678 users online (96 members and 582 guests)  

Websleuths News

Landlord Evicts Victim Of Murder Attempt For 'Being Too Loud'

A North Carolina woman has a new problem, after surviving six gunshot wounds and a jump from her second-story balcony to escape the man trying to kill her.

Now, she's being evicted from her apartment.

Dorothea Thomas was attacked last Friday. She got out of the hospital on Tuesday. On Wednesday, she found a notice on her front door, ordering her to leave.

The former Marine and police officer was served with an eviction notice for, among other things, being too loud.

According to The Daily News, the eviction notice said Thomas had violated her lease agreement because she was attacked on the apartment grounds. She has lived in the apartment since 1996.

"In this case the victim was attacked by someone with whom she had an ongoing relationship and had invited onto our property," Piche said in a press release. "While we empathize with her situation, her guest's actions were not only a breach of her lease, but more importantly, they endangered the lives of every other innocent person in the area."

Just when I think that I have seen the most depraved things a human can do to another human, somebody posts a new story...........

Why is it that when a custodial parent fails to provide for a child it is called neglect and is a criminal matter. But when a non custodial parent fails to provide it is called failure to support and is a civil matter?

"Just when the caterpillar thought its world was over, it became a butterfly" ~ Michelle Knight

The Other End
    Maybe this lady was a "problem" before and this was the final straw. Maybe other tenants were complaining and were fearful.

This post is my opinion only, and is subject to making me look totally confused