1284 users online (188 members and 1096 guests)  

Websleuths News

MD - Cab driver and two city police officers stop kidnapping

A Baltimore man faces kidnapping and false-imprisonment charges after two city police officers prevented a 3-year-old boy from being snatched from his family in Fells Point on Friday night, police said yesterday.
    Everildo Vasques, 26, of the 5500 block of Belair Road has been charged in the incident, police said.

The boy and his parents were dining with friends at an El Salvadoran restaurant in the 200 block of S. Broadway about 8 p.m. when a man took the child's hand and led him out to the street, police said.

The man hailed a cab and forced the child in it, police said. The taxi driver pulled away but suspected the child was not supposed to be with the man.

The taxi driver stopped the car and signaled to two officers - Maggie Duffy and Raymond Betag - who were in the area, police said.

"The cab driver didn't go more than a block," before it stopped, said city police spokeswoman Nicole Monroe.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/loc...ocal-headlines
    Just when I think that I have seen the most depraved things a human can do to another human, somebody posts a new story...........

Why is it that when a custodial parent fails to provide for a child it is called neglect and is a criminal matter. But when a non custodial parent fails to provide it is called failure to support and is a civil matter?

"Just when the caterpillar thought its world was over, it became a butterfly" ~ Michelle Knight

Just read the full story, what do you mean that they didnt realize the child was missing?? Its very simple, you are eating and your child is not sitting next to you eating. (My children never "disappeared" from the dinner table, either at home or at a restaurant.) What were they doing that they didnt notice their child at the table. NO excuses. Sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by Txmom
    Just read the full story, what do you mean that they didnt realize the child was missing?? Its very simple, you are eating and your child is not sitting next to you eating. (My children never "disappeared" from the dinner table, either at home or at a restaurant.) What were they doing that they didnt notice their child at the table. NO excuses. Sorry.
    I never felt comfortable with letting my kids go to the bathroom by themselves, but I know a lot of parents who do. I thought maybe he might have gone to the bathroom.
    Just when I think that I have seen the most depraved things a human can do to another human, somebody posts a new story...........

Why is it that when a custodial parent fails to provide for a child it is called neglect and is a criminal matter. But when a non custodial parent fails to provide it is called failure to support and is a civil matter?

"Just when the caterpillar thought its world was over, it became a butterfly" ~ Michelle Knight