846 users online (174 members and 672 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ClaireNC View Post
    I thought the fire images on the son' FB page were eery, since his father was arrested for arson in 2005.

Also, there was a man named Ronald Leckenby in the UK that was murdered by his son.
    In the interest of clarity of facts, the arson arrest was in 2001. The conviction was appealed in 2005, so I think that is where the confusion came from. Since it's already been brought up, I'm posting the documents from the appeal. It sounds more like a REALLY stupid night of drinking gone awry than a real arson attempt, but that's just me. http://www.publications.ojd.state.or...cs/A118119.htm
    Unless I've provided a link, most of what I say is my own opinion. Sometimes, I'm thinking out loud and may explore avenues I don't necessarily think are true, but I'm always aware I could be wrong, so I check other stuff out.

In those 2 arrest reports, the age doesn't match in the first one. Are you sure its the same guy?

Quote Originally Posted by ORSleuth View Post
    He is a career car sales man.

He wouldn't have worn a suit as casual wear. He wore jeans or kakis with a button up shirt.

His mother dying was traumatic I'm sure but Ron has a great group of friends who are very supportive to each other. Talking to his close friends, Ron had no plans of disappearing. He isn't depressed or suicidal.
    Welcome ORSleuth! It sounds like you know him?
    Please be aware that what I type is my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by necco View Post
    In the interest of clarity of facts, the arson arrest was in 2001. The conviction was appealed in 2005, so I think that is where the confusion came from. Since it's already been brought up, I'm posting the documents from the appeal. It sounds more like a REALLY stupid night of drinking gone awry than a real arson attempt, but that's just me. http://www.publications.ojd.state.or...cs/A118119.htm
    Thanks Necco! I agree that it sounds like just a stupid night of drinking. I was really just putting out there some things that I felt were odd coincidences.

No sign of him during the search of the park: http://www.oregonlive.com/aloha/inde...falls_sta.html

Just. So. Strange.
    Unless I've provided a link, most of what I say is my own opinion. Sometimes, I'm thinking out loud and may explore avenues I don't necessarily think are true, but I'm always aware I could be wrong, so I check other stuff out.

Quote Originally Posted by ClaireNC View Post
    No sign of him during the search of the park: http://www.oregonlive.com/aloha/inde...falls_sta.html
    Snipped...
    ...Investigators are forensically analyzing the navigation system on the vehicle and are looking at phone records.

When was he arrested for the sexual assaults?
    IMO

I very briefly dated Pearce a couple years ago while his father was still in jail at the time and he never spoke very highly of him. <modsnip>
    Last edited by Kimster; 09-17-2014 at 03:16 PM. Reason: please do not discuss people who are not named suspects. Thanks!

Welcome Palikane!

I noticed on his FB he doesn't seem worried about his father missing. He posts alot of "out there" stuff,nothing about missing his father or anything. To me it seems a little strange.

Welcome Palikane! Glad you decided to join us. Something certainly seems "off" with this story.

...Investigators are forensically analyzing the navigation system on the vehicle and are looking at phone records.
    thanks tarabull for the quote...

Im glad to see the Police are re-checking everything.
    And the suit? Im not thinking National Park - sounds like a diversion to me - Im thinking airport, if it was a deliberate disappearance.
    If not, Im still thinking it would be anywhere opposite that has been stated as where he got out of the car.

I hope LE have checked all the petrol station CCTV footage.

And why were dealership plates being used?
    Was there a change of cars somewhere along the way, and a switch of plates?

This case is weird.

Quote Originally Posted by FigTree View Post
    thanks tarabull for the quote...

Im glad to see the Police are re-checking everything.
    And the suit? Im not thinking National Park - sounds like a diversion to me - Im thinking airport, if it was a deliberate disappearance.
    If not, Im still thinking it would be anywhere opposite that has been stated as where he got out of the car.

I hope LE have checked all the petrol station CCTV footage.

And why were dealership plates being used?
    Was there a change of cars somewhere along the way, and a switch of plates?

This case is weird.
    The reason for the suit and the dealer plates is because he is a car salesman. One of the articles mentioned that he did not show up for work that day. Yes, this is a weird one.

I think if this man purposefully ran away (i.e. to avoid legal matters) and was assisted by his son, it makes perfect sense that the son has not seemed concerned on FB.

IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by chinacat67 View Post
    *He was wearing a brown suit at the time of his disappearance.

My tablet won't let me quote right, but that line was reported by the first link in the first post of this thread. Are you saying it's incorrect? That happens so often and drives me nuts because it's crucial info! TIA for clarifying. Also, apologies if I missed but are you a friend or family? Thanks!!
    No I am saying that is not his casual wear. There is something wrong with this whole situation. Ron didn't disappear on his own. I've been told his son is being shifty. He won't tell Ron's friends what really happened. Everyone around this case knows something is wrong.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast