1092 users online (232 members and 860 guests)  


Websleuths News


Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 25
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    3,813

    Singer Neil Young dumps wife of 36 years for actress Darryl Hannah

    Oh, Neil!

    Neil, 68, announced last month that he had filed for divorce after 36 years of marriage. New he's been seen out canoodling with Darryl Hannah, 53. Public displays of affection and all that.
    http://www.nydailynews.com/entertain...icle-1.1936501


    This comment on the situation was made by Young's longtime friend, the outspoken David Crosby:

    "And I happen to know that heís hanging out with somebody thatís a purely poisonous predator now. And thatís karma. Heís gonna get hurt. But I understand why it happened. Iím just sad about it. Iím always sad when I see love get tossed in the gutter.Ē

    Read More: David Crosby Says Neil Young Left His Wife for a 'Purely Poisonous Predator' | http://ultimateclassicrock.com/david...ckback=tsmclip

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    30,165
    Will make for a good set with the Horse when it all comes crumbling down, though. Art's creative impetus's always been messy.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    3,813
    Sorry I do not know how to correct the typo in the subject line. Anyone here know how to edit that line?

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    9,264
    I think u edit the post and then click on advanced....hopefully that works. Haven't done it in a while & can't remember for sure!

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    3,468
    Neil Young is a fabulous songwriter. I'm a huge fan of his music.

    Neil and Pegi have two sons that both have cerebral palsy. One of them, Zeke, IIRC, has it severely and cannot communicate. Their daughter has epilepsy like her daddy. Daryl Hannah is autistic and possesses a rap sheet for her numerous arrests for participation in protests.

    I would say that Pegi is the winner here; even though, she has bowed out of the Farm Aid concert this year. Rejection and betrayal are the most difficult emotions to process. I wish her well.


  6. #6
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Anaheim, CA
    Posts
    13,696
    Quote Originally Posted by DeDee View Post
    Neil Young is a fabulous songwriter. I'm a huge fan of his music.

    Neil and Pegi have two sons that both have cerebral palsy. One of them, Zeke, IIRC, has it severely and cannot communicate. Their daughter has epilepsy like her daddy. Daryl Hannah is autistic and possesses a rap sheet for her numerous arrests for participation in protests.

    I would say that Pegi is the winner here; even though, she has bowed out of the Farm Aid concert this year. Rejection and betrayal are the most difficult emotions to process. I wish her well.

    Being arrested for protests (she protests environmental issues), does not make a person bad, at all. And what does Having autism have to do with being a predatory person?

    What makes me feel she may be a bad person is the statement of Mr. Young's friend, the fact that she's publicly all over a man who just separated from his wife, sort of rubbing her nose in it, and the fact that she may have been part of the reason for the destruction of a marriage of several decades.
    For Elizabeth, a minor child, a victim. Thank God she is home!

    *Gitana (means "Gypsy girl"). Pronounced "hee tah nah."

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    3,813
    "They've been dating for months," a source tells PEOPLE, adding that Young's marriage had recently been troubled. "They've taken no effort to even hide it. He recorded a new album a few weeks ago, and she was on Skype the entire time, giving him feedback on every take. He even told people in the studio she was his 'girlfriend.' "

    The music industry was rocked when it learned Young and his wife were splitting. The couple had been together for so long and through so much, including recording, touring and raising a son with cerebral palsy – which inspired their popular annual Bridge School Benefit concerts.

    http://www.people.com/article/daryl-...ing-neil-young

    -----------------

    Yeah, I'll bet it was.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Anaheim, CA
    Posts
    13,696
    Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysShocked View Post
    "They've been dating for months," a source tells PEOPLE, adding thatYoung's marriage had recently been troubled. "They've taken no effort to even hide it. He recorded a new album a few weeks ago, and she was on Skype the entire time, giving him feedback on every take. He even told people in the studio she was his 'girlfriend.' "

    The music industry was rocked when it learned Young and his wife were splitting. The couple had been together for so long and through so much, including recording, touring and raising a son with cerebral palsy – which inspired their popular annual Bridge School Benefit concerts.

    http://www.people.com/article/daryl-...ing-neil-young

    -----------------

    Yeah, I'll bet it was.
    BBM.

    Ick.
    For Elizabeth, a minor child, a victim. Thank God she is home!

    *Gitana (means "Gypsy girl"). Pronounced "hee tah nah."

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    3,468
    Quote Originally Posted by gitana1 View Post
    Being arrested for protests (she protests environmental issues), does not make a person bad, at all. And what does Having autism have to do with being a predatory person?

    What makes me feel she may be a bad person is the statement of Mr. Young's friend, the fact that she's publicly all over a man who just separated from his wife, sort of rubbing her nose in it, and the fact that she may have been part of the reason for the destruction of a marriage of several decades.
    Respectfully, I beg to differ. Anyone who is arrested by LEO is because they are disobeying the law. Therefore, she is a law breaker. I understand Miss Hannah's concern for environmental issues. It appears that Neil Young shares similar environmental values.

    I never stated that Daryl Hannah was a bad person. In fact, Miss Hannah grows her own food, generates her own energy from wind and solar. Mr. Young is opposed to the Keystone XL pipeline, which, in turn, makes the U.S. resort to continuing the practice of purchasing oil from OPEC.

    Additionally, I never mentioned a "predatory person". I mentioned the illnesses that plaque Neil, and his children, and Miss Hannah's autism. However, I do believe that autism makes Miss Hannah obsessive or, in the least, she becomes fixated on certain objects. It is interesting, imho, that DH announced her autism in late Sept. following the trip to Canada with Neil.

    The couple were together upon arrival in Aug./Sept. 2013 at Fort McMurray in Alberta, Canada to film a documentary that focuses on clean energy. They were together again in April 2014 to protest in D.C.


    http://www.vancouverobserver.com/new...est-washington

    http://www.upi.com/Science_News/2014...7841398529714/

    http://aptn.ca/news/2013/12/09/neil-...fort-mcmurray/

    http://www.forbes.com/sites/emilywil...utistic-woman/

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    The Swamp
    Posts
    7,135
    I think he is disgusting. Didn't he dump a wife because their child had disabilities and he could not deal with it. If I am wrong, I am sorry.


  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Houstonia
    Posts
    603
    I really love Neil Young and all he does for children with disabilities.

    And if he betrayed his wife, then I say shame on him. Not cool.

    But only the two of them know what comprised that marriage and what precipitated its end.

    For me, it is tempting to hate a man for leaving his wife because of my own personal betrayal and divorce, but sometimes marriages end with agreement from both spouses.

    But Darryl Hannah is icky to me. No specific reason, just don't care for her.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Houstonia
    Posts
    603
    Quote Originally Posted by Kensie View Post
    I think he is disgusting. Didn't he dump a wife because their child had disabilities and he could not deal with it. If I am wrong, I am sorry.
    All of his children have disabilities and he is very active is awareness for children with disabilities. His son with Carrie Snodgress had a brain aneurysm, but AFAIK, that was not the reason for the end of their relationship.

    He also had a son with CP and a daughter with epilepsy, which NY also has, with his soon-to-be ex wife.

    They were married 36 years, so IMO it is a stretch to say he bailed because he couldn't deal.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Houstonia
    Posts
    603
    Quote Originally Posted by DeDee View Post
    Respectfully, I beg to differ. Anyone who is arrested by LEO is because they are disobeying the law. Therefore, she is a law breaker. I understand Miss Hannah's concern for environmental issues. It appears that Neil Young shares similar environmental values.

    I never stated that Daryl Hannah was a bad person. In fact, Miss Hannah grows her own food, generates her own energy from wind and solar. Mr. Young is opposed to the Keystone XL pipeline, which, in turn, makes the U.S. resort to continuing the practice of purchasing oil from OPEC.

    Additionally, I never mentioned a "predatory person". I mentioned the illnesses that plaque Neil, and his children, and Miss Hannah's autism. However, I do believe that autism makes Miss Hannah obsessive or, in the least, she becomes fixated on certain objects. It is interesting, imho, that DH announced her autism in late Sept. following the trip to Canada with Neil.

    The couple were together upon arrival in Aug./Sept. 2013 at Fort McMurray in Alberta, Canada to film a documentary that focuses on clean energy. They were together again in April 2014 to protest in D.C.


    http://www.vancouverobserver.com/new...est-washington

    http://www.upi.com/Science_News/2014...7841398529714/

    http://aptn.ca/news/2013/12/09/neil-...fort-mcmurray/

    http://www.forbes.com/sites/emilywil...utistic-woman/
    Wow. Do you know anything about Aspergers, autism or any other learning disabilities? SMH.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Houstonia
    Posts
    603
    Quote Originally Posted by gitana1 View Post
    Being arrested for protests (she protests environmental issues), does not make a person bad, at all. And what does Having autism have to do with being a predatory person?

    What makes me feel she may be a bad person is the statement of Mr. Young's friend, the fact that she's publicly all over a man who just separated from his wife, sort of rubbing her nose in it, and the fact that she may have been part of the reason for the destruction of a marriage of several decades.
    I see your point, but in the end, if infidelity was the reason, and we don't know for a fact that it is, NY is the one who cheated, not DH.

    I agree she is weird and icky. But nobody can break up a happy marriage.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    10,170
    she should've left him years ago IMO

    he should go to rehab and stay there

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 13
    Last Post: 08-31-2015, 02:32 PM
  2. Polly Bergen, actress/singer, dies at 84
    By BetteDavisEyes in forum Celebrity and Entertainment News
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-21-2014, 01:25 PM
  3. Neil Young files for divorce after 36 years of marriage
    By zwiebel in forum Celebrity and Entertainment News
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-01-2014, 08:31 PM