1347 users online (199 members and 1148 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Welcome to Anna's forum BobbieA! Great find on Joe Ford's blog. I would have never seen it. It had never occured to me to check there, thinking anyone following this case would have known of Joe's passing a few years back. I guess that means I shouldn't assume......... AFAIK, no one here had seen it. It hasn't been mentioned in a thread that I am aware of.

Is anyone on blogger to respond to this inquiry? I'd love to research this possibility further.
    ~JMO~

A grandfather is someone with silver in his hair and gold in his heart. ~Author Unknown

Long Lost Love - Discovery ID - Disappeared - Bob Harrod Case

You can now purchase Mr. Harrod's Disappeared episode through Amazon, iTunes or YouTube.

Quote Originally Posted by Cubby View Post
    Welcome to Anna's forum BobbieA! Great find on Joe Ford's blog. I would have never seen it. It had never occured to me to check there, thinking anyone following this case would have known of Joe's passing a few years back. I guess that means I shouldn't assume......... AFAIK, no one here had seen it. It hasn't been mentioned in a thread that I am aware of.

Is anyone on blogger to respond to this inquiry? I'd love to research this possibility further.
    I have a google acct which blogger seems to be associated with.
    The blogger, MT who commented on Joes blog is not open to contact from what I see.
    I'm not sure how to track her down rather than wait and pray she goes back to see my comment to contact me.
    Anyone else gave any suggestions?
    Anna Christian Waters Web Page
    www.searchingforanna.com

Anna Christian Water's WS Forum
    www.websleuths.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=104

Search FB: Anna Christian Waters
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/annachristianwaters/

No other suggestions, hopefully MT will find your post and contact you.

Giving more thought to Doogie's post above, it occured to me Anna might have been told she is an orphan and is unaware she has living family looking for her. If that is the case, she might be trying to find out about her roots via the newer family tree dna testing sites. I'm not sure if this has been suggested before. I think I may have and this is something that might be considered or reconsidered as technology advances.

I think these are two of the more popular sites out there.
    https://www.23andme.com/
    https://www.familytreedna.com/

I know the interest continually increases. I would love to do this myself and am fascinated by the PBS Finding Your Roots series. http://video.pbs.org/program/finding-your-roots/

Brody was an oddball, a loner. If he and GW had any involvement in Anna being 'adopted out', I think it's possible someone was fed a story about Anna being orphaned at 4 or 5.
    ~JMO~

A grandfather is someone with silver in his hair and gold in his heart. ~Author Unknown

You can now purchase Mr. Harrod's Disappeared episode through Amazon, iTunes or YouTube.

I'm newish and don't know how to mark posts as helpful, forgive me.

I also have blogger and noticed that. Does anyone know if Annasmom has Joe Ford's password. I'm not sure, but if the poster is following Joe Ford's blog, there may be a way to contact her if her blog is set to private--only accessible to those whom she follows. Additionally, would anyone mind if I left a comment on Joe's blog asking her to contact this site? I'm new here--though I did post a bit a few years ago--and don't want to do anything like that without the permission of the veterans.

BobbieA you are more than welcome to post on the blog inviting the tipster here to WS. No toes to step on, We all work as a team here in Anna's forum. You are more than welcome to ask, but more so to not duplicate time consuming work as you really don't need to ask our permission.

I'm thrilled to have new eyes and new idea's for Anna's case. The recent posts, yours included, have caused me to consider other idea's I had would never thought of without the new input. Thank you!
    ~JMO~

Does anyone have a membership to Classmates to view yearbooks in regular viewing mode? As per the comment left on J's blog, the female in question is named... K...
    Look Escondido HS years, 82-85/6
    I would think Anna would have graduated HS in 1985.
    I brought up yearbooks but pics are blurry. Look for a K.......
    www.searchingforanna.com

Quote Originally Posted by BobbieA View Post
    Apologies if this was already looked at. I think this is a recent comment to Joe Ford's old blog. IGNORE the freckles. My oldest daughter started to develop freckles after the age of 10. No one else in our family--including her younger sister--has freckles. I think this might be a newish comment because the blogger has only been active since September 2014:

I received a flyer today and recognized the photo as a photo I had seen at my grandmothers home in Salinas Can I believe in a newspaper.
    The photo of little Anna Waters looks eearily similar to a girl I grew up with.Her mother was a drug addict and drug dealer in the 1980's and after telling her mom about some horrible things her moms boyfriend had done to her she threw her out on the street s of Escondido ca when she was about 14.the mother never seemed like she really cared for her daughter or was in any way bonded and looked nothing like her.
    The age progressed photo looks SO MUCH like her its unbelievable. I had the flyer on the table when my husband got home and without me saying anything to him he said "oh my God that looks like Kristine".
    Kristine is about 46 and is working and living in the Los Angeles area.
    I'm not sure what to do and I haven't spoken to her in a few years.
    Does anyone know if Anna Waters had freckles?
    I know I should call the number and if I knew whether or not she had freckles I would feel more confident.
    Somehow I have missed whatever discussion concerned freckles. No, Anna did not have freckles and nobody on either side of the family has freckles...too bad, because I do like freckles!

Praying for resolution Annasmom. Fly high with the angels Anna!
    Media thread for Abby and Libby.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...5#post13163455

WebSleuths Lingo thread.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...bsleuths-Lingo

Unless I provide a link, every one of my posts are to be considered rumor, Speculation, or simply MY OWN OPINION.

We are the watchers. We are witnesses. We see what has gone before. We see what happens now, at this dangerous moment in human history. We see what's going to happen - what will surely happen - unless we come together: we - the Peoples of all Nations - to restore peace and harmony and balance to the Earth, our Mother.

THE IGNORE BUTTON IS YOUR FRIEND!

i think this lead should be looked at sometimes someone developes a trait or something that no one in the family has like i have really tiny eyes. looking at baby pictures of me i could pass for an asian person. my nationalites are Armenian, Italian, and Lithuanian. no one in my family has or had eyes as small as i do.

so the freckles could be something only anna could have gotten maybe from her dads side?

Quote Originally Posted by smile22 View Post
    i think this lead should be looked at sometimes someone developes a trait or something that no one in the family has like i have really tiny eyes. looking at baby pictures of me i could pass for an asian person. my nationalites are Armenian, Italian, and Lithuanian. no one in my family has or had eyes as small as i do.

so the freckles could be something only anna could have gotten maybe from her dads side?
    I'm all for investigating any possible lead, but I still can't figure out what freckles have to do with it. Going back as far as the grandparents on both sides and considering parents and all siblings, if nobody has freckles and Anna did not have them by age five, I think it is highly unlikely that the grownup Anna would have freckles.
    Last edited by Annasmom; 11-17-2014 at 02:19 PM. Reason: typo

Quote Originally Posted by Annasmom View Post
    I'm all for investigating any possible lead, but I still can't figure out what freckles have to do with it. Going back as far as the grandparents on both sides and considering parents and all siblings, if nobody has freckles and Anna did not have them by age five, I think it is highly unlikely that the grownup Anna would have freckles.
    Well, a slim chance Anna may have acquired a few over the years?
    What I would like to know is how many freckles? A couple... Understandable. Many?
    Very few people have thought they knew someone who looked like Anna... It would be nice to know more about who the blogger was friends with as a child. I agree, it should be followed up on, but how?
    www.searchingforanna.com

Hi guys. I'm Jennie from Tennessee. I am usually a lurker. I try to keep up with several threads and have for years. This is one of them and I was trying to catch up. I just wanted to say, don't discount the freckles! My best friend's daughter suddenly developed a lot of freckles after they put in a pool. She calls them her spots. She really likes her spots because my daughter has spots. My daughter being much older, Kailey is no longer scared she is going to "die because she has spots." Lol!! Als, my husband has had flawless beautiful perfect skin his entire life. He was in Memphis (much different weather) for a while. His shoulders and back are covered in freckles. 3years later the are still there. I'm not sure that was helpful info at all but she could very well have freckles now. I've always thought Anna is alive. If she's outdoors more so than most people (working, sports, soaking up the sun on the beach or the lake) she might have "spots!"

Welcome to WS JennIfOnly! Thank you for coming out of lurkdom.
    ~JMO~

Quote Originally Posted by SideKick View Post
    Well, a slim chance Anna may have acquired a few over the years?
    What I would like to know is how many freckles? A couple... Understandable. Many?
    Very few people have thought they knew someone who looked like Anna... It would be nice to know more about who the blogger was friends with as a child. I agree, it should be followed up on, but how?
    Hi, SK! I still don't know how freckles became an issue. I have read that blogger's post several times, and all I see is that she wishes she knew whether Anna had freckles. Does she say somewhere that her childhood friend had freckles? I don't see it if she did...but maybe I missed something.

As to people someone thought looked like Anna, I have a huge file of these (if I haven't deleted them as they were ruled out. There have been at least a dozen, maybe more. We more or less decided after the "C" experience (page 200 in the book Searching for Anna) that we'd have to have something more than physical resemblance to go on. In the blogger's case, of course, the age seems right. I wish we could contact her.

does anyone know joes password that he would have used for the blog if so you could log in and then would be able to access the personal info on the women like her email she would have needed to sign up.

another way is to contact the blog website its self and tell them you are trying to contact the women and there is no way and you would like for them the blog website to contact her on your behalf, letting her know if she would like to reach out to the family this is the email. use terms such as you are family she might have info on anna

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast