1172 users online (221 members and 951 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    los2188 is offline North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!

NJ - Brandi Hartley, 23, Camden, 15 September 2014

Brandi Hartley

Pittsgrove woman Brandi Hartley reported missing in Camden
    A Pittsgrove woman was reported missing on Monday in Camden and authorities are asking for the public's help in locating her. Brandi Hartley, 23, is described as a white female, 5 feet tall, 100 pounds, with black hair and blue eyes. She was last seen wearing a gray tank top, blue shorts and flip flops. She has never been reported missing before.
    http://www.nj.com/salem/index.ssf/20...in_camden.html
    Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

"When from a long distant past nothing persists, after the people are dead, after things are broken and scattered, still alone, more persistent, more faithful, the smell and taste of things remain poised a long, long time like souls, ready to remind us, waiting, hoping for their moment amid the ruins of all the rest, and bear unfaltering in the tiny and almost impalpable drop of their essence the vast structure of recollection."

Troubling that another woman went missing from Camden recently as well, although they are different in terms of age. http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...n-14-Sept-2014

This is her facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/brandi.hartley

Weird coincidence that in July she was posting about spreading the word about another missing girl whose brother she's friends with. Am trying to find out if his sister was ever located. edited to update: the 14 year old girl was located some days later near a hospital and was brought in as a patient. From photos it looks like she was recovering well.

There's been nothing about this on the local news and I listen to it every day. They reported on the missing UVA student, but not this girl.

Beautiful girl.

There's nothing on where she was seen last? Usually the same media outlet does a follow up when more is known. Did she work, go to school, have a boyfriend, a car???

It appears from her social media contacts that she has friends of both sexes who are in various stages of rehab or have struggled with addictions in the past. It also seems like a couple of friends who care enough to try to get the word out that she's missing on their facebook pages work at least tangentially in the sex industry. I'm gleaning that they are hoping that she's disappeared of her own free will and will resurface eventually. Maybe that's why there hasn't been a bigger media blitz?

Quote Originally Posted by sophiebelle View Post
    There's nothing on where she was seen last? Usually the same media outlet does a follow up when more is known. Did she work, go to school, have a boyfriend, a car???
    Regarding the follow-ups in the media: there are a few local papers that all come under the nj.com umbrella. If the byline next to the author's name on the post on nj.com says anything other than "The Star Ledger" there will probably be no follow-up until or if a new release from the police or the family is given to them. The local papers (Jersey Journal, etc.) mostly act as stenographers and rarely if ever take it upon themselves to follow up on the stories they publish. The Star Ledger at least has (had? They laid off a bunch of staff not that long ago) real investigative journalists and assign those reporters projects, the smaller offshoots don't.

Quote Originally Posted by marble View Post
    Regarding the follow-ups in the media: there are a few local papers that all come under the nj.com umbrella. If the byline next to the author's name on the post on nj.com says anything other than "The Star Ledger" there will probably be no follow-up until or if a new release from the police or the family is given to them. The local papers (Jersey Journal, etc.) mostly act as stenographers and rarely if ever take it upon themselves to follow up on the stories they publish. The Star Ledger at least has (had? They laid off a bunch of staff not that long ago) real investigative journalists and assign those reporters projects, the smaller offshoots don't.
    Well it's a shame since it appears she's never been missing. Many times I wonder how much the family knows, they don't want to tell, but they still need help. I hope some of her friends do try to help! Thanks for the info.

Me too, there's been way too many times in recent history in the greater NYC metro area that young women have gone missing but were assumed to have left on purpose because of any struggles they may have been having and it usually doesn't turn out well. I hope the people who care about her are able to push hard enough to get her details out to the wider public and maybe put some pressure on any authorities who may may be in a position to help locate her sooner rather than later. I did see a suggestion in a comment that the police should check a tent city in Camden. I hope they are treating it as a missing person's case until proven otherwise and really following up on suggestions like this and interviewing her friends and family.

For those unfamiliar, Camden is a very rough town.
    Campbell Soup (located there) has done a lot for the community though.
    Last edited by ATasteOfHoney; 09-16-2014 at 08:25 PM.
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    "Look, if any of us wanted to mind our own business, we wouldn't be here" (carbuff 8/11/13)

This post reflects my constitutionally-protected opinion. Please do not copy it anywhere else outside of the WebSleuth forum

Quote Originally Posted by sophiebelle View Post
    I wondered the same thing sophie. Hard to ask the public for help when they don't say where she was last seen, what time, who she was with. Hope she's okay.

Camden is the worst and most dangerous city in the United states.
    I lived and grew up in South jersey and we would never pass thru Camden its dangeroussss.

South Jersey Times
    13 hrs
    Pittsgrove woman Brandi Hartley reported missing in Camden | NJ.com http://ow.ly/ByfNR

https://www.facebook.com/SouthJersey...50731738374154

Wow, Camden really is a scary place! Just a quick glance through Camden County's web page, I counted 7 missing person reports in the past 4 weeks. Also from the post on different links to the story, most people write off those getting lost in that area as addicts fueling a binge. So very sad. Sending prayers for Brandi and her family.

Link to CCPD: http://camdencountypd.org/author/CCPD/
    Last edited by SthrnRaine; 09-17-2014 at 06:08 AM. Reason: Edited to add link

Quote Originally Posted by marble View Post
    When I mentioned not seeing it on the news, I was referring to the Philly news stations, which were reporting on the UVA student, but not this missing girl in their own backyard. Maybe because it's Camden and missing people are a dime a dozen there .

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast