GUILTY NY - Robert Johnson for child *advertiser censored*, New York City, 2005

mysteriew

A diamond in process
Reaction score
Robert Johnson's suits were buttoned-down, his grooming was impeccable, and his demeanor as dignified as his Midwest upbringing might suggest.
A golfing partner recalled that Johnson never cursed like other players when he missed a shot, but cried out, "Oh Alice!" — his way of venting frustration without using an obscenity.

It was the incongruity of Johnson's upright persona and the revolting charges levied against him last week that floored his high-profile friends and associates.

Johnson, 54 — former Newsday publisher, advocate for high educational standards on the state Board of Regents, successful business executive and devoted family man — was busted in a child-*advertiser censored* probe by the U.S. Department of Homeland Security called "Operation Predator."

A federal indictment unsealed Tuesday charges that Johnson used his company computer and laptop at Bowne & Co., a Manhattan financial-services firm, to download huge quantities of child *advertiser censored*. Films included "Real Child Rape."

http://www.nypost.com/news/regionalnews/49314.htm
article is somewhat graphic

That just goes to show that you never really know people. Good for the Dept of Homeland Security!

I was wondering if Mr.Johnson was troubled with having his name entered on a Sexual Predator Registry, or his high position gave cause to avoid this troubling issue. Does anyone know.

I was wondering if Mr.Johnson was troubled with having his name entered on a Sexual Predator Registry, or his high position gave cause to avoid this troubling issue. Does anyone know.

You guys are going to be as chapped as I was just now, looking this up. He was found guilty in 2006 of TWO counts, because he wiped/destroyed over 12,000 of the images because he was informed ahead of time of the investigation :banghead:. Destroying evidence is a felony in itself. For all this he could have faced up to 30 years in prison and been registered as an SO.

He got...15 months. And ooooooooo, a $50,000 fine. His breakfast money for a day, I'm sure.

No registry.

And even that wimpy sentence? Was handed down in mid-December, and he didn't have to start serving it until February. Poor widdle rich perv wanted his pwesents and champagne for the holidays first, undoubtedly.

The ICE really screwed this one up but good, by not just barging in and demanding the computer with IP address XYZ. Noooo, they had to call the company execs ahead...how considerate. Not that it would have made a difference, this shmuck had money so it's a slap on the wrist for him.

I hope he is main stream prison population......homeland security doesn't police that....Yippee for one not feeling comfortable where he is going to hang his hat...
Oh thats right no hats in there another yippee.

You take innocence away from a child & that happens through ANY perverts thoughts they need to be locked up on an island with nothing......depending on LE to give provisions....like children do daily to adults. We have a responsibility to rid miswired people away from society...no second chances....Hard work detail for the rest of there lives. Lets see a real law pass that don't get even the political perverts off. No room for second chances in my mind EVER

I hope he is main stream prison population......homeland security doesn't police that....Yippee for one not feeling comfortable where he is going to hang his hat...
Oh thats right no hats in there another yippee.

You take innocence away from a child & that happens through ANY perverts thoughts they need to be locked up on an island with nothing......depending on LE to give provisions....like children do daily to adults. We have a responsibility to rid miswired people away from society...no second chances....Hard work detail for the rest of there lives. Lets see a real law pass that don't get even the political perverts off. No room for second chances in my mind EVER

Well if I read everything correctly, he's already out of prison. He was sentenced 12/6 for 15 months, so he probably was released in early 2008. I've googled his name and company and nothing comes up with a date after 12/6. Money sure seems to keep working in his favor.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Amberraff
Back