GUILTY NC - Nags Head, Mummified Infant, in trash can, blonde hair, Apr'91 - n/a *arrests*

thordis

Reaction score
“Baby Doe” – Cold Case Case # 040491-0016

On April 4, 1991 at 10:00 AM Nags Head Officers were dispatched to the 8600 block of East Tides Drive in reference to a deceased infant in the trash can rack. When officers responded, the found the mummified body of an infant. An autopsy revealed the infant was Caucasian with blond hair. The infant was approximately 5-7 pounds at birth and 18-19 inches in length. The sex is unknown due to the condition of the body when it was discovered. The estimated age of the infant is less than 3 month. It is estimated the body was placed in the trash rack in February. Anyone with information concerning this case is strongly encouraged to reach out to the Nags Head Police Department directly at (252) 441-6386. Tips may be submitted through Crime Line as well.

Unidentified Person / NamUs #UP14018 Unsure, White / Caucasian
Date Body Found April 4, 1991
Location Found Nags Head, North Carolina
Case Information
Case Numbers
NCMEC Number--
ME/C Case Number 91-4757
Demographics
Sex Unsure
Race / Ethnicity White / Caucasian
Estimated Age Group Infant
Estimated Age Range (Years) 0-1

Height 1' 7"(19 inches) , Estimated
Weight 7 lbs, Estimated
Circumstances
Type Unidentified Deceased
Date Body Found April 4, 1991
NamUs Case Created July 7, 2015
ME/C QA Reviewed--
Location Found Map
Location Nags Head, North Carolina
County Dare County
GPS Coordinates (Not Mapped)--
Circumstances of Recovery
B0DY F0UND IN APRIL 0F 1991 UNDER A TRASH CAN THE B0DY WAS MUMMIFIED. DEATH IS ESTIMATED FEBRUARY 1991 AND AGE IS TO 8 MONTHS. IT IS ESTIMATED THE B0DY WAS LEFT UNDER THE TRASH CAN F0R 6 T0 10 WEEKS PRI0R T0 DISC0VERY.
Details of Recovery
Inventory of RemainsOne or more limbs not recovered
Condition of RemainsNot recognizable - Mummified
The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

A question I have regarding this case is what kind of trash can? And where?

Was it residential? Or community like a park trash can? A busniesses trash can? Was it a dumpster even? So many questions.

I believe the trash can rack they’re referring to would be basically a wooden frame that held two cans side by side to keep them from blowing around.
Population for the entire county was only 23,000. It’s a residential area that has mostly seasonal (vacation) rentals. It would be the off-season without many people around. It’s not a high traffic area, even now.

I'm late to the post but I just found out the babies case has finally been solved!!! I thought I misread a post I seen or there was another Nags Head Doe. This was one that stuck with me and I have followed for a long time. My family and I were just down there in August and I thought of him alot when we were there (Well, thought of the baby, I didn't know the sex until today)

Well dang - thought I'd be able to get into the NC Dare County court site... but failed.
I'd like to follow this case to conclusion.
Anyone here following this case - can you?

If so - can I count on you to give me court dates for these two #*%*^$ ??

TIA!
citrouille14.gif

Well dang - thought I'd be able to get into the NC Dare County court site... but failed.
I'd like to follow this case to conclusion.
Anyone here following this case - can you?

If so - can I count on you to give me court dates for these two #*%*^$ ??

TIA!
citrouille14.gif

This what I could find:

Scott Gordon Poole
Ethnicity Non-Hispanic
Date of Birth Sep **, ****
ID Number710**
Custody Status Date Oct 27, 2021 04:17 PM EDT
Custody Status Out of Custody
Custody Detail Bonded out
Book Date Oct 23, 2021 08:21 PM EDT

Robin Lynn Byrum
Ethnicity Non-Hispanic
Date of Birth May **, ****
ID Number710**
Custody Status Date Oct 25, 2021 04:47 PM EDT
Custody StatusOut of Custody
Custody Detail Bonded out
Book Date Oct 23, 2021 07:17 PM EDT

Thank you for that additional info @Tabirey -- do you have a link to where you found that stuff? Maybe I can access it. I take it there are no "next" hearing dates?

TIA!
citrouille0.gif

Thank you for that additional info @Tabirey -- do you have a link to where you found that stuff? Maybe I can access it. I take it there are no "next" hearing dates?

TIA!
citrouille0.gif

I apologize, I thought I'd posted the link also, here it is:
VINELink
I use to live in NC. Unfortunately, my daughter had a run in with a not so upstanding guy, so this is the site her victims advocate suggested to use to keep her safe.
There are 2 different case numbers for both of them, I just copied one for each of them. I didn't dig to see if they have any court dates pending.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
okaydandy
Back