OK - 5-week-old girl sexually and physically abused, father arrested

OkieGranny

Retired WS Staff
Reaction score
http://www.news9.com/story/26580671/tulsa-father-arrested-for-critically-injuring-5-week-old-baby

A Tulsa man is behind bars, accused of abusing his 5-week-old daughter, R, who is in critical condition on Friday.

Police say she has broken ribs, bruises on her head and chest, a bite mark, bleeding in the brain, and injuries to her genitals. Her family says the baby has a 40 percent chance of survival and they are devastated and in shock.

Her family says she was a miracle baby because R's mother didn't think she could have children.

http://www.krmg.com/news/news/local/man-accused-physically-sexually-abusing-1-month-ol/nhRBK/

Police say 28-year-old Robert Bragg was arrested Friday morning at an emergency room near 61st and Yale.

Once in custody, Bragg confessed to squeezing his little girl around her ribs. Bragg then told officers he also shook his infant around six times. Police say they also noticed bite marks on the girl's leg. Bragg admitted to biting his daughter a few days earlier, "while playing."

There was one more thing Bragg confessed to while talking to officers. Police say he admitted to sexually assaulting his little girl.

Bragg's FB: https://www.facebook.com/robert.bragg.003

I don't know if I can follow this one. It's all just.. too much. Praying hard for this baby girl.

This just breaks my heart. I am so disgusted with this so called "father". I don't usually believe in violence, but in this case an "eye for an eye" plus more is needed.

What an incredibly vile person.

And again, we see a normal facebook.

Mom has a go-fund-me for her divorce. She has the goal set low, only $400, but nobody has hopped on board.

What an incredibly vile person.

And again, we see a normal facebook.

I don't know that it's "normal". I spent some time on his page and was unable to see anything - whatsoever - that indicated he was married or had a girlfriend. Pictures of cats, pictures of himself, pictures of cars, pictures of another (very pretty) bride featured prominently. Very odd. Additionally, he is seriously "under employed". Something is wrong with this guy that employers could sense.

Prayers for this tiny baby. I do sense that the mother had no idea this was happening and reacted immediately and took the baby to the hospital when she found out.

I think a friend set up the go fund me. I don't see why she'd need funds - surely she isn't going to have to fight for full custody with no visitation rights whatsoever, and it doesn't appear they have any property worth fighting over.

I think she just wants the court fees, that's why it's so low. I don't anticipate she will have any trouble. I've read that she already obtained a restraining order on friday.

This poor sweet baby girl. Praying she pulls through and is surrounded with the love she deserves. :*( This is just too much.

Oh this poor sweet baby. The binky pic broke my heart... :(

I don't know that it's "normal". I spent some time on his page and was unable to see anything - whatsoever - that indicated he was married or had a girlfriend. Pictures of cats, pictures of himself, pictures of cars, pictures of another (very pretty) bride featured prominently. Very odd. Additionally, he is seriously "under employed". Something is wrong with this guy that employers could sense.

Prayers for this tiny baby. I do sense that the mother had no idea this was happening and reacted immediately and took the baby to the hospital when she found out.

I think a friend set up the go fund me. I don't see why she'd need funds - surely she isn't going to have to fight for full custody with no visitation rights whatsoever, and it doesn't appear they have any property worth fighting over.

BBM

His LinkedIn page shows that he can't seem to hold a job for long either.

This poor baby. With serious brain injuries I have to wonder what "recovery" would look like for this little one. Reminds me of Teghan Skiba :(

Prayers for baby R.

If she has no money -- she can ask for ''fee waiver'' --

Can't even imagine having a miracle baby and losing her like that. Seems like a full recovery - if she makes a recovery at all - is quite unlikely. The mother must be devastated.

Mother has stated on Facebook that she is "losing baby to the system" and is now hoping to raise 4k.

September 2014:

The baby's mother, Alicia Bragg, said the minute her husband was arrested she filed a protective order, filed for divorce and moved out.

She said she gave police additional evidence, has cooperated and signed up for parenting classes, but despite all that, she said DHS is placing [the baby] with the suspect's family...

Alicia said she had taken her daughter to the hospital for a spot of blood in her diaper and a bruise on her cheek just a week prior to the abuse being found.

Records show the doctors did not have any concerns and sent her home.

Detectives said it's hard for them to believe Alicia didn't know about the abuse, but also can't fault a new mother for listening to the doctors.

http://m.newson6.com/story.aspx?story=26670181&catId=112042

January 2015:

[The] mother has never been charged with a crime, yet now, four months later, she still doesn't have her daughter back. The baby is still placed with the suspect's brother.

[The baby]'s broken bones and eyes are almost healed, and she's making progress in her weekly physical therapy, according to her mother, Alicia Slader.

Slader gets to see [the baby] one hour, each Monday, Wednesday and Friday, during supervised visits at DHS...

She says on the advice of her last attorney, she did plead no contest to failure to protect and neglect through DHS and is taking parenting classes, CPR, first aid and self defense and getting counseling

http://m.newson6.com/story.aspx?story=27831756&catId=112042

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back