639 users online (77 members and 562 guests)  


The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News


Page 1 of 44 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 647
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    1,695

    AL - Hiawayi Robinson, 8, Prichard, 16 September 2014

    PRICHARD, Ala. (WALA) A Prichard family is pleading for help to find a missing 8-year-old Hawayi Populus Robinson. Family members say Hawayi was last seen around 5 p.m. Tuesday, September 16 at the Saint Stephens Wood Apartments in Prichard.
    The family said Hawayi came home from school, as she always does, to change her clothes and meet up with her father. They said she would never leave without anyone, especially her mother, not knowing her whereabouts.

    http://fox10tv.com/2014/09/17/family...day-afternoon/

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    19,922

    AL - Hawayi Robinson, 8, Prichard, 16 September 2014



    http://fox10tv.com/2014/09/17/family...day-afternoon/

    A Prichard family is pleading for help to find a missing 8-year-old Hawayi Populus Robinson. Family members say Hawayi was last seen around 5 p.m. Tuesday, September 16 at the Saint Stephens Wood Apartments in Prichard...

    She was last seen wearing purple pants, a white shirt and had braids in her hair.

    Neighbors and friends helped search for the little girl into the late hours of the night... Melanie Baldwin with the Prichard Police Department said officers were called to the apartment complex Tuesday night after Hawayi was reported missing.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    1,099
    Aw, a cutie. Pray she is okay.

    I read the news article. I am a little unclear on the sequence of what happened. She got home from school around 5 p.m. and was seen outside the apartment complex but never actually came inside their apartment to change her clothes? Or she changed her clothes and went out without seeing a parent/telling them she was going outside?

    Anybody clear on that?

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    12,541
    9-year old Hiawayi Robinson was last seen around 4:30pm at the St. Stephens Woods Apartment complex.

    Her mother, Yosha Populus, says Hiawayi was going over to her cousin's apartment in the same complex. Hiawayi's dad had called and told her he was headed there.

    But according to Populus, the cousin says Hiawayi never made it there.

    Populus says Hiawayi knows to always be home by dark. When the little girl never showed up, they called Prichard Police and started searching.

    (snip)

    http://www.wkrg.com/story/26553283/9...ng-in-prichard

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    12,541
    10:27 a.m. Update: Prichard police have blocked off a wooded area in the search for Hiawayi Robinson, 8, of Prichard. Prichard Police Chief Michael Rowland says the department responded around 10 p.m. Tuesday night and issued a nationwide search through NCIC, a communication system used by police. Rowland says they also contacted the group Klaas Kids Foundation out of Pensacola to bring in search dogs. Rowland says Robinson was walking to a family member’s home voluntarily; therefore there was no indication that she was abducted. Rowland says that did not meet the qualifications to issue and Amber Alert. Prichard Police have now begun a formal search to eliminate the possibility of Robinson being lost or hurt.

    Read More at: http://www.local15tv.com/shared/news...rd-14571.shtml

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    1,099
    Quote Originally Posted by daisy7 View Post
    9-year old Hiawayi Robinson was last seen around 4:30pm at the St. Stephens Woods Apartment complex.

    Her mother, Yosha Populus, says Hiawayi was going over to her cousin's apartment in the same complex. Hiawayi's dad had called and told her he was headed there.

    But according to Populus, the cousin says Hiawayi never made it there.

    Populus says Hiawayi knows to always be home by dark. When the little girl never showed up, they called Prichard Police and started searching.

    (snip)

    http://www.wkrg.com/story/26553283/9...ng-in-prichard
    Ah, this really helps. Tx. so much...I wonder how far away the cousin's apartment was...hoping some reports come in (from the complex) detailing anyone who saw her and what she was doing -- if seen talking to someone or etc.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    1,099
    Quote Originally Posted by daisy7 View Post
    10:27 a.m. Update: Prichard police have blocked off a wooded area in the search for Hiawayi Robinson, 8, of Prichard. Prichard Police Chief Michael Rowland says the department responded around 10 p.m. Tuesday night and issued a nationwide search through NCIC, a communication system used by police. Rowland says they also contacted the group Klaas Kids Foundation out of Pensacola to bring in search dogs. Rowland says Robinson was walking to a family member’s home voluntarily; therefore there was no indication that she was abducted. Rowland says that did not meet the qualifications to issue and Amber Alert. Prichard Police have now begun a formal search to eliminate the possibility of Robinson being lost or hurt.

    Read More at: http://www.local15tv.com/shared/news...rd-14571.shtml
    Did not realize that about Amber Alert. She's 8, so even if she "voluntarily" walked to someone's house/apartment, it is obviously very concerning that she didn't arrive there! What 8-year-old little girl is going to "voluntarily" stay out after dark and be on their own? Maybe it happens, but it seems the most unlikely possibility, IMHO. And plus, from her Mom's own words, sounds like she is as responsible as an 8-year-old can be. If that is how Amber Alert is written as law (and not blaming LE on that), I understand, but just sayin' it seems unreasonable to think she has gone off the grid on purpose...

    Poor girl...so glad they are getting these searches going quickly!

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    1,428
    What a pretty girl, hoping she's safe.
    Was she last seen at 5pm but not reported missing until 10pm? If she was meeting her dad there, you would think he would have been concerned when she didn't arrive. Unless he didn't get there until late of course.

    Wonder how far away her cousins live.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    1,118
    I grew up in Mobile. Prichard was considered a very high crime area at that time (years ago). I hope it has changed but from my trips back to see my 93 year old Dad and my friends who are still there, there has been a little improvement but still pretty crime riddled. Also, the proximity to major water scares me for this cutie-pie.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    4,550
    Ugh this is reminding me of that case a few years ago (PA or NJ?) where the little girl went missing in her apartment complex and it was a janitor/maintenance man . Sorry, can't remember the name of that little girl, just know it was a local (to me) story.


  11. #11
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Lost in the desert
    Posts
    2,444
    I wish people didn't give these little one's so much freedom. My 10 year old daughter and 9 year old son try to talk me into letting them walk to the park without me that is one block over from my home, um no crazy children, we are to trusting sometimes with our little ones.
    Don't mind the misspellings.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    1,099
    Quote Originally Posted by Davia18 View Post
    I wish people didn't give these little one's so much freedom. My 10 year old daughter and 9 year old son try to talk me into letting them walk to the park without me that is one block over from my home, um no crazy children, we are to trusting sometimes with our little ones.
    Well, overprotective parent here , so I hear ya.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    19,922
    Reminds me of Janaya Thompson, who vanished from an apartment complex in Gulfport back in July. I hope Hawayi's story has a happier ending.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    1,099
    Quote Originally Posted by lillybell View Post
    What a pretty girl, hoping she's safe.
    Was she last seen at 5pm but not reported missing until 10pm? If she was meeting her dad there, you would think he would have been concerned when she didn't arrive. Unless he didn't get there until late of course.

    Wonder how far away her cousins live.

    Post #4 -- cousin's apartment/same complex...and as for the other question, don't understand that either. But Post #4 also mentions about mother saying she knows to be home by "dark," so...well, it's just very concerning.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    19,922
    http://www.al.com/news/mobile/index....nty_deput.html

    Behind the CVS pharmacy next to the apartment complex Prichard police officers put up crime scene tape to create a private area for search teams to work from, said Interim Prichard Police Chief Michael Rowland.

    Police, Mobile County sheriff's deputies and trained volunteers with the non-profit Klaas Kids Foundation planned to scour the heavily wooded area surrounding the complex. Cars headed into the apartments were stopped as authorities worked to secure the scene.

    "The area around the complex is... heavily overgrown with vegetation and we need professional searchers to go through this area and see if they could determine if the child may be in that area," Rowland said.

Page 1 of 44 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-20-2016, 03:50 PM
  2. Australia Australia - Kim Robinson, 60, Mildura, Vic, 25 July 2014
    By marlywings in forum 2010's Missing
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-12-2015, 10:29 PM
  3. Found Deceased AL - Timothy Williams, 20, Prichard, 16 Dec 2014
    By KateB in forum Located Persons Discussion
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-28-2014, 05:32 AM
  4. GA GA - Aniya Robinson, 13, Riverdale, 23 Jan 2014
    By los2188 in forum 2010's Missing
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-31-2014, 05:37 PM

Tags for this Thread