1271 users online (259 members and 1012 guests)  


Websleuths News


Page 1 of 65 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 964
  1. #1
    Blue_Dolphin308's Avatar
    Blue_Dolphin308 is offline We can't help everyone, But everyone can help someone!
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Allentown PA
    Posts
    3,397

    MO - Grief & protests follow shooting of teen Michael Brown #19

    The fatal shooting of an unarmed black teenager Saturday by a police officer in a St. Louis suburb came after a struggle for the officer’s gun, police officials said Sunday, in an explanation that met with outrage and skepticism in the largely African-American community.The killing of the youth, Michael Brown, 18, ignited protests on Saturday and Sunday in Ferguson, Mo., a working-class suburb of about 20,000 residents. Hundreds of people gathered at the scene of the shooting to question the police and to light candles for Mr. Brown, who was planning to begin college classes on Monday.
    Mr. Brown’s stepfather, Louis Head, held a cardboard sign that said, “Ferguson police just executed my unarmed son.”

    http://www.nytimes.com/2014/08/11/us...e-for-gun.html


    http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...1#post10861113

    http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...5#post10867195

    Media Thread


    Thread #1

    Thread #2

    Thread #3

    Thread #4

    Thread #5

    Thread #6

    Thread #7

    Thread #8

    Thread #9

    Thread #10

    Thread #11

    Thread #12

    Thread #13

    Thread #14

    Thread #15

    Thread #16

    Thread #17

    Thread #18
    Last edited by LambChop; 09-14-2014 at 09:24 PM.
    Be Kind to yourself, you are worth it!

  2. #2


    A couple of things:

    1) We are not going to allow links to blogs in this case without prior approval. And approvals will be tough to get.

    2) Posts directed at other posters rather than the case will earn a TO without explanation. If you have a problem with another member, use the alert feature and scroll on by OR use the ignore feature and keep it to yourself

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    CT/NC
    Posts
    21,160

    Grief & protests follow shooting of teen Michael Brown #19

    Please continue posting here.....


  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    3,599
    Quote Originally Posted by reedus23
    And thus the reason an indictment should be handed down and a jury given the responsibility of interpreting what they describe.
    Ahem.... you're forgetting one tiny little but very important fact: a jury gets to interpret only if the GJ determines that there is probably cause to indict and returns true bill. I hope you're not suggesting that the GJ should be disbanded and OW arrested and charged without an indictment!

    The fact is, not a single one of the alleged witnesses is an expert in the legal justification for self-defense, or the very real dangers facing police officers, or the duties, right and obligations of police officers. They do not get to decide whether or not OW had a legally justifiable reason to shoot MB, and they are not qualified to determine if MB was a threat to OW, or whether MB was surrendering to OW or charging OW. The best thing they could do, as witnesses, would be to drop the politically charged interpretations of what they saw, and simply report what they saw.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    3,982
    Originally Posted by reedus23
    And thus the reason an indictment should be handed down and a jury given the responsibility of interpreting what they describe.

    Quote Originally Posted by sonjay View Post
    Ahem.... you're forgetting one tiny little but very important fact: a jury gets to interpret only if the GJ determines that there is probably cause to indict and returns true bill. I hope you're not suggesting that the GJ should be disbanded and OW arrested and charged without an indictment!

    The fact is, not a single one of the alleged witnesses is an expert in the legal justification for self-defense, or the very real dangers facing police officers, or the duties, right and obligations of police officers. They do not get to decide whether or not OW had a legally justifiable reason to shoot MB, and they are not qualified to determine if MB was a threat to OW, or whether MB was surrendering to OW or charging OW. The best thing they could do, as witnesses, would be to drop the politically charged interpretations of what they saw, and simply report what they saw.
    I was about to bring this over as well. You pretty much took the words right out of my mouth. Or put another way, you type faster!

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    3,599
    Quote Originally Posted by Linda7NJ
    IMO they didn't make a mistake, it was a deliberate manipulation.
    I agree, and this isn't the first time CNN has done something like that.

    I find it quite interesting that even though both the construction worker witnesses have said that MB was moving toward MB -- and thus bolstering the self-defense justification -- all the MSM have promo'd that recording with headlines that say that MB was surrendering.

    I'm convinced that if it was revealed tomorrow that OW was wearing a bodycam after all, and it showed MB turning, putting his hands up, then lowering his arms and charging... the MSM would edit out the charging part and announce that OW's bodycam revealed that MB really was surrendering. That's how absurd this case has gotten.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    State of Disbelief. SC
    Posts
    12,075
    Quote Originally Posted by bettybaby00 View Post
    I was about to bring this over as well. You pretty much took the words right out of my mouth. Or put another way, you type faster!
    ITA. We have a GJ for a reason. Let them do their job.
    Say what you mean, mean what you say, but don't say it mean.
    We are all just trying to make sense of an unimaginable crime.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    2,263
    Say what you will about some of the political blogs, but some of them really do some groundbreaking research and can uncover some pretty interesting information. Funny how accurate some of our most "non-MSM" sources have been ,i.e. Josie, the radio station, etc...I think there is a LOT of information floating around out there that can easily be gotten and reported...and I said it a couple of weeks ago...why would a reporter need a court order to find the juvenile records of someone? Just do what you're paid to do - get out there and find the story. Find the PEOPLE....
    Everything I post without a supporting link is always JMO.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    5,495
    Quote Originally Posted by sonjay View Post
    Ahem.... you're forgetting one tiny little but very important fact: a jury gets to interpret only if the GJ determines that there is probably cause to indict and returns true bill. I hope you're not suggesting that the GJ should be disbanded and OW arrested and charged without an indictment!

    The fact is, not a single one of the alleged witnesses is an expert in the legal justification for self-defense, or the very real dangers facing police officers, or the duties, right and obligations of police officers. They do not get to decide whether or not OW had a legally justifiable reason to shoot MB, and they are not qualified to determine if MB was a threat to OW, or whether MB was surrendering to OW or charging OW. The best thing they could do, as witnesses, would be to drop the politically charged interpretations of what they saw, and simply report what they saw.
    Meh. The witnesses are what they are. I am sure if their interpretations favored OW, some wouldn't mind the politically charged interpretations.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    5,495
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDuchess View Post
    Say what you will about some of the political blogs, but some of them really do some groundbreaking research and can uncover some pretty interesting information. Funny how accurate some of our most "non-MSM" sources have been ,i.e. Josie, the radio station, etc...I think there is a LOT of information floating around out there that can easily be gotten and reported...and I said it a couple of weeks ago...why would a reporter need a court order to find the juvenile records of someone? Just do what you're paid to do - get out there and find the story. Find the PEOPLE....
    And some of them like the playhouse and than johnsonite are just plain silly. And the comments on them are even worse. How in the world do you know if Josie is right?


  11. #11
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    3,982
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDuchess View Post
    Say what you will about some of the political blogs, but some of them really do some groundbreaking research and can uncover some pretty interesting information. Funny how accurate some of our most "non-MSM" sources have been ,i.e. Josie, the radio station, etc...I think there is a LOT of information floating around out there that can easily be gotten and reported...and I said it a couple of weeks ago...why would a reporter need a court order to find the juvenile records of someone? Just do what you're paid to do - get out there and find the story. Find the PEOPLE....
    That was the mindset on the blog. And if CJ or the StLD really wants to find those people they will. CJ especially states he got the info from someone in LE, and if that is really true, them they can be found.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    5,495
    Quote Originally Posted by bettybaby00 View Post
    That was the mindset on the blog. And if CJ or the StLD really wants to find those people they will. CJ especially states he got the info from someone in LE, and if that is really true, them they can be found.
    I agree with this. I've always wondered/though...even if juvenile records in and of themselves aren't admissible, would the testimony of those involved in prior incidents? The records are sealed but that doesn't mean the incidents themselves are. JMO.

    ETA - And also why I said CJ should name his sources and have them own their statements that MB was involved in a 2nd degree murder.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    46,779
    Quote Originally Posted by reedus23 View Post
    And some of them like the playhouse and than johnsonite are just plain silly. And the comments on them are even worse. How in the world do you know if Josie is right?
    She may not be completely accurate. But if she was way off, I think the chief would have commented already. Or the officers attorney. Also, I think she might have been asked to go on the air, and 'leak' his story, so people would have some idea of his side of the story. jmo
    “Every day that they don’t find something is good for me.“ Billie Dunn

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    4,053
    Quote Originally Posted by sonjay View Post
    I agree, and this isn't the first time CNN has done something like that.

    I find it quite interesting that even though both the construction worker witnesses have said that MB was moving toward MB -- and thus bolstering the self-defense justification -- all the MSM have promo'd that recording with headlines that say that MB was surrendering.

    I'm convinced that if it was revealed tomorrow that OW was wearing a bodycam after all, and it showed MB turning, putting his hands up, then lowering his arms and charging... the MSM would edit out the charging part and announce that OW's bodycam revealed that MB really was surrendering.
    That's how absurd this case has gotten.
    Me too! I'm still not over my hissy fit about it.



    Sent via Tapatalk for S4
    Always JMO, FWIW, YMMV...

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    4,053
    Quote Originally Posted by katydid23 View Post
    She may not be completely accurate. But if she was way off, I think the chief would have commented already. Or the officers attorney. Also, I think she might have been asked to go on the air, and 'leak' his story, so people would have some idea of his side of the story. jmo
    Plus there is this, by CNN, no less:


    A source with detailed knowledge of the investigation later told CNN the caller's ["Josie's"] account is "accurate," in that it matches what Wilson has told investigators.

    http://www.cnn.com/2014/08/18/us/mis...ing/?c=&page=0



    Sent via Tapatalk for S4
    Always JMO, FWIW, YMMV...

Page 1 of 65 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. MO - Grief & protests follow shooting of teen Michael Brown #18
    By Blue_Dolphin308 in forum Crimes in the News
    Replies: 936
    Last Post: 09-14-2014, 11:10 PM
  2. MO - Grief & protests follow shooting of teen Michael Brown #17
    By Blue_Dolphin308 in forum Crimes in the News
    Replies: 1203
    Last Post: 09-11-2014, 06:59 PM
  3. MO - Grief & protests follow shooting of teen Michael Brown #16
    By Blue_Dolphin308 in forum Crimes in the News
    Replies: 1277
    Last Post: 09-09-2014, 11:03 PM
  4. MO - Grief & protests follow shooting of teen Michael Brown #15
    By Blue_Dolphin308 in forum Crimes in the News
    Replies: 1040
    Last Post: 09-06-2014, 06:28 PM
  5. MO - Grief & protests follow shooting of teen Michael Brown #4
    By Blue_Dolphin308 in forum Crimes in the News
    Replies: 1172
    Last Post: 08-18-2014, 10:12 PM