724 users online (132 members and 592 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

jonbenr

I am wondering was JonBenet the smart and extraordinary child everyone made her out to be.

Every time someone describes JonBenet ( her parents, friends, neighbors, media, news, teachers, family members) they describe her as someone who was wise, mature beyond her years, a gift to the world and an Earth Angel.

The Ramsey's Landscaper remember how intelligent JonBenet was, "That's why I never talked to her as if she were just a little kid. I spoke to her pretty much as I would to an adult"

The Landscaper said she asked him questions like:
    "Do roses know their thorns can hurt?"
    "What is a year?"
    He answered

"That's the length of time it takes for the earth to make one trip all around the sun."
    "So I've been around the sun five times?"

Patsy said she did her pageants, did in line skating, arts and crafts, took violin lessons, piano lessons, next year she planned on taking rock climbing lessons.

Remember she was only 6 years old.

When Jonbenet was in church, Patsy describe her as a spiritual person, a person who understood God, she once ask Patsy " Mommy, how much do you love me?" Patsy answered " I love you Daddy and Burke more than anything in the world" JonBenet shook her head and said " No, you're not suppose to love anyone more than Jesus."

Aunt Pam said once when Jonbenet was running around with no shoes she asked her "Jonbenet why don't you have any shoes on?" Jonbenet replied " Aunt Pam I wanna feel the earth under my feet."

People who knew her described her as a gift to the world
    "JonBenet never seemed to whine or want attention like other children, when she was around adults she listened and even joined in the conversations with the adults. "
    But Linda Hoffman-Pugh the House-Keeper described JonBenet as a different person, she spent half of her time picking up after her when she made messes. "She and her brother would just leave everything on the floor; their socks, shoes, toys, books, just everything.

They were never trained to put things away properly."

Linda-Hoffman had said JonBenet sometimes
    acted mean to her, to her it always seemed like JonBenet was upset about something,

One day when she was trying to help JonBenet put on her boots to get
    ready to go JonBenet said to her " Just go away and leave me alone!"

Linda said Every time someone would knock on the door JonBenet would race to the door to open the door telling her " No, don't you answer the door, I'm answering the door."

Aunt Pam: JonBenet why don't you put your shoes on? JonBenet: Because I want to feel the rhythm of the earth under my feet.

JonBenet the extraordinary child

sorry I made the last post to big

I am wondering was JonBenet the smart and extraordinary child everyone made her out to be.
    Every time someone describes JonBenet ( her parents, friends, neighbors, media, news, teachers, family members) they describe her as someone who was wise, mature beyond her years, a gift to the world and an Earth Angel.

The Ramsey's Landscaper remember how intelligent JonBenet was,

"That's why I never talked to her as if she were just a little kid. I spoke to her pretty much as I would to an adult"

The Landscaper said she asked him questions like:

"Do roses know their thorns can hurt?"
    "What is a year?"
    He answered

"That's the length of time it takes for the earth to make one trip all around the sun."
    "So I've been around the sun five times?"

Patsy said she did her pageants, did in line skating, arts and crafts, took violin lessons, piano lessons,
    next year she planned on taking rock climbing lessons.
    Remember she was only 6 years old.

When Jonbenet was in church, Patsy describe her as a spiritual person, a person who understood God, she once ask Patsy " Mommy, how much do you love me?" Patsy answered " I love you Daddy and Burke more than anything in the world" JonBenet shook her head and said " No, you're not suppose to love anyone more than Jesus."

Aunt Pam said once when Jonbenet was running around with no shoes she asked her "Jonbenet why don't you have any shoes on?"
    Jonbenet replied " Aunt Pam I wanna feel the earth under my feet."
    People who knew her described her as a gift to the world

"JonBenet never seemed to whine or want attention like other children, when she was around adults she listened and even joined in the conversations with the adults. "

But Linda Hoffman-Pugh the House-Keeper described JonBenet as a different person, she spent half of her time picking up after her when she made messes. "She and her brother would just leave everything on the floor; their socks, shoes, toys, books, just everything. "They were never trained to put things away properly."

Linda-Hoffman had said JonBenet sometimes
    acted mean to her, to her it always seemed like JonBenet was upset about something,

One day when she was trying to help JonBenet put on her boots to get
    ready to go JonBenet said to her " Just go away and leave me alone!"

Linda said every time someone would knock on the door JonBenet would race to the door to open the door telling her " No, don't you answer the door, I'm answering the door."
    Aunt Pam: JonBenet why don't you put your shoes on? JonBenet: Because I want to feel the rhythm of the earth under my feet.

Could you post a source for your LHP quotes so we can read them in context?

Added: found your source.

Perhaps JonBenet wanted to master her boots herself.

Linda did not say "every time someone would knock on the door JonBenet would race to the door to open the door telling her " No, don't you answer the door, I'm answering the door."

What she said according to Schiller was during a luncheon Patsy was giving, JonBenet would say " No, don't you answer the door, I'm answering the door." Sounds to me like Patsy had given JonBenet the job of answering the door and JonBenet took her job seriously.

She also says JonBenet loved being in pageants and watching Shirley Temple movies. The bedwetting was no big deal to Patsy. Evenings were for the family. They did homework and ate together. Patsy worked on school projects with the kids. She read to them at bedtime.

And LHP said "They weren't naughty children."
    Last edited by tipper; 07-04-2005 at 06:43 PM.

I've read similar quotes assigned to LHP, and think now , as I thought then, that the child may have "reacted" to her. Don't we all have kids that have reacted to someone poorly, where we mistakenly try to "sweeten" it up with a nudge or a whispered, "this isn't like you, behave yourself". Kids are like puppies, going on instinct, they know what is different, what is harsh, what is not what they are use to. Often this results in them not wanting to be in a situation or around a certain person. Time has taught me, they are often right.

some of these "JBR quotes" strike me as being overly sentimental & dubious i don't buy it when someone says that a 6 year old is "wise beyond her years".

Quote Originally Posted by sissi
    I've read similar quotes assigned to LHP, and think now , as I thought then, that the child may have "reacted" to her. Don't we all have kids that have reacted to someone poorly, where we mistakenly try to "sweeten" it up with a nudge or a whispered, "this isn't like you, behave yourself". Kids are like puppies, going on instinct, they know what is different, what is harsh, what is not what they are use to. Often this results in them not wanting to be in a situation or around a certain person. Time has taught me, they are often right.
    I read similar quotes too but I can't remember the whole statements. I have also seen LHP stand on the steps of the courthouse when she and Darnay had their grand jury secrecy lawsuit and complain because she had had to give handwriting samples and Patsy hadn't given any so I take everything she says with a large grain of salt. At first she couldn't say enough nice things about the Ramseys but then she discovered it paid to bad mouth them and her tune changed dramatically. I think she is neither honest nor reliable.

It sounds like JonBenet was a smart little girl,who had her good days and bad days,just like any other child.

I doubt JBR was any different from other children,when somebody dies we tend to remember them through rose coloured glasses.I have read good things and bad things about her behaviour,she lived in a wealthy household,with everything she could wish for.With Patsy as a role model Im sure little Jonnie B could have been real pain at times.

IrishMist is offline You can't control the wind - but you can adjust your sails
    Not to mention that the ages of 5 and 6 are typically "nice" ages, developmentally.

Those were my favorite ages with my kids. So sweet, loving, funny and helpful...
    (Lord, what a difference 10 years makes!!!)

Quote Originally Posted by dingo
    [...]With Patsy as a role model Im sure little Jonnie B could have been real pain at times.
    From Steve Thomas:
    Q. You talk about in your book that JonBenet was an incredible little kid, right? A. Are we on the last page?
    Q. I think it's -- it's page 353 of your hardback?
    A. Right.
    Q. You talk about something that sounds a little bit like something I read in Perfect Murder, Perfect Town about the sun and the rhythm of the earth beneath her feet. "She was an incredible little girl who loved to be tickled. Ms. America was the least she could have been." Am I reading that correctly?
    A. Yes.
    Q. Do you give her parents any credit for that in terms of bringing her up for those six years?
    A. Certainly.

Sadly we,ll never know what influences Patsey would have had in JBRs teenage and adult years.Its also sad that while JBR was alive she had to indure an over powering mother,who seemed only concerned about material things.

You mean material things like going to church, having the family eat dinner together, assisting with homework, family vacations, helping out at your child's school, reading to kids in bed?

Quote Originally Posted by capps
    It sounds like JonBenet was a smart little girl,who had her good days and bad days,just like any other child.
    Well all I am saying is I know when people die there is always something nice to say about them after their death, but the way people describe JonBenet it's like she was out of this world. To me it seems like the people who knew she died went a bit to the extreme to describe the type of persone she was.
    I am sure if was Burke who had gotten murdered no one would describe him the same way they describe JonBenet.

Tagging on
    Well JonBenet and Burke were very different. He seems quite introverted whereas JonBenet seemed quite extroverted. I dont know Guru if JonBenet actually was wise beyond her years, but you know I have met some 6 yr olds that I can honestly say that about.
    I think she was a very capable 6 year old who was very naturally pretty. It wasnt her fault she was known to be bratty, spoilt kids often are and those two kids were very over indulged.
    JonBenet could even do the hula hoop, something I havent mastered yet!

No, I mean parading her daughter around in pagents,showing off her mansion to thousands of people and generally flaunting everything she owned.Of course they ate meals,maybe she did help the kids with their homework,so what.Its just a shame poor Patsey couldnt help JBR when she really needed it, like after her murder.That woman cant even remember bathing 'that child' , she didnt even know what JBR had eaten leading up to her murder.IMO the posters here are more concerned about that little girl than her own will ever be.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast