GUILTY Australia - Chloe Valentine, 4, tortured to death, Ingle Farm, SA, 20 Jan 2012

marlywings

Former Member
Reaction score
Shocking details of rat-infested squalor as inquest into death of Chloe Valentine, 4, begins

September 19, 2014 2:51PM

LITTLE Chloe Valentine lived and died in bug and rat-infested squalor, neglected by a lying mother who insisted she was a better parent when high on drugs, an inquest has heard.

In a disturbing morning of evidence, the Coroners Court has heard Families SA was notified of Chloe’s horrific circumstances 21 times in four years.

Despite those notifications — and workers requiring gloves and masks to clean homes from which Chloe’s mother had been evicted — the government agency never stepped in to remove her.

On the occasions when Families SA did investigate, its staff did so days, weeks and even months after reports were made because it “lacked the capacity” to act immediately.

State Coroner Mark Johns heard workers accepted the lies of Chloe’s mother, Ashlee Jean Polkinghorne, because whenever they staged a scheduled visit, the child was “clean and happy”.

220xv6.jpg

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...lentine-4-begins/story-fnihsrk2-1227066404276

the Coroners Court has heard Families SA was notified of Chloe’s horrific circumstances 21 times in four years.

Despite those notifications — and workers requiring gloves and masks to clean homes from which Chloe’s mother had been evicted — the government agency never stepped in to remove her.

HOW MANY cases like this have we heard just this year alone, fellow Aussies?\

Too enraged to post now, bbl.

omg that sweet lil face......

What an adorable little girl. But, looking at that picture, I don't see a happy child. The eyes are kind of blank, and the smile isn't real. Poor baby. Her curls remind me of my granddaughter's.

These sorts of stories are so sad when you just know that there are so many people in our community who would throw their hands up in a heartbeat to give a tiny child a loving home.

An earlier article from April - It actually has the video (or snippets, of the Motorbike incident)

Remove the child — that’s all we wanted ... plenty of family wanted to take that child and put her in a safe place,” she said. “That didn’t happen.”

This makes me so angry, Chloe could of been loved and cherished like she deserved :banghead:

A continuation of the video, you see little Chloe opening gifts, not a single show of excitement or glee in that little girls eyes :cry:

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/news/...872170510?nk=75d030d4f744389a912b636c9f809b69

SA Coroner Mark Johns hears second day of evidence about the squalid life and death of little Chloe Valentine under her mother’s care

CHLOE Valentine was watched crying and screaming in her bedroom on CCTV connected to her drug-abusing mother’s television, an inquest has heard.

A witness has told State Coroner Mark Johns the CCTV monitored Chloe while her mother, Ashlee Polkinghorne and her then partner, Benjamin McPartland, took drugs.

The woman said McPartland had asked her if she wanted to “see something funny” before showing the live stream of Chloe screaming and crying in her bedroom.

She said McPartland and Polkinghorne would watch Chloe on the TV in their loungeroom before yelling at her down the hallway of their house.

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/news/...her-mothers-care/story-fni6uo1m-1227067483076

Can't bring myself to watch the vids or read the articles in depth yet - just the snips posted here have literally turned my stomach.

I was one of the untold number of kids failed first by their parents, then by the Govt, so I get very triggered by these stories. I have so much anger in me, still, for the way children aren't protected, even though there's huge dossiers full of reasons WHY they ought to be immediately removed from their homes... it gets overwhelming.

The whole system needs a massive overhaul, from the top down.... no child should ever live or die like this, in our country.

Four and a half years of reporting did nothing': Godmother of four year old girl, who died from head injuries after being forced to ride a motorbike, gave up reporting neglect by parents

Tragically Chloe Valentine, from Adelaide, died in January 2012 from injuries sustained over a three-day period in the backyard of a home at Ingle Farm, in the city's northeast.

They waited more than eight hours before calling an ambulance after Chloe eventually became unconscious.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-reporting-neglect-parents.html#ixzz3EBd4aILn

Chloe was one of the four kids that made me give up Paeds. We had a really terrible run of non accidental injuries in early 2012 - three of those bubbas died and I was way too full of Dexter style fantasies to continue. I'm glad the inquest is airing the failure of the system that is supposed to protect these lives.

Sean Fewster @SeanFewster · 2m
#ChloeValentine was in Polkinghorne's sole care as she consumed $300 worth of methylamphetamine a week. Discovered, daily support set up.

Sean Fewster @SeanFewster · 6m
Another early Families SA notification was #ChloeValentine sleeping on a mattress that caught fire, as inquest heard evidence on yesterday.

Sean Fewster @SeanFewster · 19m
By August 07, Polkinghorne was asking Salvos for food despite receiving $1300 in welfare payments. #ChloeValentine

Sean Fewster @SeanFewster · 26m
Polkinghorne would leave infant #ChloeValentine in front of TV for hours telling people "she loves this movie, it's her favourite".

Sean Fewster @SeanFewster · 27m
Lawson: "If we asked to see #ChloeValentine's room, there would often be a reason not to show us."

Sean Fewster @SeanFewster · 31m
Lawson: "Ashlee was very good at telling us what we wanted to hear & would often refuse to let us see things in the house". #ChloeValentine

Sean Fewster @SeanFewster · 35m
Salvos warned Ashlee Polkinghorne's 1st comment after birthing #ChloeValentine was "glad that's over, now I can get pissed again".

Sean Fewster @SeanFewster · 37m
Polkinghorne told Salvos that was based on "unsavoury people" she had lived with prior to entering its tenancy program. #ChloeValentine

Sean Fewster @SeanFewster · 39m
In June 07, seven days before #ChloeValentine was born, Families SA had identified her as infant at risk based on notifications received.

Sean Fewster @SeanFewster · 46m
Polkinghorne "kind of ebbed and flowed at times in how much she felt she needed support". #ChloeValentine

Sean Fewster @SeanFewster · 47m
Q: Did you believe Polkinghorne's request for support was genuine? Lawson: "Initially, yes." #ChloeValentine

Sean Fewster @SeanFewster · 49m
Aged 15, Polkinghorne claimed she was ready to parent #ChloeValentine because she "had experience with younger siblings".

https://twitter.com/SeanFewster?ori...tw_p=embeddedtimeline&tw_w=513863092732571648

Such a sad, sad, sad case. Poor darling Chloe. :(

Michelle Vella ‏@MichelleVella7 1m

Families SA had already classed #chloevalentine as an infant at risk before she was born @7NewsAdelaide :cry:

South Aussie, do you remember the other "major"case of child neglect here. There were numerous children living in the home from babies to teenagers?

NM. I found it.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2013-05-...-finds-agencies-failed-to-communicate/4725298

Oh ... terrible case, Amee. We really need better communication, drop in visits, and many more staff to deal with these matters in our state. So many people have said that they would foster these poor kids, if they only knew.

Sean Fewster ‏@SeanFewster 13m

Lawson: after hearing recording of #ChloeValentine's mother discussing drugs, I began to suspect she was lying to me.

Readers can listen to the phone call on @theTiser's website. It prompted Families SA to "increase support" for #ChloeValentine's mother.

Lawson: Families SA stopped giving Salvos info about abuse reports for #ChloeValentine after playing us the drug phone call.

Lawson: Families SA said they were happy with #ChloeValentine's progress. Salvos were not, had ongoing concerns for her safety.

Lawson: "I was concerned how long it would take Ashlee to respond to the basic needs of #ChloeValentine, like getting her a bassinet."

This was in January 2008. #ChloeValentine was six months old, Polkinghorne had been in the house 7mths.

Sean Fewster ‏@SeanFewster 2m

Neighbours & Housing SA complain #ChloeValentine's home is violent, dangerous fire hazard. Salvos agree; Families SA said it was fine.

Sean Fewster ‏@SeanFewster 2m

Neighbours & Housing SA complain #ChloeValentine's home is violent, dangerous fire hazard. Salvos agree; Families SA said it was fine.

:facepalm:

So do we need a moderating panel? Two out of three agencies recognised the immediate danger. Majority should rule. Families SA should answer to a higher authority, an ombudsman, someone. How can situations like this be escalated outside of lengthy and costly court proceedings? Something is broken in this system.

Sean Fewster @SeanFewster · 18s
Lawson: #ChloeValentine's 1st home was "uninhabitable", strewn with rubbish & rats, "absolutely not" fit for an infant.

Sean Fewster @SeanFewster · 3m
Lawson: When #ChloeValentine & her mother moved out, the rubbish was still there. Clearly speaking to Families SA didn't resolve it.

Sean Fewster @SeanFewster · 6m
After further complaints, Families SA said it would help #ChloeValentine's mother clean her unit. Salvos felt they weren't being believed.

https://twitter.com/SeanFewster?ori...tw_p=embeddedtimeline&tw_w=513863092732571648

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998
Back