TX - Sylvia Cardenas, mother of 4 dead kids, loses newborn to CPS, June 2005

mysteriew

A diamond in process
Reaction score
A judge granted Child Protective Services permission Thursday to temporarily remove a newborn from her mother's care because CPS said she is an unfit mother.

Four of Sylvia Cardenas' nine children have died in the past 20 years, including two killed in a fire in April. The fire is under investigation.

"I am going to keep having children until (Child Protective Services) lets me keep one to raise," Cardenas is quoted in the affidavit as having told her physician, the San Angelo Standard-Times reported in its Friday editions.

The circumstances of the fire and a refusal to seek treatment for depression make Cardenas a potential danger to her child, CPS caseworker Lynn McFadden wrote in the affidavit.

"Ms. Cardenas has a pattern of children dying in her care," McFadden wrote. "The only children of Ms. Cardenas that are still living," the affidavit states, "are those who are not in her care."

http://www.chron.com/cs/CDA/ssistory.mpl/metropolitan/3249983

And these children dying in her care are to be compared to what? Small pets, she wants to be able to raise one? This is so depraved it bears serious consideration as to having her ovaries totally removed.

concernedperson said:
And these children dying in her care are to be compared to what? Small pets, she wants to be able to raise one? This is so depraved it bears serious consideration as to having her ovaries totally removed.
I totally agree. The woman is UNFIT, probably unfit to have pets as well!

CPS pulled through and took this child from her mother before she became another statistic. (Hopefully the judge will not return the child to her mother) Good job CPS caseworker Lynn McFadden, you didnt wait and procrastinate like so many do!!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back