MN MN - Joli Truelson, 16, Minneapolis, 3 Jul 1972

mysteriew

A diamond in process
Reaction score
Maybe Joli Truelson's killer is sitting in jail for another crime. Maybe whoever smashed in the 16-year-old Minneapolis girl's skull 33 years ago as she hitchhiked her way home on a cool July night confessed the crime to a friend.

The family is offering a $50,000 reward as today marks the anniversary of Joli's death. If the money were to bring the killer to light, Truelson doesn't want to know any more details about why her daughter's body was dumped in Minnehaha Creek. What she does want is for that person to face the same fate as Joli.

Minneapolis Capt. Rich Stanek said there are no suspects and the case is being reviewed. He paged through it Friday and found investigators talked to several suspects who gave evidence to the state's Bureau of Criminal Apprehension for analysis.

http://www.startribune.com/stories/462/5487620.html

I don't suppose they could use DNA to solve this unless the family is willing to exhume the body. It would be so helpful if someone connected to the killer would just turn him in.

From April 2011:

http://www.startribune.com/porky-s-closed-but-owners-say-that-s-not-all-folks/119278829/

Mueller said she was with Nora Truelson when the lights at Porky's went out Sunday night for the last time. Mueller said Truelson was lamenting that the closing of the restaurant seemed to garner more attention than the disappearance and death of her teenage daughter nearly 40 years ago.

Joli Truelson was killed after getting picked up on July 3, 1972, while hitchhiking near Lake Calhoun in Minneapolis. The 16-year-old's body was found in Minnehaha Creek, her skulled crushed.

Nora Truelson said the family is still offering $50,000 as a reward for catching whoever committed the crime.

Name: Joli Truelson

Age 16.

Joli was hitching a ride with a group of friends. She wanted to go to her grandmother’s house.

Disappeared From:

· Calhoon Boulevard at Vincent Ave. S.

· Near Thomas beath new Lake Calhoon.

· 10:30 p.m.

· Her friends saw her get into a newer gold car, fastback design. Late model car.

· Joli looked inside and looked back at her friends as if to say,

“This is better than nothing!”

Discovery of Her Body:

· At 1:30 p.m. the next day, youngsters playing near Minnehaha Creek and 3rd Ave. S. found her body dumped in the creek.

· Was 16 inches deep in water.

· Blood was found on the ground near her body.

· She was wearing a red sweater with the musical notes pattern on it and a pair of Army-style olive-drab trousers.

· Her skull had been caved in.

· Struck in the back of the head causing skull fractures.

· Police have no active leads.

Suspect Police Description:

· White male.

· Straight brown hair.

I personally believe Joli may be the first victim of Timothy Joseph Crosby.

Here is my reasoning:

Tim would have been about the same age. His first documented offence was in December 1974 when he was 18 years old & it was apparent that he was a well seasoned offender. It is believed he had been offending for a long period of time. Tim admitted to authority that he started offending in the early 1970's. He would pick up hitchhikers & his crimes were usually those of opportunity.

Joli was last seen hitching a ride with someone in a yellow car. Tim drove a Gold Chrysler Newport 69'. The pickup location is 20 miles from Tim's parents house where he lived.

Tim brought victims to national parks and beaches frequently so it makes sense how he could find her hitchhiking in that area. They were the same age so she could have trusted him enough to get into his car.

Tim also matches the suspect physical description.

Please help me notify her family or blow this lead up because I tried sharing this tip but St. Paul PD haven't been able to tell me exactly where I should be sending this info.

The latest from the StarTribune

Attachments

• Joli Truelson (2).jpg
    Joli Truelson (2).jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 1
I think the killer could very well be Harvey Carignan. I saw a show about him, and her death fits his M.O. He was active in the area at the time. Just a feeling I got, I think he killed her. Good thing he has been in prison for the last 40yrs...

He's a strong possibility too! I think Tim should be looked at as well. He matches every description that was put into newspapers in 1972.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back