters did manage to save around 150 of the animals. Locals rushed forward to help with food, blankets and bedding.

Anna Stansfield, manager of Cheshire Dogs Home, described the blaze as "soul destroying" and added all the rescued dogs would be transferred to its site in Cheshire.

"I cannot describe what we have seen tonight. It's soul destroying.

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-manchester-29168971

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    74 KB · Views: 125
Just hearing on BBC news that the number of dogs killed has risen to 60. :(

Such a shame. I've found a petition that was posted on another forum about the pathetic low sentences for animal cruelty in this country. Anyway, such a sad thing to have happened but heartening to see the community banding together to help the rest of the dogs out. A lot of money has also been raised overnight.

http://epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/67018

Don't know if you're in the uk and have seen but it's allegedly a young lad who was very badly attacked by a dog in recent months.

I have seen on Facebook tonight, people 'naming and shaming' and posting pictures of the boy after he was attacked.

What he allegedly did, was beyond awful. Heartbreaking! But I can't say that he deserves what some people are claiming would be 'justice' ...

"I cannot describe what we have seen tonight. It's soul destroying."

:tears:

May all those dear souls who were killed in a most horrible manner run free in Heaven, forever loved, where no one will ever harm them again.

:rose:

May those who survived be blessed with a full recovery and find loving homes.

:prayer:

May the evil subhuman perpetrator receive what he so justly deserves....

:devil:

I don't think he's evil. I think he's a very traumatised boy. I think the whole thing is just very very sad.

What a croc! He was attacked by a dog recently so that gives him a reason to terrorize, torture and murder innocent dogs who did nothing to him?

He's a deranged, evil boy IMO

It emerged yesterday that the dogs which died had been ready to be rehomed with families after being rehabilitated at the centre.

Neighbours Jason Dyer, 41, his son Daniel and nephew Dean Rostock, both 25, were hailed as heroes for rescuing between 30 and 40 dogs from kennels next to the burning building. Mr Dyer said: ‘We ran over instantly, jumped over the fences and starting kicking the cages open, pulling the dogs out two at a time.

‘My son ran to reception to grab all the leads so we could use them to tie the dogs up – we tied them to the fence in the car park. The ceiling was collapsing in and windows were popping left, right and centre.’

His son said: ‘The dogs were coughing and vomiting from the smoke. Nothing deserves to die like that, just at the flick of a finger.’

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...rehoming-centre-Manchester.html#ixzz3DFN2hBL4

Those poor dogs that he killed already had loving homes ready for them.

Serial killers have a history of animal cruelty. This deranged evil boy knew what he was doing was wrong, and that those dogs would be burned alive.
The sooner he is imprisoned for whatever crime he is charged with next the better (for cats, dogs and people). ..:cat:
The Judiciary don't seem to hand out appropriate penalties for cruely to animals. In my opinion.

It emerged yesterday that the dogs which died had been ready to be rehomed with families after being rehabilitated at the centre.

Neighbours Jason Dyer, 41, his son Daniel and nephew Dean Rostock, both 25, were hailed as heroes for rescuing between 30 and 40 dogs from kennels next to the burning building. Mr Dyer said: ‘We ran over instantly, jumped over the fences and starting kicking the cages open, pulling the dogs out two at a time.

‘My son ran to reception to grab all the leads so we could use them to tie the dogs up – we tied them to the fence in the car park. The ceiling was collapsing in and windows were popping left, right and centre.’

His son said: ‘The dogs were coughing and vomiting from the smoke. Nothing deserves to die like that, just at the flick of a finger.’

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...rehoming-centre-Manchester.html#ixzz3DFN2hBL4

And they died in a most horrific manner.

:cry:

Serial killers have a history of animal cruelty. This deranged evil boy knew what he was doing was wrong, and that those dogs would be burned alive.
The sooner he is imprisoned for whatever crime he is charged with next the better (for cats, dogs and people). ..:cat:
The Judiciary don't seem to hand out appropriate penalties for cruely to animals. In my opinion.
Totally agree. Even taking into consideration that he may have been attacked by a dog, the solution is not to torch a building full of innocent animals. Someone at age 14 knows the difference between right and wrong, and he chose to burn those innocent dogs alive inside that building. What would be next? Burning down a family home with the occupants inside because one family member looked at him the wrong way? Killing an innocent person because of some perceived wrong? He needs to be put where he can't harm anyone else, animal or human.

MOO

My point was that the boy arrested on 'suspicion of' has been released on bail without charge! It is wrong for people to put 2 and 2 together, add it up to make 6 and then be judge, jury and executioner!

Also yes a fourteen year old or whoever is responsible would know wgatp right and wgatp wrong but I personally would assume that anyone committing such an act would be very mentally unwell.

What a despicable crime! It's heartbreaking to see such cruel violence heaped on such innocent victims. I can't even fathom what this boy was thinking, and I can't understand how he was released without being charged. It makes absolutely no sense. Even if the court won't view the lives of the dogs as something worth prosecuting, he burned down someone's property and livelihood.

/outraged

^ They need to have evidence that he did it. If they did he would be charged.

I don't think he's evil. I think he's a very traumatised boy. I think the whole thing is just very very sad.

Yeah, well add me to the crowds that don't give a flying ..... I hope the little monster is sent to a real prison, since I am pretty sure they won't lock him in a room and set it on fire. Unfortunately.

Monsters like this need to be stopped. We need to stop treating animal abuse like a littering charge.

God bless those poor babies. Abandoned once and then just when they must have thought they had found a safe place to have this happen.

God bless these two men who risked their lives. There is always good in the face of evil, it seems.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back