GUILTY CA - Abdullah Alkadi, 23, Los Angeles, 17 Sept 2014

I just saw on ABC7 News that his cell phone last pinged in Riverside before it went off. His family says he has no known ties to that area.

How was he wearing shorts and jeans...
Good catch! I'd say it's a typo if it wasn't in another news link too. Makes me wonder if his parents were unsure so they listed both. Or maybe he wore shorts over his pants? Hmmmm. Wish LE would clarify that.

Where was his car (& new owner) found? If Riverside, I'd say LE out there have some work to do.

I hope he is found safe but I don't like how little we know.

Anytime I hear the word Craigslist in a missing person story it never turns out well, but I'm hoping Abdullah's story is different.

Praying for his safe return.

Where was his car (& new owner) found? If Riverside, I'd say LE out there have some work to do.

I hope he is found safe but I don't like how little we know.

I'm not sure if LE knows whether or not he actually sold his car. It just says he was trying to sell it on Craigslist, but I'm not sure if police have confirmed whether or not he did actually sell the car.

There is a good reason I never used Craigslist in that area but have used them in other states...I never felt safe enough.

I hope Abdullah is found safe...as for the short s and jeans, it could be that he was wearing the shorts under the jeans planning on going swimming or something...it's been hot, so he may have been preparing to change later.

Best
Hc

His friends were in San Diego looking for him last night. I'm not sure why they were focused here, but I have their contact information if we come up with questions for them.

How strange. Why was he selling the car? Not for a better one, surely? I'd have thought an Audi was a perfectly desirable vehicle for a young student - certainly would be in Germany, anyhow.

If it was just to get the money - why did he need it?

The Facebook has pics of a Lexus from 2013. Maybe he's one of those that trades cars in habitually.
My hope is that he sold the car and is out partying, though that would be out of character it seems.
How strange. Why was he selling the car? Not for a better one, surely? I'd have thought an Audi was a perfectly desirable vehicle for a young student - certainly would be in Germany, anyhow.

If it was just to get the money - why did he need it?

But I cant imagine how one would expect to sell one for 36k on craigslist? That's a lot of money to be exchanging hands. I think it got him some bad attention from the wrong people.

Ah. I misread. I thought policesaid the new owner of the Audi has no connection to Abdullah's disappearance.

But in fact, it was the new owner himself who said that.

It will be easy enough for police to confirm that the new owner withdrew the $36k from his accounts to pay for the car, if he co-operates with the search for Abdullah. Which I'm sure he will.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jbks
Back