1074 users online (178 members and 896 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 91 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast

VA - Hannah Elizabeth Graham, 18, Charlottesville, 13 Sept 2014 - #12

Charlottesville Police Search for Missing UVA Student

Posted: Sep 15, 2014 9:35 AM CST Updated: Sep 15, 2014 6:53 PM CST
    By WRIC Newsroom

CHARLOTTESVILLE, Va. (WRIC) -The Charlottesville Police Department announced Monday their investigation into a missing persons incident involving a University of Virginia student.

Hannah Elizabeth Graham is an 18-year-old, white female. She stands at approximately 5'11" tall with a thin build. Hannah has blue eyes, light brown hair and freckles.

She was last seen wearing a black crop top with mesh cut outs. The last contact she had with friends was via text message at 1:20 a.m. on September 13; when her friends and family realized they hadn't had any contact with her since Friday night, they placed a call to the Emergency Communications Center.

[...]

Anyone with information is asked to contact the Charlottesville Police Department at 434-970-3280 or Crimestoppers at 434-977-4000.
    Hannah Graham search: Police execute warrant at apartment, but find no sign of missing U.Va. student
    By ABC News, ABC 7 News, Associated Press
    September 19, 2014 - 10:50 am -- Updated: September 19, 2014 - 12:47 pm

Charlottesville police rushed to an apartment in the 100 block of Hessian Hills Way, off Barracks Road, that they believed was the last place that the 18-year-old was seen - however they found no sign of her. There were people in the apartment, but police have not arrested anyone at this time.
    Friday afternoon, September 19, press conference with Chief Longo and Charlottesville PD. Chief Longo begins at about 13:00.
    http://www.wdbj7.com/news/local/watc...aming/25755784
    Sunday afternoon, September 21, press conference
    http://www.wdbj7.com/news/local/3-pm...ation/28176918

VA - Hannah Graham, UVA Student, 09.13.14, Media, Maps, Photos, etc **NO DISCUSSION**

Hannah Graham SAR Thread

Thread #1
    Thread #2 Thread #3 Thread #4 Thread#5 Thread #6 Thread #7 Thread #8 Thread #9 Thread #10 Thread #11
    PODCAST ROW

WEBSLEUTHS ON FACEBOOK

Please take a few minutes to review "the rules".

PODCAST ROW

WEBSLEUTHS ON FACEBOOK

bookmarking

I'm still not understanding why, if LE knows exactly where JM is, they have plastered up a wanted poster everywhere and told the public to earnestly keep an eye out. I don't understand at all. (I'm genuinely curious as to a simple potential explanation for this tactic)

http://abcnews.go.com/US/hannah-grah...ry?id=25677711

Matthew's car, a burnt orange 1998 Chrysler coupe, has been seized by police. Police have also previously searched Matthew's apartment and served a search warrant for his phone.

Lots of cars in the surrounding area of charlottesville look like that. just sayin
    It's my opinion if no link provided.

Misspellings due to fat fingers

Words matter.

You don't know what you don't know.

fresh thread, fresh discussion

By the time forensics come back and a presser is set up, I will be stuck at the dinner table and actually have to be talking to people.

Subscribing.

Quote Originally Posted by SweetT View Post
    Someone back aways did a search for average pay for his job as a patient transporter and avg pay was 25 k.. That's where it came from.. Not his car or classism
    But for a single man with an apartment that he shares with two people, 25000 may be enough. We don't know if he works a lot of over time. We don't know if he has a side job or has money from somewhere before... no one knows his financial status. I remember the post about what he makes, add that to the car and people are jumping to conclusions based on it. Frankly , his income has no bearing on his crimes or his reasoning for being a POI... rich people get in trouble with the law also.

Carried over from the previous thread for informational purposes:

The information below is taken directly from the va.gov web page for f.a.qs on labor laws. You can read their faqs page in its entirety here

Virginia is an employment-at-will state; this means the employer may terminate any employee at any time, for any reason, or for no reason. As a general rule, therefore, the employee has no right to challenge the termination. There are a few very limited exceptions. For example, an employee may not be discriminated against or terminated because he has filed a safety complaint or exercised his rights under OSHA law. Virginia Code 40.1-51.2:1. Also, federal law protects employees from discrimination because of age, race, sex, religion, national origin or handicap.

Quote Originally Posted by loveisthemovement View Post
    By the time forensics come back and a presser is set up, I will be stuck at the dinner table and actually have to be talking to people.
    O/T....I was forced to buy a crockpot...jmo
    and there are many a good sleuth in these forums who can tell you how to do the spot clean, house fresh, had a productive day in about 5 mins flat for those cases where...well like Hannah's.

jmo
    Always do the right thing because you do enough things you think are right that end up being wrong-my dad-RIP 1/19/2013

Quote Originally Posted by franco View Post
    if he is innocent though , they could get sued for firing him.

his excuse is he needs to take medical or personal leave. im being framed for a crime I did not commit.
    Not here in GA... you can be fired for ANY reason - in fact, they do not even have to give you a reason....therefore, no lawsuit for letting you go (not showing up would be the reason given, I'm sure, anyway). Again - I am not sure about employment law in VA.

Quote Originally Posted by Hejlena View Post
    I don't know how he did it, but I can tell you as a recovering alcoholic who never paid her bills or debts I was still able to be very drunk go on trips and was a regular in most of the bars around my area. Upscale?? LOL no, but not the seediest either.

Just giving my own experience I don't know if he is an alcoholic or addict.
    I'm also an alcoholic in recovery and when you're a female you can go into any bar and get any drinks pretty much for free LOL. I was thinking about Hannah and when I was her age and someone offered me alcohol, I would take it, free alcohol are you kidding? I also always had money to do things I wanted to do, but not for the bills or the cars. It was kind of like drinking was my hobby.

Re: commotion at Barracks from end of last thread

https://mobile.twitter.com/PeggyTV/s...66464628486145

Quote Originally Posted by MJPeony View Post
    I'm still not understanding why, if LE knows exactly where JM is, they have plastered up a wanted poster everywhere and told the public to earnestly keep an eye out. I don't understand at all. (I'm genuinely curious as to a simple potential explanation for this tactic)
    WHO said LE knows where she is? I have not heard that implied anywhere. tia

Page 1 of 91 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast