Status
Not open for further replies.

bessie

Verified Insider
Reaction score

Charlottesville Police Search for Missing UVA Student

Posted: Sep 15, 2014 9:35 AM CST Updated: Sep 15, 2014 6:53 PM CST
By WRIC Newsroom

CHARLOTTESVILLE, Va. (WRIC) -The Charlottesville Police Department announced Monday their investigation into a missing persons incident involving a University of Virginia student.

Hannah Elizabeth Graham is an 18-year-old, white female. She stands at approximately 5'11" tall with a thin build. Hannah has blue eyes, light brown hair and freckles.

She was last seen wearing a black crop top with mesh cut outs. The last contact she had with friends was via text message at 1:20 a.m. on September 13; when her friends and family realized they hadn't had any contact with her since Friday night, they placed a call to the Emergency Communications Center.

[...]

Anyone with information is asked to contact the Charlottesville Police Department at 434-970-3280 or Crimestoppers at 434-977-4000.
Hannah Graham search: Police execute warrant at apartment, but find no sign of missing U.Va. student
By ABC News, ABC 7 News, Associated Press
September 19, 2014 - 10:50 am -- Updated: September 19, 2014 - 12:47 pm

Charlottesville police rushed to an apartment in the 100 block of Hessian Hills Way, off Barracks Road, that they believed was the last place that the 18-year-old was seen - however they found no sign of her. There were people in the apartment, but police have not arrested anyone at this time.
Friday afternoon, September 19, press conference with Chief Longo and Charlottesville PD. Chief Longo begins at about 13:00.
http://www.wdbj7.com/news/local/watch-live-backup-livestreaming/25755784
Sunday afternoon, September 21, press conference
http://www.wdbj7.com/news/local/3-p...uled-for-hannah-graham-investigation/28176918

VA - Hannah Graham, UVA Student, 09.13.14, Media, Maps, Photos, etc **NO DISCUSSION**

Hannah Graham SAR Thread

Thread #1
Thread #2 Thread #3 Thread #4 Thread#5 Thread #6 Thread #7 Thread #8 Thread #9 Thread #10 Thread #11

I'm still not understanding why, if LE knows exactly where JM is, they have plastered up a wanted poster everywhere and told the public to earnestly keep an eye out. I don't understand at all. (I'm genuinely curious as to a simple potential explanation for this tactic)

By the time forensics come back and a presser is set up, I will be stuck at the dinner table and actually have to be talking to people. :giggle:

Someone back aways did a search for average pay for his job as a patient transporter and avg pay was 25 k.. That's where it came from.. Not his car or classism

But for a single man with an apartment that he shares with two people, 25000 may be enough. We don't know if he works a lot of over time. We don't know if he has a side job or has money from somewhere before... no one knows his financial status. I remember the post about what he makes, add that to the car and people are jumping to conclusions based on it. Frankly , his income has no bearing on his crimes or his reasoning for being a POI... rich people get in trouble with the law also.

Carried over from the previous thread for informational purposes:

The information below is taken directly from the va.gov web page for f.a.qs on labor laws. You can read their faqs page in its entirety here

Virginia is an employment-at-will state; this means the employer may terminate any employee at any time, for any reason, or for no reason. As a general rule, therefore, the employee has no right to challenge the termination. There are a few very limited exceptions. For example, an employee may not be discriminated against or terminated because he has filed a safety complaint or exercised his rights under OSHA law. Virginia Code § 40.1-51.2:1. Also, federal law protects employees from discrimination because of age, race, sex, religion, national origin or handicap.

By the time forensics come back and a presser is set up, I will be stuck at the dinner table and actually have to be talking to people. :giggle:

O/T....I was forced to buy a crockpot...jmo
and there are many a good sleuth in these forums who can tell you how to do the spot clean, house fresh, had a productive day in about 5 mins flat for those cases where...well like Hannah's.

jmo

if he is innocent though , they could get sued for firing him.

his excuse is he needs to take medical or personal leave. im being framed for a crime I did not commit.

Not here in GA... you can be fired for ANY reason - in fact, they do not even have to give you a reason....therefore, no lawsuit for letting you go (not showing up would be the reason given, I'm sure, anyway). Again - I am not sure about employment law in VA.

I don't know how he did it, but I can tell you as a recovering alcoholic who never paid her bills or debts I was still able to be very drunk go on trips and was a regular in most of the bars around my area. Upscale?? LOL no, but not the seediest either.

Just giving my own experience I don't know if he is an alcoholic or addict.

I'm also an alcoholic in recovery and when you're a female you can go into any bar and get any drinks pretty much for free LOL. I was thinking about Hannah and when I was her age and someone offered me alcohol, I would take it, free alcohol are you kidding? I also always had money to do things I wanted to do, but not for the bills or the cars. It was kind of like drinking was my hobby.

I'm still not understanding why, if LE knows exactly where JM is, they have plastered up a wanted poster everywhere and told the public to earnestly keep an eye out. I don't understand at all. (I'm genuinely curious as to a simple potential explanation for this tactic)

WHO said LE knows where she is? I have not heard that implied anywhere. tia

ok it is "tomorrow afternoon" where are our forensics? this is getting ridiculous.

I don't think it's either here nor there but every employer I've ever worked for requires you to approve your medical personal vacation time in advance. Of course that wouldn't count being hit by a car and having to retroactively take those days but again I don't think you can just take off from work for days or weeks at a time and then come back and say oh that was personal time--The real world doesn't work that way.

Could it be to get his face out there so people who may have seen him that night will call in to LE and provide possibly-valuable tips? (This is just a guess, obv.)

There is absolutely no tread on Jesse Matthews' tires. If he were to ever drive into mud he would never make it out. ;-)

Mud was found 'somewhere' ON THE CAR and was linked up thread. :)

Quote Originally Posted by franco View Post
if he is innocent though , they could get sued for firing him.

his excuse is he needs to take medical or personal leave. im being framed for a crime I did not commit.

How is he being framed? He had traffic violations - there is a warrant out for his arrest. The police also want to speak to him. He is a person of interest. He is not being framed. He is not showing up to work and from what I can see, by his own will... of course, he is missing now also... we believe that he has chosen to disappear, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JR Rainwater