771 users online (77 members and 694 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

WV - Father kills child, feared sex abuse would be revealed

Residents are still shocked by the murder of 14-year-old Mariah Keigley, the Doddridge County girl who police say was suffocated by her father, David Keigley, last Sunday.

Horrific violence occurs in the big city, not down the road, most contend. Others comfort their children, who aren't quite sure what happened.

Still, all were surprised when, according to police, David Keigley killed his daughter for fear she would reveal their sexual relationship.

He told State Police Sgt. James Merrill his daughter may have been pregnant, according to a criminal complaint released Wednesday. Mariah's pregnancy was confirmed by autopsy reports, State Police said Saturday (see story on Page A8).

http://www.cpubco.com/cgi-bin/LiveIQ...rrentLocalNews
    Last edited by OkieGranny; 01-01-2017 at 04:18 AM. Reason: broken link
    Just when I think that I have seen the most depraved things a human can do to another human, somebody posts a new story...........

Why is it that when a custodial parent fails to provide for a child it is called neglect and is a criminal matter. But when a non custodial parent fails to provide it is called failure to support and is a civil matter?

"Just when the caterpillar thought its world was over, it became a butterfly" ~ Michelle Knight

He's accused of killing his 14 year-old daughter, Mariah. On Monday, a grand jury indicted him on felony counts: murder, incest, sexual abuse by a parent, and death of a child by a parent.

Mariah Keigley disappeared from her home in Melitus, Doddridge County on Sunday, June 26th: the same day she was supposed to leave for a month-long trip to Michigan. But when her aunt came to pick her up, she was nowhere to be found. State police and rescue teams spent more than two days searching, only to find her body, wrapped in plastic, in her home.

An autopsy revealed Keigley was pregnant when she died.
    http://wtrf.com/story.cfm?func=viewstory&storyid=6125
    Just when I think that I have seen the most depraved things a human can do to another human, somebody posts a new story...........

Why is it that when a custodial parent fails to provide for a child it is called neglect and is a criminal matter. But when a non custodial parent fails to provide it is called failure to support and is a civil matter?

"Just when the caterpillar thought its world was over, it became a butterfly" ~ Michelle Knight

That poor child. I can nly guess at what she went thru.

I had a similar occurrance in my family but instead the dad threatened suicide. I reccomended letting him have at it.

Quote Originally Posted by mysteriew
    He's accused of killing his 14 year-old daughter, Mariah. On Monday, a grand jury indicted him on felony counts: murder, incest, sexual abuse by a parent, and death of a child by a parent.

Mariah Keigley disappeared from her home in Melitus, Doddridge County on Sunday, June 26th: the same day she was supposed to leave for a month-long trip to Michigan. But when her aunt came to pick her up, she was nowhere to be found. State police and rescue teams spent more than two days searching, only to find her body, wrapped in plastic, in her home.

An autopsy revealed Keigley was pregnant when she died.
    http://wtrf.com/story.cfm?func=viewstory&storyid=6125

This is so horrible. Nothing like ole dad covering his azz so he won't be found out even if it means taking his own daughter's life. Guess he had taken everything else from her already huh! If this guy doesn't get the death penalty then there is no justice in this world. Was she living alone with her dad I wonder? Sick S.O.B.

So very tragic, that poor, young girl. I wonder where the mother has been in the picture, not to have known her father's been molesting her, and for how long has this been going on? What doesn't make sense is, the father kills her so no one will find out, but then we all find out anyway. What a sick man he is, may he never again see the light of day.

Rest in peace, Mariah.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    *My posts are my opinions, expressed freely thanks to the First Amendment.*

Quote Originally Posted by SieSie
    So very tragic, that poor, young girl. I wonder where the mother has been in the picture, not to have known her father's been molesting her, and for how long has this been going on? What doesn't make sense is, the father kills her so no one will find out, but then we all find out anyway. What a sick man he is, may he never again see the light of day.

Rest in peace, Mariah.
    Another in the "I molest my underage daughter and murder either her or the baby to hide evidence of my incest, because I won't wear a rubber" related deaths. Shows just how twisted the logic is with these bastards.

Quote Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff
    Another in the "I molest my underage daughter and murder either her or the baby to hide evidence of my incest, because I won't wear a rubber" related deaths. Shows just how twisted the logic is with these bastards.
    It is twisted but I can relate to your statement. I have two lives, the one I was raised in and the one my children were raised in. In the first, I expect and have seen every crazy statement with denial mixed in. In the second, my children have never know any abuse and are all grown up and living normal lives. I am conflicted most of the time as I guess I have never fully dealt with the first.But this gives me the edge over regular people as I know what to expect. I can also read a book cover without impunity.

David A. Keigley

Jury Trial - Guilty
    Sentence Date: 01/16/2007

Offense: Murder
    Sentence: LWOP

Offense: Death of a Child by a Parent
    Sentence: 10 years - 40 years

Offense: Child Sex Abuse by a Parent
    Sentence: 10 years - 20 years

Offense: Incest
    Sentence: 5 years - 15 years

All sentences are consecutive.

Projected Release Date: None

Quote Originally Posted by Belinda View Post
    David A. Keigley

Jury Trial - Guilty
    Sentence Date: 01/16/2007

Offense: Murder
    Sentence: LWOP

Offense: Death of a Child by a Parent
    Sentence: 10 years - 40 years

Offense: Child Sex Abuse by a Parent
    Sentence: 10 years - 20 years

Offense: Incest
    Sentence: 5 years - 15 years

All sentences are consecutive.

Projected Release Date: None

He should have gotten THE NEEDLE!

Nosy by Nature and a Websleuther by choice

Why was this RAPE referred to as a 'sexual relationship'??

AAAGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! I so hate when reporters do that!
    She was a CHILD who was RAPED by her FATHER!!! Call it what it is!!
    The saints are the sinners who keep trying...

I don't know whether West Virginia has the death penalty or not. I also am against the death penalty until they get it straightened out and get all of the innocent people out of there. I was pretty happy with the sentence and the fact that they gave him a separate consecutive sentence for each charge. So often, they combine for sentencing or give separate sentences, but make them all concurrent, which is completely worthless. So, overall, I'm rather pleased.

Quote Originally Posted by Belinda View Post
    I don't know whether West Virginia has the death penalty or not. I also am against the death penalty until they get it straightened out and get all of the innocent people out of there. I was pretty happy with the sentence and the fact that they gave him a separate consecutive sentence for each charge. So often, they combine for sentencing or give separate sentences, but make them all concurrent, which is completely worthless. So, overall, I'm rather pleased.
    I can respect that...the more I thought about it the more I liked the idea of him spending the rest of his miserable life behind bars. Lot cheaper too.

Nosy by Nature and a Websleuther by choice

I like how someone could be so terrified of being caught that they are willing to commit a BIGGER crime to not get caught. All along knowing that the crime they committed in the first place was wrong and did it anyway.
    "I would have stayed up with you all night, had I known how to save a life."
    Rest in peace, Ethan Stacy and Aja Johnson.

This little girl was loved and is still thought of.

http://www.myspace.com/remembermariah

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Linda7NJ View Post
    He should have gotten THE NEEDLE!
    only if delivered by the girl's mother

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast