1126 users online (250 members and 876 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Australia - Chloe Valentine, 4, tortured to death, Ingle Farm, SA, 20 Jan 2012

Shocking details of rat-infested squalor as inquest into death of Chloe Valentine, 4, begins

September 19, 2014 2:51PM

LITTLE Chloe Valentine lived and died in bug and rat-infested squalor, neglected by a lying mother who insisted she was a better parent when high on drugs, an inquest has heard.

In a disturbing morning of evidence, the Coroners Court has heard Families SA was notified of Chloe’s horrific circumstances 21 times in four years.

Despite those notifications — and workers requiring gloves and masks to clean homes from which Chloe’s mother had been evicted — the government agency never stepped in to remove her.

On the occasions when Families SA did investigate, its staff did so days, weeks and even months after reports were made because it “lacked the capacity” to act immediately.

State Coroner Mark Johns heard workers accepted the lies of Chloe’s mother, Ashlee Jean Polkinghorne, because whenever they staged a scheduled visit, the child was “clean and happy”.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/s...-1227066404276

the Coroners Court has heard Families SA was notified of Chloe’s horrific circumstances 21 times in four years.

Despite those notifications — and workers requiring gloves and masks to clean homes from which Chloe’s mother had been evicted — the government agency never stepped in to remove her.

HOW MANY cases like this have we heard just this year alone, fellow Aussies?\

Too enraged to post now, bbl.

omg that sweet lil face......

What an adorable little girl. But, looking at that picture, I don't see a happy child. The eyes are kind of blank, and the smile isn't real. Poor baby. Her curls remind me of my granddaughter's.
    Vermont born and raised!

These sorts of stories are so sad when you just know that there are so many people in our community who would throw their hands up in a heartbeat to give a tiny child a loving home.
    The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.
    Stephen Hawking

I just read that article

Poor Baby girl RIP
    IMO...

An earlier article from April - It actually has the video (or snippets, of the Motorbike incident)

Remove the child — that’s all we wanted ... plenty of family wanted to take that child and put her in a safe place,” she said. “That didn’t happen.”

This makes me so angry, Chloe could of been loved and cherished like she deserved

A continuation of the video, you see little Chloe opening gifts, not a single show of excitement or glee in that little girls eyes

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/news/s...2b636c9f809b69
    IMO...

SA Coroner Mark Johns hears second day of evidence about the squalid life and death of little Chloe Valentine under her mother’s care

CHLOE Valentine was watched crying and screaming in her bedroom on CCTV connected to her drug-abusing mother’s television, an inquest has heard.

A witness has told State Coroner Mark Johns the CCTV monitored Chloe while her mother, Ashlee Polkinghorne and her then partner, Benjamin McPartland, took drugs.

The woman said McPartland had asked her if she wanted to “see something funny” before showing the live stream of Chloe screaming and crying in her bedroom.

She said McPartland and Polkinghorne would watch Chloe on the TV in their loungeroom before yelling at her down the hallway of their house.

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/news/s...-1227067483076

this MSM has the original sentencing remarks included in it.

Ashlee Polkinghorne and Ben McPartland receive four-year minimum jail term for motorbike death of four-year-old Chloe Valentine

April 03, 2014

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/news/s...-1226872170510

Can't bring myself to watch the vids or read the articles in depth yet - just the snips posted here have literally turned my stomach.

I was one of the untold number of kids failed first by their parents, then by the Govt, so I get very triggered by these stories. I have so much anger in me, still, for the way children aren't protected, even though there's huge dossiers full of reasons WHY they ought to be immediately removed from their homes... it gets overwhelming.

The whole system needs a massive overhaul, from the top down.... no child should ever live or die like this, in our country.

Four and a half years of reporting did nothing': Godmother of four year old girl, who died from head injuries after being forced to ride a motorbike, gave up reporting neglect by parents

Tragically Chloe Valentine, from Adelaide, died in January 2012 from injuries sustained over a three-day period in the backyard of a home at Ingle Farm, in the city's northeast.

They waited more than eight hours before calling an ambulance after Chloe eventually became unconscious.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz3EBd4aILn

Chloe was one of the four kids that made me give up Paeds. We had a really terrible run of non accidental injuries in early 2012 - three of those bubbas died and I was way too full of Dexter style fantasies to continue. I'm glad the inquest is airing the failure of the system that is supposed to protect these lives.

Sean Fewster @SeanFewster · 2m
    #ChloeValentine was in Polkinghorne's sole care as she consumed $300 worth of methylamphetamine a week. Discovered, daily support set up.

Sean Fewster @SeanFewster · 6m
    Another early Families SA notification was #ChloeValentine sleeping on a mattress that caught fire, as inquest heard evidence on yesterday.

Sean Fewster @SeanFewster · 19m
    By August 07, Polkinghorne was asking Salvos for food despite receiving $1300 in welfare payments. #ChloeValentine

Sean Fewster @SeanFewster · 26m
    Polkinghorne would leave infant #ChloeValentine in front of TV for hours telling people "she loves this movie, it's her favourite".

Sean Fewster @SeanFewster · 27m
    Lawson: "If we asked to see #ChloeValentine's room, there would often be a reason not to show us."

Sean Fewster @SeanFewster · 31m
    Lawson: "Ashlee was very good at telling us what we wanted to hear & would often refuse to let us see things in the house". #ChloeValentine

Sean Fewster @SeanFewster · 35m
    Salvos warned Ashlee Polkinghorne's 1st comment after birthing #ChloeValentine was "glad that's over, now I can get pissed again".

Sean Fewster @SeanFewster · 37m
    Polkinghorne told Salvos that was based on "unsavoury people" she had lived with prior to entering its tenancy program. #ChloeValentine

Sean Fewster @SeanFewster · 39m
    In June 07, seven days before #ChloeValentine was born, Families SA had identified her as infant at risk based on notifications received.

Sean Fewster @SeanFewster · 46m
    Polkinghorne "kind of ebbed and flowed at times in how much she felt she needed support". #ChloeValentine

Sean Fewster @SeanFewster · 47m
    Q: Did you believe Polkinghorne's request for support was genuine? Lawson: "Initially, yes." #ChloeValentine

Sean Fewster @SeanFewster · 49m
    Aged 15, Polkinghorne claimed she was ready to parent #ChloeValentine because she "had experience with younger siblings".

https://twitter.com/SeanFewster?orig...63092732571648

Such a sad, sad, sad case. Poor darling Chloe.
    Things are not what they appear to be. Nor are they otherwise.
    - Surangama Sutra

The mother ....

Ashlee Polkinghorne

The boyfriend ....

Benjamin McPartland

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/news/s...-1227068865858

Methylamphetamine faces ...... imo
    Things are not what they appear to be. Nor are they otherwise.
    - Surangama Sutra

Michelle Vella ‏@MichelleVella7 1m

Families SA had already classed #chloevalentine as an infant at risk before she was born @7NewsAdelaide

South Aussie, do you remember the other "major"case of child neglect here. There were numerous children living in the home from babies to teenagers?

NM. I found it.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2013-05-3...nicate/4725298

Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast