Identified! ID - Twin Falls Co., WhtFem UP12926, 45-50, in Snake River, Sept'14 - Cynthia Gunnerson (a.k.a. Sasha Ergateage)

OkieGranny

Retired WS Staff
Reaction score
Morgue photo at link:

<defunct link>

The body of a woman who was found in the Snake River on September 9 has still not been identified, and the Twin Falls County Sheriff's Office is asking for the public's help...

There was no match for the woman's fingerprints, and she does not match any missing person report at this time. The autopsy confirmed that the woman died from a fall with multiple points of trauma...

Her description is a white female, 5'5 to 5'6, 140-150 pounds, brown hair and hazel eyes. She is thought to be 45-50 years of age. She was wearing black clothing, men's tennis shoes size 11.5, and did not have any tattoos.

<defunct link>

"There's nothing," Twin Falls County Sheriff's Office investigator Dave Benefiel told the Times-News, referring to a lack of scars or tattoos on the woman's body. "And that's the whole problem."

Twin Falls law enforcement say they've compared notes with seven agencies from Idaho and surrounding states, but nothing matches missing persons reports. "I just wish there was something," Benefiel told the Times-News. "This is fairly odd"...

Officials theorized that she jumped from the Perrine Bridge.

Last edited by a moderator:
http://magicvalley.com/news/local/d...cle_9aae6a38-3fb2-11e4-9bbb-db5e184db771.html

Divers spent hours Thursday sifting through the murky Snake River for any clues that might help identify the body of a woman found floating floating west of the I.B. Perrine Bridge. Just after 12 p.m. the divers went in, making meticulous passes over the spot where investigators believe the woman went in the water, on the north side of the bridge...

Brown was pulling for a wallet with identification. Even a piece of jewelry could bring the investigators closer to finding who the woman was...

Thursday, the sheriff&#8217;s office decided to release a photo of the woman. The photo of the woman&#8217;s face was put through a filter to make it look like a sketch, Stewart said. It&#8217;s important to be sensitive, but more important to get the woman&#8217;s face to the public, and anyone who might know her, Brown said.

Perrine Bridge crosses Snake River Canyon which divides Twin Falls County from Jerome County. Exit 173 off Interstate 84 in Jerome County loops into US 93 which is the highway where the Perrine Bridge is located....approximately a five minute drive from Exit 173. This bridge has become popular for base jumping in recent years.

<defunct link>

The following is the latest information compiled on this case by a member of the following facebook group after a lot of input by many people. I have copied and pasted 'as is'...so please excuse any typos or grammatical errors.

<defunct link>

This is the unidentified woman found in Twin Falls Sept 9, 2014.This is all current as of today. I am in a group called EastIdaho ColdCases and together we have collected information. We have a running post. And I have done a current update today with all the new info and pictures. Yes, this woman is deceased in these pictures. These ARE all there is to identify her, so if the picture's bother you, I am sorry , BUT this woman deserves to be identified so she can be laid to rest.
UPDATED 9-26-14 After Cindy spoke to the coroner. , I have reread thru all comment's as well as the news stories and now.have added Cindys information. This is what I have. If I miss something please tell me and I will add.
Coroner does say she looks very similiar to picture of her. He also is going to release pictures to major media outlets
1- this woman was recovered from the Snake River in/near Twin Falls, Idaho on September 9, 2014. She is thought to have been in the water approx an hour or so prior to recovery. Cause of death is trauma from fall, cause of fall unclear at this time.
2- she is as of this time unidentified and does not match any missing person's report's, and does not have fingerprints on file.
3- she is approx 40 to 55 year's old
4- Teeth in perfect shape, with 3 veneers in the front
5- she does NOT have any tattoo's, BUT has a scar on left arm, brown mole on right cheek, and a non colored mole under her lip towards the left, and a non colored mole on forehead
6- nails not done
7- brows freshly plucked. Top and bottom lips are full, but top lip does not appear full in picture possibility related to biting at time of fall.
8- 5 foot 6 inches tall
9- weight 160
10- is not a full figured woman, breasts of average size
11- she is described as Caucasian. BUT may be of mixed ethnicity as her features do to some of us look like she may have some Hispanic in her. Has short dark brown hair, and blue green OR hazel eyes. (I too am Hispanic and Caucasian with dark brown hair and hazel eyes) They are running DNA to find out what her ethnicity is.
12- her eye color is difficult to really see due to cloudiness that occurs with death.
13- In the picture her skin tone appears slightly grayish and mild amount of yellowing which also occours with death
14- her face does appear to have some bloating, also normal with death.
15- per coroner does NOT appear to have ever given birth
16- When recovered was wearing black clothing and men's tennis shoes size 11 and 1/2 which according to a more recent media report were too big for her feet (her feet were smaller). One shoe was on the woman, the other one near by her in the water. Also found money (2 five dollar bills and a twenty dollar bill ) folded together near where she was found. Is believed to have belonged to the woman. She was also wearing black cargo pants two sizes to large and had them cinched up with a webbed belt. Also was carrying a hat in the pocket. Clothes all appear to be from Walmart
17- per coroner she appears to be a tomboy
18-- through earlier conversations we have realized she resembles others AND looks familiar to many in different areas of Southeast Idaho (Twin, Poky, IF)
19- no personal belongings found near or around area (purse, phone, car, etc.)
20- We need to work together to help this lady.
21- We are all sharing this post to hopefully get it out there and someone will recognize her so she may be laid to rest and her loved one's know what has happened.

This is just my amateur opinion: I like Jennifer as a possible but the image of her appears to be a booking image so we can assume there is no retouching on it like a portrait photo might. The JD has that colorless mole on her forehead and Jennifer's image doesn't.

These are the missing females that have been ruled out by LE so far. Information is courtesy of Eastern Idaho Cold Cases.

Veronica Gillis, Hamilton, MT

Nicole Waller – Fairview, MT

Leeanda Lee/Ady/Christ/etc. – Billings, MT

Amy Bridgeman – Weldon, NC

Angela Lawrence - Lincoln City, OR

Amy Johnson - Livingston, MT

This is just my amateur opinion: I like Jennifer as a possible but the image of her appears to be a booking image so we can assume there is no retouching on it like a portrait photo might. The JD has that colorless mole on her forehead and Jennifer's image doesn't.

If Jennifer's picture is a booking image, I would assume fingerprints were taken. This Jane Doe's fingerprints did not match any databases (so far).

I have just had another look at Jennifer side by side with Jane Doe and it would appear that she doesn't have the same moles or birth mark/scar that appears in the middle of her forehead.

Back to the drawing board! I thought I was on to something.....

I live 40 miles away from Twin Falls and have been following a facebook post about this lady. There is a color photo posted with her information can I post that here? If so how do I do that without blowing the margins?

I have just had another look at Jennifer side by side with Jane Doe and it would appear that she doesn't have the same moles or birth mark/scar that appears in the middle of her forehead.

Back to the drawing board! I thought I was on to something.....

She did look promising.

Does anyone know how they rule out the above people? I hope it is physical & valid confirmed evidence. Just curious because I reported one of these people that looked like a person on the NaMUS & since then she has been totally removed from the NaMus but there is absolutely no information via web as to why she is no longer on there. The local papers didn't announce that she was found (even though it was posted all over in April), no death notices, obits, nothing. Again just hope when they rule out it is valid confirmation that the person they are ruling out is no longer missing. Just strange.

Does anyone know how they rule out the above people? I hope it is physical & valid confirmed evidence. Just curious because I reported one of these people that looked like a person on the NaMUS & since then she has been totally removed from the NaMus but there is absolutely no information via web as to why she is no longer on there. The local papers didn't announce that she was found (even though it was posted all over in April), no death notices, obits, nothing. Again just hope when they rule out it is valid confirmation that the person they are ruling out is no longer missing. Just strange.

I have family in Montana; they told me that the news there said a woman from Montana who was thought to be a match was found alive in Spokane or someplace like that. Her name was never made public so I don't know whether she's one of the people on the list or not.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nmdigital
Back