Status
Not open for further replies.

bessie

Verified Insider
Reaction score

Charlottesville Police Search for Missing UVA Student

Posted: Sep 15, 2014 9:35 AM CST Updated: Sep 15, 2014 6:53 PM CST
By WRIC Newsroom

CHARLOTTESVILLE, Va. (WRIC) -The Charlottesville Police Department announced Monday their investigation into a missing persons incident involving a University of Virginia student.

Hannah Elizabeth Graham is an 18-year-old, white female. She stands at approximately 5'11" tall with a thin build. Hannah has blue eyes, light brown hair and freckles.

She was last seen wearing a black crop top with mesh cut outs. The last contact she had with friends was via text message at 1:20 a.m. on September 13; when her friends and family realized they hadn't had any contact with her since Friday night, they placed a call to the Emergency Communications Center.

[...]

Anyone with information is asked to contact the Charlottesville Police Department at 434-970-3280 or Crimestoppers at 434-977-4000.
Hannah Graham search: Police execute warrant at apartment, but find no sign of missing U.Va. student
By ABC News, ABC 7 News, Associated Press
September 19, 2014 - 10:50 am -- Updated: September 19, 2014 - 12:47 pm

Charlottesville police rushed to an apartment in the 100 block of Hessian Hills Way, off Barracks Road, that they believed was the last place that the 18-year-old was seen - however they found no sign of her. There were people in the apartment, but police have not arrested anyone at this time. Tuesday evening, September 23 press conference -- arrest warrant issued for abduction with intent to defile
Friday afternoon, September 19, press conference with Chief Longo and Charlottesville PD. Chief Longo begins at about 13:00.
http://www.wdbj7.com/news/local/watch-live-backup-livestreaming/25755784
Sunday afternoon, September 21, press conference
http://www.wdbj7.com/news/local/3-p...uled-for-hannah-graham-investigation/28176918

Tuesday evening, September 23 press conference -- arrest warrant issued for abduction with intent to defile
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EpYXWyaKnp4

VA - Hannah Graham, UVA Student, 09.13.14, Media, Maps, Photos, etc **NO DISCUSSION**

Hannah Graham SAR Thread

Thread #1
Thread #2 Thread #3 Thread #4 Thread#5 Thread #6 Thread #7 Thread #8 Thread #9 Thread #10 Thread #11 Thread #12

Does anyone think that Hannah could possibly be somewhere and be hurt? I'm sorry if this has been brought up, but I was having a heck of a time logging in tonight, probably because there are so many users on here. So I hope I'm not repeating what everyone's been talking about.

FOX has had a guy in C-ville for a week named Ted Williams, a former detective.

He said tonight that one of the first things reported was how good of a guy JM is. He said he has heard, in his local interviews, the exact opposite. He said of Matthew, "one Weird Dude" and that's a quote.

"One Weird Dude." Maybe he will elaborate tomorrow, if it's something fit for TV.

'

Does anyone think that Hannah could possibly be somewhere and be hurt?

I was praying this was the case earlier in. So much time has passed if she didn't have access to water/food.......Sigh

Does anyone think that Hannah could possibly be somewhere and be hurt? I'm sorry if this has been brought up, but I was having a heck of a time logging in tonight, probably because there are so many users on here. So I hope I'm not repeating what everyone's been talking about.

Sadly, no; I think she was gone before most of us had heard of Hannah Graham.

Bringing this over from the last thread (was typing when the new one started), so apologies if the quotes get messed up:

I work for a very large hospital and it's very difficult to steal drugs from one. Most have eliminated handwritten scripts. The meds are kept in locked drawers. A login must be used to open them and they have to be scanned. He's a transporter to and from the OR. They're not in the room when the drugs are started. Any anesthesiologist worth their salt holds on to their meds.

BBM

Yes. This. As I said earlier, my husband is an anesthesiologist. The drugs are monitored very closely and reports checked to make sure accurate quantities are used and the remnants returned to the pharmacy. And if they aren't, the doctor is the one getting the phone call from the pharmacy, so it's in their interest to make sure they are accounted for.

My husband has worked in academic hospitals his entire career thus far and has never even had a prescription pad. And to call in drugs, he would need a doctor's DEA number.

I'm not saying it's completely impossible, but it certainly isn't easy, or in my opinion, likely in this particular instance based on what we know.

I posted this earlier, but can't remember where.

I wonder if they found HG dna in his car, but haven't yet gotten JM dna results back. Anyone know how long a dna match would take?

His family is probably terrified and confused. At this point, they still believe in him. I hope they are not hiding him. Would be best if he did not tell them where he was headed, if he knew. Jmo

I presume if what I believe happened, happened; I think that Hannah was terrified and confused.
Yes, I agree, it must be very difficult to believe a beloved family member could be (IMO, is), involved in this case.
I hope so too.
Would be best to tell them the truth; or at least his made up version of the truth, turn himself in, get an attorney appointed or pay for an attorney and go from there.

wanted-poster-no-ss.jpg

IMO if he drugged Hannah those kinds of drugs can be obtained off the street

Some interesting comments on Parker Slaybaugh's latest FB post..

Not trying to be rude here...just want to make the point...several have mentioned maybe he could have accessed drugs at the hospital where he worked....many others have said no, not possible. Just want to add this...it is also very difficult for a 32 year old man to walk away with a 5'11" teenager and no person witness it. So, yeah...I mean, i get what you guys are saying those who work in hospitals, I am just saying you have to think like a criminal...nothing is impossible to a criminal...just my little .02 there...

Well, I'll be darned. I thought for sure they hadn't actually lost him this past weekend. Dang.

Does anyone think that Hannah could possibly be somewhere and be hurt?

I think that it was/is a possibility that is diminishing by the minutes going by. There are all sort of possibilites here, with some of the statistically more possible than others. It's been over a week since Hannah disappeared, and in such cases, I believe the chances are very small that a victim in such a case is still alive. Not that it has not happened. There have been a number of cases where missing persons have reappeared after years. But this case is different in that It fits a rather typical profile where the victim is usually dead by now. I am hoping otherwise.

It is entirely possible that JM just threw Hannah somewhere remote, and she is still alive. Perhaps her memory is affected. Perhaps she is getting by on what she can scrounge. Hopefully, JM tells LE where he left Hannah, adn she is traced.

My guess intent to defile came from his browser history or text messages to another person compounded with circumstantial evidence and/or physical evidence.

Perhaps there was another person and that is who Longo is talking to in the press conferences....b/c it seems like he is talking to someone specific, trying to get them to come forward. Like he knows this person exists b/c after searching JM's phone they saw a damning conversation between the two.

Most people involved in nefarious activities use prepaid phones from Walmart and there is no way to find out who they are.

Thinking out loud (and sorry if this has been discussed already)---I'm wondering if this guy's occupation in the medical field could somehow have played a role in the disposal of Hannah, either location wise or method wise. Also wondering if he got any drugs from the hospital.
JMO, but I would not think this likely, either for the drugs or the disposal of the body. JLM is a native of the Charlottesville area and we know he has lived and has family in various rural areas within a half hour or so of C'ville. Given how thick the undergrowth of vegetation is in Virginia forests and fields, it seems far more likely to me that IF HG is no longer alive and JLM is responsible, he would have found it fairly easy to dump a body where it wouldn't be likely to be found so quickly or easily.

Also, in regard to Longo's comment about HG's world being turned around/upside down, I think that statement is vague and open to many different interpretations, unless it was clarified by Longo after the Friday press conference. Having looked repeatedly at the videos of Hannah on Grady and Preston Avenues, I still find it extremely difficult to believe she was lost. If you weren't sure where you were going after leaving that pub, it seems so unlikely you would continue down Preston Ave, where hardly any people or businesses are, and keep moving deliberately towards the downtown mall. I feel certain that LE must have an idea of what her intentions were by now, but the general public is not privy to that information now.

Did HG know JLM already? We don't know. Somebody suggested perhaps she had a crush on him, but really? I'd find it hard to believe undergrad would have a crush on a C'ville townie in his 30s who likes to hang out by himself at downtown bars and has a low-paying blue collar job. I realize how snobbish that sounds, but I really can't see how they would ever be moving in the same social circles at all. Yes it's a generalization, but town and gown rarely mingled when I was at UVa. Perhaps she was determined to find somebody, but I have a hard time believing it would be JLM, at least not for romantic interests. I don't even want to speculate what other reasons she could possibly have for meeting up with him, specifically.

Sorry, no. She is gone. It is just one of those things that people can sense who have these kinds of senses about things.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GravityHurts