Status
Not open for further replies.

bessie

Verified Insider
Reaction score

Charlottesville Police Search for Missing UVA Student

Posted: Sep 15, 2014 9:35 AM CST Updated: Sep 15, 2014 6:53 PM CST
By WRIC Newsroom

CHARLOTTESVILLE, Va. (WRIC) -The Charlottesville Police Department announced Monday their investigation into a missing persons incident involving a University of Virginia student.

Hannah Elizabeth Graham is an 18-year-old, white female. She stands at approximately 5'11" tall with a thin build. Hannah has blue eyes, light brown hair and freckles.

She was last seen wearing a black crop top with mesh cut outs. The last contact she had with friends was via text message at 1:20 a.m. on September 13; when her friends and family realized they hadn't had any contact with her since Friday night, they placed a call to the Emergency Communications Center.

[...]

Anyone with information is asked to contact the Charlottesville Police Department at 434-970-3280 or Crimestoppers at 434-977-4000.
Hannah Graham search: Police execute warrant at apartment, but find no sign of missing U.Va. student
By ABC News, ABC 7 News, Associated Press
September 19, 2014 - 10:50 am -- Updated: September 19, 2014 - 12:47 pm

Charlottesville police rushed to an apartment in the 100 block of Hessian Hills Way, off Barracks Road, that they believed was the last place that the 18-year-old was seen - however they found no sign of her. There were people in the apartment, but police have not arrested anyone at this time.
Friday afternoon, September 19, press conference with Chief Longo and Charlottesville PD. Chief Longo begins at about 13:00.
http://www.wdbj7.com/news/local/watch-live-backup-livestreaming/25755784
Sunday afternoon, September 21, press conference
http://www.wdbj7.com/news/local/3-p...uled-for-hannah-graham-investigation/28176918

VA - Hannah Graham, UVA Student, 09.13.14, Media, Maps, Photos, etc **NO DISCUSSION**

Hannah-Graham-SAR Thread

Thread #1
Thread #2 Thread #3 Thread #4 Thread#5 Thread #6 Thread #7 Thread #8 Thread #9

what is this about gloves ? he is an orderly right ? so his job would require gloves..

There's been way too much speculation about race on this one. People are saying, oh, just cause JM is black, he's the suspect?! The difference is that WG came forward about what he saw, has been cooperative and even approached police about seeing her before he was ever identified in video as following her. He did everything he could to try to help. JM has done the opposite. It's the behavior that makes you a suspect and not your race. THOSE are the differences between the two guys (oh and the fact that JM was seen with her well after WG left the scene).

That is NOT the reason why JM is being sought and not this WG. Wouldn't make a bit of difference if JM came forward. He'd be in as much trouble or more even if he were innocent, and it has nothing to do with color either. You had better believe that LE tracked WG's movements after he was seen on the film and wanted to know what he did afterwards That he is not the last to be with Hannah was also helpful.

JM has the problem that both he and Hannah disappeared off tape after they left at Tempo. So he's the one left holding the proverbial bag and LE can't follow what he did thereafter That's where the problem is. Plus they somehow found out he had a car in the area. So unless JM has an alibi, can prove he left Hannah and the area alone shortly after being with her at Tempo, he has a serious problem. Has nothing to do with cooperation on the part of WG. If WG disappeared into thin air, had a car at the place, LE would be checking him out too. The fact is probably that he left the area and Hannah was then with JM.

The attorney probably told JM that the best thing he could do was not to say anything to LE and lie low.

Thank you Bessie !

:tyou: :cupcake:

We gotta be wearing you mods out, your hard work is very much appreciated!

A wanted poster for a traffic violation.

Thanks Bessie! Nice clean thread! Can you perhaps do a favor, as there is no mention of this thread on the end of the old one as is usual, and many newbies won't be able to navigate perhaps without such!

:tyou:

ETA: Then again,

There are currently 155 users browsing this thread. (68 members and 87 guests)

Are they still out searching today? Or have any big searches planned again? At what point do they scale back a search over there? We had a little boy go missing here in Aus the day before Hannah and they scaled back his search yesterday.

@Stones, Can you provide an example from this site where someone has alleged that JM is a POI because of his race and for no other reason? I think this is a straw man argument that could be put to bed.

Thanks Bessie! Nice clean thread! Can you perhaps do a favor, as there is no mention of this thread on the end of the old one as is usual, and many newbies won't be able to navigate perhaps without such!

:tyou:
I added the link before I closed the thread, ATL. ;)

It was an hour long derailment here that meant pretty much nothing. :)

It was hardly that long. I said one thing about the gloves and everyone jumped on me for it - I didn't say that they were evidence or significant in any way. Anyway moving on :)

A wanted poster for a traffic violation.

I personally think the wanted poster was made and put out there because they are afraid to lose him. If everyone is aware that he is wanted it may be harder for him to flee just in case he is who made HG disappear. JMO

LE wants this case to be the new MH370.
A major international incident/circus.

<modsnip>

I would like to know what direction JLM was traveling when he evaded police at a high rate of speed.....for example if he was headed towards I-64 its possible he's headed to the Hampton Roads area and familiar surroundings.

I am about 20 pages behind, so I'm sorry if this has been answered, but the photo on the wanted poster was taken at the DMV. He must have renewed his license or something.

Melissa Hipolit tweeted

Just spotted what appeared to be some FBI agents or undercover detectives in the Starbucks parking lot in CVille. @CBS6 #HannahGraham

They aren't very good undercover cops if she's spotted them are they? Lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members