1469 users online (330 members and 1139 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

Canada - Crystal Ratvay, Abbotsford BC, 9 Sept 2014

Abbotsford police want help in finding missing woman ...

Crystal Ratvay

Last seen around noon on Tuesday, September 9, 2014.

Crystal is 33 yo, 5'3", 115 lbs, slim build, blue eyes, long blonde hair; wearing black pants, black shirt and running shoes.

She left home in her green 4 door 1997 Dodge Neon, plate # 004 NRL.

Above article does not contain LE contact info, but it is found here:

http://webcache.googleusercontent.co...&ct=clnk&gl=ca

There has been no contact with friends or family since she left and there has been no social media activity either. This is very out of character for Crystal. The Abbotsford Police Department is diligently working to locate her and would appreciate any assistance the public and media can provide. Anyone with information about Crystal RATVAY or her vehicle should call the Abbotsford Police Department at 604-859-5225 or text APD at 222973 (abbypd).

Crystal has a fairly extensive online presence (Wayn.com and Model Mayhem to name a couple). Other articles include:

from the Stanley Cup riot in Vancouver:
    http://www.abbynews.com/news/124981624.html

New vehicle for riot victim, thanks to donors ...

Ratvay said she is “blessed and thankful” for the support. She said she can now focus on her business studies without the added burden of transportation problems, and can more easily attend medical appointments for issues related to a serious car accident six years ago.

“Words can only say so much, but my heart is filled with so much love and appreciation to all those who have supported me and helped me during this tough time,” Ratvay said.
    <bbm>

For such a young lady, Crystal has had more than her share of bad luck

We need to help find her !!

LadyL is offline Sleuthing for Lonzie Barton & All Victims.
    sillybilly, can you link her social media? I'm not finding any

Car seems more turquoise than green. On the global FB page linked above, her mom Sherrie says Crystal is depressed due to chronic pain.

Quote Originally Posted by LadyL View Post
    sillybilly, can you link her social media? I'm not finding any
    Haven't found a FB for her yet (which could mean she never had one, or a sign that she has deleted it), but:

http://www.modelmayhem.com/2455800

http://www.wayn.com/profiles/Precious+Crystal

ETA: I kind of mis-spoke re "extensive online presence" ... other than the 2 above, most of it is MSM articles related to the vehicle provided her as a result of the Stanley Cup fiasco.

http://www.theprovince.com/news/fras...010/story.html

Family of missing Abbotsford woman issues public plea ...

Police are calling the disappearance “very out of character” for Ratvay. She has not been in contact with her friends or family and there have been no social media updates.
    <bbm>

I found a Crystal M**** (no last name) on her brother's FB, and think it might be her. A bit ominous in its lack of information but maybe she was private after her notoriety re the Stanley Cup vehicle incident. CM has "liked" someone's pic as recently as Sept 2 and commented on other pics in late August.

If CM and Crystal are one and the same ... the pic CM "liked" on Mark B's FB on Sept 2 was wrt a hike that was to take place, Saturday, Sept 6 on a trail at Buntzen Lake. Although the article says Crystal was reported missing Tuesday, Sept 9, I wonder when the last time was that she was actually seen (i.e. could she have gone to the hike on Saturday, something untoward happened, and she wasn't noticed missing until the Monday and report on Tuesday).

From 2007 fwiw...

Six deadly summer spots

...Buntzen Lake is the Bermuda Triangle of the Lower Mainland. Visitors go in, and sometimes they don't come out.

Over the past five years, Coquitlam Search and Rescue has saved 30 to 40 lost hikers from the park. If not for the help, many could have died.

Search manager Dwight Yochim said when most people get lost, they tend to follow "the course of least resistance." That usually means following a creek downstream.

"Those creeks tend to turn into gulleys and those gulleys usually turn into rock bluffs and cliffs and waterfalls. That's where they get stuck."

Yochim said fewer people have been getting lost recently, but a few years ago it was pretty bad.

"We were constantly climbing in our [rescues]," he said. "One year we hit 42."

Last year two hikers, both 21, spent the night in the park after getting lost. They were airlifted out the next day. Rescuers said they were lucky it was a warm night.

The year before, Erik Bezur of North Vancouver drowned in Buntzen Lake while free-diving, a sport that is like scuba-diving without oxygen tanks.

Rescuers weren't sure how he died. Bezur was a competitive swimmer and lifeguard.
    http://www.canada.com/story.html?id=...e-4d84559cdb11

Quote Originally Posted by tarabull View Post

glad you posted that .... as soon as I heard Buntzen Lake I felt my stomach 'sink' .....so many people lost and found there (deceased) over the years.
    Just My Opinion

Nothing really new .. just another article from today.

http://www.ctvnews.ca/canada/missing...riot-1.2010859

Could be that depression is a factor in this case, but with Crystal being victimized in the Stanley Cup riots, I wonder if she was going to be a witness in some of the cases that are yet to come to trial.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/...ticle13368218/

All IMO,

The chronic pain she suffered, I wonder if that lead to narcotic pain addiction? This can cause depression and also cause addicts to search out other means to get high... I am a recovering opiate addict I know first hand what its like to be out or not able to get the script filled again and to go searching for something else, Heroin would be the alternative I would've sought.

Oh dear

Body of Crystal Ratvay found on Sumas Mountain in Abbotsford ....

Const. Ian MacDonald said a citizen spotted Ratvay's car – a 1997 green Plymouth Neon with licence plate 004 NRL – parked off road on Sumas Mountain at about 3:30 p.m.

MacDonald said the vehicle was found on a gravel road located off a paved street in the Dawson Road area.

The citizen immediately called police, who arrived on scene and found Ratvay deceased inside.

MacDonald said there was no indication of foul play, and police will continue working with the BC Coroners Service to determine the exact cause of death. ...
    Very sincere condolences to her family and friends .. all who loved this young lady.

Rest in Peace, Crystal

Last edited by sillybilly; 09-18-2014 at 03:33 PM.

Abbotsford woman reported missing found dead on Sumas Mountain

Read more: http://www.vancouversun.com/news/Abb...#ixzz3DhaGYF00
    No temptation has overtaken you except what is common to mankind. And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can endure it. - 1 Corinthians 10:13 (NIV)

We are all one poor choice from being a subject on this forum. Think twice.

Crystal touched many lives; young & not so young. She loved the outdoors. With all that she gave in her short life, I am saddened of the struggles she endured.
    Rest in peace pretty lady.