CANADA CANADA - Schuyler Rhys Bierkos, 20, Calgary AB, 24 Feb 2013

Police step up search for missing man
http://calgary.ctvnews.ca/police-step-up-search-for-missing-man-1.1292236

Schulyer Bierkos missing, family releases heartfelt statement
http://beaconnews.ca/blog/2013/07/schulyer-bierkos-missing-family-releases-heartfelt-statement/

Family of missing Calgary man describes it as a ‘waking nightmare’
http://globalnews.ca/news/693107/family-of-missing-calgary-man-describes-it-as-a-waking-nightmare/

Family of missing man Schulyer Rhy Bierkos make plea for information regarding his whereabouts
http://www.calgarysun.com/2013/07/04/family-of-missing-man-schulyer-rhy-bierkos-make-plea-for-information-regarding-his-whereabouts

I wonder if Schuyler could be NamUs UP#13029 ? The age range is off, plus Schuyler's teeth look to be in good shape and this doe has "teeth were in poor condition with decay noted to the front top teeth" and it doesn't feel like that could happen in the seven to nine months after Schuyler's disappearance. And I think Schuyler is actually bit taller than is stated on this doe's page.

However, this doe was found with a small brown moose stuffed toy in the left front pocket of their jacket. From the circumstances of discovery it seems like this doe took his own life. To me, the moose is a signal that he has placed there intentionally to signal to those who found him that he is Canadian. Or maybe he was a homesick Canadian. Also, there are a few photos on the Help Find Schuyler Bierkos page where he has a stuffed toy or plushie of one kind or another. No little moose toys, though.

The Help Find Schuyler Bierkos FB page mentions he may have been travelling to the Emerald City Comic Con in Seattle, Washington at the time of his disappearance and that his passport was unaccounted for among his possessions. This makes me think maybe he could be our doe with a cute little moose stuffed toy.

I wonder if Schuyler could be NamUs UP#13029 ? The age range is off, plus Schuyler's teeth look to be in good shape and this doe has "teeth were in poor condition with decay noted to the front top teeth" and it doesn't feel like that could happen in the seven to nine months after Schuyler's disappearance. And I think Schuyler is actually bit taller than is stated on this doe's page.

However, this doe was found with a small brown moose stuffed toy in the left front pocket of their jacket. From the circumstances of discovery it seems like this doe took his own life. To me, the moose is a signal that he has placed there intentionally to signal to those who found him that he is Canadian. Or maybe he was a homesick Canadian. Also, there are a few photos on the Help Find Schuyler Bierkos page where he has a stuffed toy or plushie of one kind or another. No little moose toys, though.

The Help Find Schuyler Bierkos FB page mentions he may have been travelling to the Emerald City Comic Con in Seattle, Washington at the time of his disappearance and that his passport was unaccounted for among his possessions. This makes me think maybe he could be our doe with a cute little moose stuffed toy.

That would be quite a long way to travel but I suppose anything is possible!

That would be quite a long way to travel but I suppose anything is possible!

Yes, especially because Sky didn't have a car and his bank accounts haven't been accessed as far as I understand. This doe does have goodhgood quality and camping equipment with them though so who knows. I know it is a long shot but I just thought it was just possible enough to be worth mentioning here to see what others thought.

I'm not from the US or Canada so I could be reading too much into the moose toy as maybe indicating this doe is Canadian. I don't have a strong sense of whether moose are very associated with Canada, somewhat associated with Canada, or only a little associated with Canada. As a foreigner I immediately thought Canada when I saw the moose—almost like if it had been a bottle of maple syrup or some poutine—but maybe that isn't the case for most Americans and Canadians, I don't know. It stuck out especially because this doe is in Arizona where there aren't any moose.

Do others others feel it is worth getting in touch with LE in Sky's case and/or LE/the medical examiner/the coroner in this doe's case? As I said I don't have a good grasp of the weight I should give to any possible significance of the moose toy.

Yes, especially because Sky didn't have a car and his bank accounts haven't been accessed as far as I understand. This doe does have goodhgood quality and camping equipment with them though so who knows. I know it is a long shot but I just thought it was just possible enough to be worth mentioning here to see what others thought.

I'm not from the US or Canada so I could be reading too much into the moose toy as maybe indicating this doe is Canadian. I don't have a strong sense of whether moose are very associated with Canada, somewhat associated with Canada, or only a little associated with Canada. As a foreigner I immediately thought Canada when I saw the moose—almost like if it had been a bottle of maple syrup or some poutine—but maybe that isn't the case for most Americans and Canadians, I don't know. It stuck out especially because this doe is in Arizona where there aren't any moose.

Do others others feel it is worth getting in touch with LE in Sky's case and/or LE/the medical examiner/the coroner in this doe's case? As I said I don't have a good grasp of the weight I should give to any possible significance of the moose toy.

Hi, I think you should go ahead and send them an email with links to the two cases. No harm in sending it in. They can decide whether to look further.

I don't think I'd give a lot of weight to his little moose buddy, but it's a close enough match as far as dates, height, weight, that he sometimes kept his hair long, had facial hair, and may have traveled to the United States.

Agree it's a long shot, though, and I admit I learned of this case a few minutes ago so haven't read the details yet.
Please let us know if you do send it in. I saw his case on FB and of course his family so badly wants to find him.

This case is a very disturbing one. I grew up in the same hometown. I know that this kid was not into any kind of crime or criminal activity, he didn’t live in the best neighborhood but not many young adults do when they are first living on their own. Therefore it is my opinion that sky had to have been a victim of mistaken identity. Very sad. Perhaps there might still be an eyewitness in the area he went missing that would like to come forward one day.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth
Back