1190 users online (236 members and 954 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

CT - Vernon, Skeletal remains near middle school, Sep'14 - Name not found

http://www.wfsb.com/story/26568964/n...ound-in-vernon

More information is forthcoming. No mention yet as to gender or age, or whether these are related to the set of remains found off West St. in March of last year...
    Last edited by CarlK90245; 09-29-2014 at 06:29 PM.

This article has a little more info on location:
    http://www.nbcconnecticut.com/news/l...275630451.html

The Middle School is on West St., and these remains were found almost exactly a mile away from those found last March off of the same street. Apparently this latest set does NOT belong to any of the three missing girls, according to this article.

WTH went on in Vernon? It's not that big a town for all these bodies to be turning up!
    Unless I've provided a link, most of what I say is my own opinion. Sometimes, I'm thinking out loud and may explore avenues I don't necessarily think are true, but I'm always aware I could be wrong, so I check other stuff out.

Quote Originally Posted by necco View Post
    WTH went on in Vernon? It's not that big a town for all these bodies to be turning up!
    I thought the same thing. Maybe because it is off the heavily travelled 84?

Yes, that's basically it. Very easy to get to. If I remember correctly, for years it was where the four-lane from Hartford ended. Then there was a long stretch of two-lane road before it turned to four lanes again near the Massachusetts border. It was also, before all the malls were built up, very deserted and rural.
    Opinions expressed are strictly my own (who else would they belong to???)

I was just thinking about how Buckland Hills opened in the early nineties. I was in high school and my friend was the first in our class to get his license. Buckland was always our destination.

Wasn't there a popular roller skating rink in Vernon?

The Mass Pike really isn't too far from Vernon either. What is before the Pike, 290? In any case , those highways are very busy and full of tractor trailers.

I-84 connects directly to the MassPike (I90) in Sturbridge. Yes, traffic of all kinds goes through there at all hours of the day and night. We've been driving that road since 1980 to visit Mr. Carbuff's parents; when we started, it was dark and isolated except for little pockets around the exits. I don't think the welcome center was even there.

I didn't realize Buckland Hills was that old. They've maintained it well.

There weren't any truck stops or travel plazas then between Sturbridge and Hartford, about 40 miles. A few gas stations that catered to truckers. I think one of them was in Vernon but I don't remember exactly where.

Update: Remains of an adult man were found near Vernon Center Middle School in Vernon on Thursday, a mile from where a woman's skull was found a year and a half ago, and police said they have made a tentative identification.

Name won't be released until they locate the man's family.

http://www.nbcconnecticut.com/news/l...275630451.html This is the same article cited in #2, just updated at the website.

Wow! That didn't take long. Sounds like at this point police believe there is no connection to the lady found last year. That's one creepy coincidence though, especially considering the fact that the woman's case has recently been in the local news due to the sketch being released. I wonder if this man is in Namus.

I wonder if his initials are BS (or, technically, WS)
    Unless I've provided a link, most of what I say is my own opinion. Sometimes, I'm thinking out loud and may explore avenues I don't necessarily think are true, but I'm always aware I could be wrong, so I check other stuff out.

I doubt it. WS's next-of-kin would not be hard to locate, and they would not be keeping quiet.

I doubt it also. His mother has been openly searching for him, and was very vocal advocate in favor of Namus before it was a reality. If it was him we would know by now.

Yeah, a girl can dream though.

According to Charley Project, John Lecza has been located deceased. Could this be him?

http://www.charleyproject.org/resolved.html

Lecza's Namus profile gets a permission error, so clearly he's been identified.

I found this from when he went missing: http://patch.com/connecticut/easthav...e#.VCmBr_nGo8I

He was last seen in Milford CT and his car was found at an oceanside state park. Both of those are quite a distance from Vernon.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast