542 users online (64 members and 478 guests)  

Websleuths News

los2188 is offline North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!

CA - Nola Taylor, 84, Joshua Tree, 8 September 2014

Nola Taylor

Sheriff's department searches for missing woman from Joshua Tree
    JOSHUA TREE, Calif. -
    An elderly woman from Joshua Tree hasn't been heard from since Monday, September 8. Nola Taylor, 84, was driving to her quilting class at the Yucca Valley Community Center, but she never made it. According to a release from the San Bernardino County Sheriff's Department, Taylor was coming from the Hi-Desert Medical Center in Joshua Tree. Her son reported her missing, and on Friday, September 12, deputies found her 1989 Lincoln Continental in Twentynine Palms on Desert Quail Drive and Baseline Road. Authorities said her car was disabled.
    http://m.kesq.com/news/sheriffs-depa...-tree/28086746
    Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

"When from a long distant past nothing persists, after the people are dead, after things are broken and scattered, still alone, more persistent, more faithful, the smell and taste of things remain poised a long, long time like souls, ready to remind us, waiting, hoping for their moment amid the ruins of all the rest, and bear unfaltering in the tiny and almost impalpable drop of their essence the vast structure of recollection."

Her car disabled? I'm thinking she may have left the cat on foot. We've had very high temps in California recently. This is pretty concerning!

The area her car was found abandoned, is clearly not on the way to Yucca Valley? Wish we knew what she was being seen for that day, was it just a routine checkup? She must have appeared normal, or they would not have let her leave in a car. Did she make a stop after leaving the Dr. office?

My own Mom turned 86 last month, she is still driving. I'm worried for Nola!!!

https://www.google.com/maps/dir/6601...8!2d34.1222273
    You are the anchor to my soul, you won't let go ...

INFORMATION CORRECTED ON MISSING ELDERLY JOSHUA TREE WOMAN

By Z107.7 News, on September 18th, 2014
    The Sheriff’s Department has corrected information about a missing woman who walked away from her car in Twentynine Palms last week. Monday, September 8, Nola Taylor, 85, was driven to her home in Joshua Tree from Desert Hospital in Palm Springs by her son; she did not drive herself home from Hi-Desert Medical Center in Joshua Tree as originally reported. After arriving home, Taylor left in her tan 1989 Lincoln Continental to go to her quilting class in Yucca Valley, but never arrived. Her son reported her missing Friday, September 12, her disabled car was found near Desert Quail and Baseline in Twentynine Palms. Footprints were seen walking away from her car. Nola Taylor is described as a white woman, 5 feet, 4 inches tall, 110 pounds, with gray hair and hazel eyes.

http://www.z1077fm.com/information-c...ua-tree-woman/

Quote Originally Posted by Knox View Post
    The area her car was found abandoned, is clearly not on the way to Yucca Valley?
    <snip>
    ITA this case is very worrisome to me too. Poor thing, it makes my heart so sad that she's been out there all this time.

I think this might be the info for the quilting class she was trying to get to (shows 2nd Monday in September, so that would have been 9/8, the day she went missing):

YUCCA VALLEY
    Cactus Sew-ables Quilt Guild
    Meets: 1st Monday, 1pm (No meeting July-August, meet 2nd Monday in Sept & January), Yucca Valley Community Center
    7090 29 Palms Hwy, Yucca Valley, CA 92284
    PO Box 298, Yucca Valley, CA 92268

http://www.quiltersresources.net/quiltguilds_ca.html

So she left her home (was it on Alta Loma Dr?) to go to quilting class in Yucca Valley. I wonder what time her doctor appointment was, and what time she and her son got home. And then what time she had to leave again to make her 1:00 class.

Just thinking out loud here - you know how some of the elderly worry so much about being sure to be at appointments on time? Maybe she didn't have a chance to eat after the doctor - and maybe even hadn't eaten the night before because of any tests the doctor might have been running - and was in such a hurry about going to quilting class while she was also having some confusion due to low blood sugar?

Or maybe she was supposed to pick someone else up on the way to go to class with her who lived out that way? I'm not sure exactly where around Desert Quail and Baseline Rd her car was found, but it looks like there are a few homes around some of the areas.

I guess I'm hoping for a miracle now

http://www.sbsun.com/general-news/20...h-desert-woman

Questions-
    Was she hospitalized, or was this an outpatient appointment?
    Why did it take five days to report her missing?
    Can LE verify the footprints leading away from the car are Nola's?
    No scent trail, and she hasn't been found in the area surrounding the car? How far could she have went?
    Who found and reported the location of her car?
    The car was disabled when found, what exactly does that mean? Out of gas, flat tire, dead battery?

http://www.desertsun.com/story/news/...tree/16046809/

The remains of a Joshua Tree woman, who was reported missing on Sept. 11, were found Sunday morning in Joshua Tree National Park.

Nola Pauline Taylor's remains were discovered about 9 a.m. a half mile south of Desert Quail Drive and Baseline Road, according to the San Bernardino County Sheriff's Department.

The 84-year-old's cause of death is under investigation.
    A half-mile south of where her car was found? There is no road south. She just took off cross-country?

Terrible reporting in this case.

Taylor's son reported her missing. On Sept. 12, officials found her 1989 Lincoln Continental stuck in sand. They later found Taylor "in the middle of nowhere," Millard said.

"As far as you can see with the naked eye where her car broke down, you have no idea where the (park) boundary is," he said.

The area is near Twentynine Palms and investigators don't know why Taylor drove in the opposite direction of the Yucca Valley Community Center.
    Poor Nola must have gotten confused while driving. Seems strange it took so long to find her body only a half-mile from her car, with footprints leading away from it. Maybe more bad reporting ...

Rest in peace Nola~

Oh man... Condolences. :-(

So sad there was no miracle for Nola. She lived there, so she knew the dangers of the desert. I just hope she didn't suffer

RIP Mrs. Taylor.

It is a terribly sad situation but cases like that just show that most people that age shouldn't be driving a car anymore.