GUILTY FL - Jordan Davis, 17, shot to death, Satellite Beach, 23 Nov 2012 #9

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tricia

Manager Websleuths.com
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Thanks for the thread! Much appreciated!

FWIW I live in Florida, and I'm hopeful the jury instructions given in this case are *extremely clear*, no ambiguities.

However, depending on Dunn's lawyers, I'd expect a great deal of obfuscation and "trying the victim" strategy. This stated, he's probably not going to make himself an easy to deal with client, no matter how great his lawyer is.

A nice clean thread. thank you trici a!

Thanks for all the tweets folks . Has there been a projection of when online streaming of the trial will start?

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

Thanks a bunch for the new thread!!! Good morning all, we're back under way.

@WJXTHailey: Attorneys have asked 8 jurors from yesterday more in-depth questions so far this morning in #MichaelDunn jury selection.

@WJXTHailey: #MichaelDunn, once again, in white long-sleeved shirt and dark tie, listens to potential juror interviews about his upcoming retrial.

A nice clean thread. thank you trici a!

Thanks for all the tweets folks . Has there been a projection of when online streaming of the trial will start?

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

After jury selection. Expected to take 3 days.

@WJXTHailey: Out of original 100 potential jurors yesterday, 50 have been excused, 50 are continuing on. #MichaelDunn

@WJXTHailey: 40 brand new jurors walking into courtroom now. #MichaelDunn

@WJXTHailey: Judge Healey hopes #MichaelDunn trial will start Thursday morning.

@WJXTHailey: Break until 12:30 in #MichaelDunn jury selection retrial

Why is he being re-tried? Wasn't he convicted? Or is this just his appeal?

Dunn was convicted of the attempted murder charges against the other 3 guys in the car. The jury was hung with regards to the death of Jordan Davis.

Sounds like they have a pool of 66 jurors to pick from. They need 12 jurors with 4 alternates.

Deleted

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@WJXTvic: Court about to start for day 3 of jury selection in #MichaelDunn retrial. Judge says he hopes to seat a 12-person jury today. #DunnTrial

@WJXTvic: Parents of #JordanDavis are in courtroom, sitting together in back left. They've been here everyday for #MichaelDunn trial jury selection.

@WJXTvic: #MichaelDunn is wearing a dark suit with a dark blue shirt and black and grey tie. His hair is parted in the middle and slicked back.

@WJXTvic: Judge says 2 potential jurors are MIA, so that's why day 3 of #MichaelDunn jury selection hasn't

@WJXTvic: #MichaelDunn's atty questioned juror 43, B/M, bc he posted on FB about 1st trial. She says he showed sympathy. Juror said he'd be fair.

@WJXTvic: #MichaelDunn's lead attorney Waffa Hanania being very thorough, doing research on social media pages to look for biases in potential jurors

@WJXTvic: Day 3 of jury selection for #MichaelDunn retrial is underway. I'm in the courtroom tweeting details (@WJXTVic).... http://t.co/geSw8rWDff

@WJXTvic: Judge reminds #MichaelDunn potential jurors to stay off social media. Says he's watching and some posted last night.

@WJXTvic: Racial makeup of #MichaelDunn potential jurors -

42 White
19 African American
3 Asian
2 Hispanic

(from best of my knowledge)

#DunnTrial

@WJXTvic: Judge on sequestration - everyone will have own hotel room, plus big room to watch TV, movies, read, can use PC w/ supervision #MichaelDunn

@LeslieANjax: Mornin' all! Back in court. Expected to be final day of jury selection in #MichaelDunn trial. Updates here all day. http://t.co/7zco4hdzEp

@LeslieANjax: Judge asking #JordanDavis family not to let potential jurors see them talking to demonstrators, supporters outside courthouse. #MichaelDunn

@LeslieANjax: Juror #43 being asked about Facebook page. Posted about prior trial in February. #MichaelDunn #JordanDavis

@LeslieANjax: Potential jurors filing in now. Late start due to late arrival of one. #MichaelDunn #JordanDavis

@LeslieANjax: Judge asking potential jurors if they got on social media last night.. He knows at least one did. #MichaelDunn #JordanDavis

@LeslieANjax: Judge says social media accounts of potential jurors are being monitored. #MichaelDunn #JordanDavis

@LeslieANjax: Judge again says jury should be chosen today. Opening statements tomorrow. #MichaelDunn #JordanDavis

@LeslieANjax: State attorney Angela Corey asking potential jurors about race. Says she would be "remiss if she didn't hit this topic head on."

@LeslieANjax: Juror #24 believes race played a factor in #MichaelDunn case. #JordanDavis

@LeslieANjax: Juror #113 sympathized with George Zimmerman. Says Zimmerman shouldn't have been prosecuted. Said he would have done the same thing.

@LeslieANjax: Angela Corey asking potential jurors if they're "addicted" to crime shows. #MichaelDunn #JordanDavis

@LeslieANjax: Angela Corey asking potential jurors if they watch "CSI." Reminds them it's fiction. #MichaelDunn #JordanDavis

@LeslieANjax: Side note: It's FREEZING in the courtroom today. :) #MichaelDunn #JordanDavis

@LeslieANjax: Taking a 20 min break. #MichaelDunn #JordanDavis

I think it's going to be pretty difficult to get a totally impartial jury. I think it's too easy to say, yes, I can put aside my opinions and be fair. That's easier said than done. Once your mind is made up, it's very hard to change it, even if you're honest about your desire to be impartial. But at least they're being honest.

@LeslieANjax: After the break, #MichaelDunn defense team will be asking questions of final 66 potential jurors. #JordanDavis

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong