MO - Grief & protests follow shooting of teen Michael Brown #23

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blue_Dolphin308

We can't help everyone, But everyone can help some
Reaction score
The fatal shooting of an unarmed black teenager Saturday by a police officer in a St. Louis suburb came after a struggle for the officer’s gun, police officials said Sunday, in an explanation that met with outrage and skepticism in the largely African-American community.The killing of the youth, Michael Brown, 18, ignited protests on Saturday and Sunday in Ferguson, Mo., a working-class suburb of about 20,000 residents. Hundreds of people gathered at the scene of the shooting to question the police and to light candles for Mr. Brown, who was planning to begin college classes on Monday.
Mr. Brown’s stepfather, Louis Head, held a cardboard sign that said, “Ferguson police just executed my unarmed son.”

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/08/11/us/police-say-mike-brown-was-killed-after-struggle-for-gun.html

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...own-St-Louis&p=10861113&posted=1#post10861113

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...-teen-Michael-Brown-2&p=10867195#post10867195

Media Thread

Thread #1

Thread #2

Thread #3

Thread #4

Thread #5

Thread #6

Thread #7

Thread #8

Thread #9

Thread #10

Thread #11

Thread #12

Thread #13

Thread #14

Thread #15

Thread #16

Thread #17

Thread #18

Thread #19

Thread #20

Thread #21

Thread #22

:modstop:

A couple of things:

1) We are not going to allow links to blogs in this case without prior approval. And approvals will be tough to get.

2) Posts directed at other posters rather than the case will earn a TO without explanation. If you have a problem with another member, use the alert feature and scroll on by OR use the ignore feature and keep it to yourself

Bringing over from previous thread.....

Klood-N

Community Meeting hosted by the Department of Justice
Time: 7pm CST
Location: St. Louis Community College, Florissant Valley Campus (3400 Pershall Road)
The Special Litigation Section of the Civil Rights Division, U.S. Department of Justice, is conducting an investigation of the Ferguson Police Department. They will be hosting a community meeting to discuss the goals of the investigation and to answer any questions from the community. Click here for the official flyer.
http://us5.campaign-archive2.com/?u=...&id=7f698c6f24

I'm finding it kinda scary to contemplate what will go on at this meeting.

This would have never happened like this if the police would not of crossed the road like that they did this on purpose.
https://twitter.com/stldagger/status/514676829286711296

Police can cross the road. People cannot legally block the road, attack police, fire guns, loot, burn, and riot. There is no reasoning with the unreasonable. They're so biased against LE and authority, seems everything is someone else's fault.

Ignorance is bliss when it comes to this mess. My free time has been limited so I've not had enough time to follow this lately. I have been happy thinking the citizens were finally using their brains and just hanging on the sidelines until the GJ makes any decision. I guess it was all wishful thinking.

i'm wondering if ferguson's police chief's hands are tied. all he has to do is issue a press release that the following rules/laws re: protests will be immediately be enforced. anybody not conforming to these, for the safety of our residents and businesses, will be immediately arrested.

imo the mayor & police chief are not enforcing the law & are allowing this silliness to continue.

Rocks thrown at police, business vandalized, 7 arrested in Ferguson Tuesday

St. Louis County Police said they received four calls for “shots fired” starting at 9:03 p.m.

Around 4:00 a.m., authorities opened a new investigation after someone threw a Molotov cocktail at a towing company that contracts with the city of Ferguson.
http://www.kmov.com/special-coverag...ing-in-Ferguson-looting-stores-276870991.html

i'm wondering if ferguson's police chief's hands are tied. all he has to do is issue a press release that the following rules/laws re: protests will be immediately be enforced. anybody not conforming to these, for the safety of our residents and businesses, will be immediately arrested.

imo the mayor & police chief are not enforcing the law & are allowing this silliness to continue.

I can't tell if it's this Administration's involvement, Holder's investigation, or being "sensitive" as the Mayor stated recently, but it isn't working. Residents are now organizing and calling for laws to be enforced. No one should be held hostage or attacked in their vehicle for driving down a road. Those voices are the ones that need to be heeded, IMO.

I can't tell if it's this Administration's involvement, Holder's investigation, or being "sensitive" as the Mayor stated recently, but it isn't working. Residents are now organizing and calling for laws to be enforced. No one should be held hostage or attacked in their vehicle for driving down a road. Those voices are the ones that need to be heeded, IMO.

ITA. At some point, their obligations to the law-abiding citizens in the community need to outweigh whatever sensitivity or tolerance they think they need to extend to the lawless.

I just can't understand why they're continuing to allow this sort of thing to go on.

Ferguson pd: Molotov cocktail thrown into auto shop about 4:30am that Ferguson police use to store impounded cars.

Well, that's perfectly safe. Auto shops don't usually have anything flammable or combustible lying around. :facepalm:

Just another night of peaceful protests in Ferguson, where lawless thugs are permitted to run amok.

Paul Hampel @phampel · 4m

#Ferguson McCulloch on KTRS: said he has never had any contact with Gov Nixon re: Darren Wilson grand jury

#
Ferguson
McCulloch: "We have had a lot of communication with federal authorities on this (case) and the FBI."

#Ferguson McCulloch on KTRS: Grand jury will be finished hearing evidence in late Oct or early Nov. Did not say when ruling would come.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ignoreme123