1083 users online (237 members and 846 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    See follow up article 3/7/15 Investigative Journalist Bryan Littlely..."S.A. paedophile found running Asian orphanage". This targets Mr. X. and has gained National Media coverage. There are people that can help resolve these cold cases (missing children) and we expect S.A.P.O.L. and Aust. Federal Police to round them up.

The more I think about it, the more likely it is that the abductor had an accomplice or accomplices. If it was only one person by themselves, they would find it harder to control two victims who could easily escape. Kirste and Joanne were probably forced into a windowless van or something like it.

Paedophile were already well organised and networking together as far back as the 60's. That's before the Internet and mobile phones. If lucky enough to have a phone, it was a fixed landline with your name, address and phone number listed for all to see. Your phone number only changed if you moved house and out of that area / Exchange zone. It wasn't much different by 1973 that I recall. So paedophiles wanting to share their perverse interests had to physically meet, gather together to share and exchange material / victims. So they knew each other personally. When these 2 girls disappeared some would have held suspicions towards associates surely. Same applies to 1966 abductions. Not all paedophiles are murderers obviously, and I doubt they'd want their secret activities put under the spotlight either.

Re- the windowless van suggestion. It's stated in reports that Mr. Hart was a part-time butcher, so it's possible he used a vehicle suited to that purpose. I don't know how strict regulations were back then, but you'd expect a butchers van to be refrigerated. If it's a part-time business, perhaps not totally legitimate, licenced etc.. You wouldn't be throwing sides of beef on the back seat or in the car boot though as they'd spoil, but ice could be used in a van, no windows. Maybe Motor Vehicles Dept. still hold records to check.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Disapp..._Kirste_Gordon

Sadly the newspapers from the time are not digitised as they are still under copyright (and God knows who owns the copyright to The News, Adelaide's old afternoon newspaper).

the book Death Mask by Kathryn Fox - the protagonist character has a little sister who disappeared at an Australian Rules football match. From the description, the little sister is clearly meant to be Kirste Gordon under a different name.

God knows what more pain, fiction authors will give to the Ratcliffe and Gordon families.

paul1980...I'm unfamiliar with the book you raised titled 'Death Mask', however once I searched it appears that the author Kathryn Fox has acclaim and background credibility as a medical physician. The book deals with male sports and tribal mentality. It's a worthy topic that's seldom covered. Nowhere in reviews did I see any reference to what you've mentioned above. Joanne Ratcliffe's sister has been vocal in South Australia's media in the hope to raise awareness and resolve child abduction cold cases. She has a Facebook page. If it is as you say, she's the one you should contact.

Man claims he saw Joanne Ratcliffe and Kirste Gordon loaded into van at a boarding house after their disappearance from Adelaide Oval
    CRAIG COOK SUNDAY MAIL (SA) AUGUST 31, 2013 10:01PM

MAJOR Crimes detectives are investigating claims that Joanne Ratcliffe and Kirste Gordon were loaded into the back of a van at a Prospect boarding house soon after disappearing from Adelaide Oval 40 years ago.

Prospect man Robert McMahon, 73, approached the Sunday Mail during the week claiming he saw the girls at a Vine St boarding house on the day they were supposedly abducted from the 1973 SANFL match between Norwood and North Adelaide.

He said the girls were accompanied by a man known as 'Scotty' with whom he shared the boarding house.

He said Scotty, who claimed the girls were his grandchildren, paraded the pair in front of his housemates before taking them outside and ordering them into a cream-white van parked in a laneway at the back of the boarding house.

Mr McMahon said he was so disturbed by the incident he drew pictures that night of what he claims he saw and wrote a letter detailing what happened at the property on August 25, 1973.

Mr McMahon claims that late on the afternoon of August 25, 1973 he was sitting in his room watching a VFA football match on TV when he "heard a racket" out the back of the house.
    "I went to check and there was one of the borders coming in and he had two children with him," he said.

"He had the little one under his right arm and the other one was ahead of him.

"He walked them around in a circle in front of us (four or five men) laughing and joking.

"He said the kids were his grandchildren but when the older one went to speak he told her to 'shut up' and not say anything.

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/news/s...-1226708311478
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by they'll get you View Post
    Man claims he saw Joanne Ratcliffe and Kirste Gordon loaded into van at a boarding house after their disappearance from Adelaide Oval
    CRAIG COOK SUNDAY MAIL (SA) AUGUST 31, 2013 10:01PM...
    http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/news/s...-1226708311478
    RSBM. Thanks for posting, including quotes and setting the pictures up in such a comparable way.

There are many disturbing elements in that article, startling with--ALL OF IT!

Mr. McMahon was so troubled by the incident that he wrote down the events and drew pictures of the girls, sealed them in an envelope and stored them in a lock box. His two calls to police were ignored. Why not write a letter to the newspaper? Or to the girls' families?

His drawings look remarkably similar to the newspaper clippings. The photo of Mr. McMahon holding the drawings indicates he may have lived a storied life. He seems sincere. Maybe that was an unstable time in his life and his memory is flawed? He could have drawn the girls after he saw their missing pictures in the newspaper.

If this all turns out to be true--shame on the other boarders, absolutely no excuse for silence. Shame on the police. I hope the girls' families can sue the police for inaction (no idea of that's allowed). There's nothing like financial penalty to herald changes.

Adelaide Advertiser 21/8/15 reported by Bryan Liitlely...
    "Child abuse claims span fifty years".
    You can find the full article on PressReader.

The reason so many child abuse victims get attacked for coming forward when it's not a stranger that molested or raped them them is simply because most people trust the familiar. Most people don't want to admit that their trust could be misplaced, or that the familiar could be dangerous.

People that attack child abuse victims exploit their tragedies and enjoy causing the victims additional harm and distress. Such action should be deplored by others, not congratulated. Most find such behaviour inexcusable and unforgivable, and we now have Laws to protect victims from on-line bullying. Those Laws also apply to intimidating witnesses. Lawyers advice to me, was to print off the defamatory statements made by 2 contributors here, which I did. I also tried to defend the accusations made against myself and the Journalist, however this was later removed in support of those defamatory, untrue claims. Copies have been sent off to a group of Adelaide psychologist who are following the case, and copy will also go to 'victim groups' here and Interstate.

Article from last March-a hidden bunker?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...hood-home.html

Parents of Kirste Gordon and sister of Joanne Ratcliffe tell of pain over abduction, presumed murder, on International Missing Childrens Day

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/news/s...473f71a91df8df

In a statement to The Advertiser, Mr Gordon recalled being at a function in the Riverland when he received a frantic call from Kirste’s grandmother, telling him the shocking news.

“As I returned to the table in a dark cloud of gloom, it was obvious to the group that something was very wrong and we immediately set out on the journey back to Adelaide,” Mr Gordon said.

Since then, the Gordon and Ratcliffe families have endured a fruitless search for answers, but maintain hope that one day the key piece of the jigsaw will fall into place.
    Joanne Ratcliffe’s sister Suzie, who was born after the disappearance, said she was heartened that the case was still being highlighted internationally more than four decades later.

“Finding the person who took the girls is pretty much insignificant now; it’s finding the girls’ remains and bringing them home to bury them with the respect they deserve, that’s first and foremost for us,” Ms Ratcliffe said.

“You always hold hope, because if you give up on hope you give up on the chance that one day we will be able to bury the girls with dignity, love and respect.”

The Gordons are very private people so i commend them for this.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast