703 users online (118 members and 585 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
    I also want to add that TIMING is everything... Googling the exact same words that I used a month ago, I now get nothing. Zip. Zero. Nil. None. Can't find the info anymore.

Either i I hit the enter button at the perfect time or the info was removed by police.

The only way I can find this person now is through the Facebook page link I saved.

Quote Originally Posted by WantingToHelp View Post
    I also want to add that TIMING is everything... Googling the exact same words that I used a month ago, I now get nothing. Zip. Zero. Nil. None. Can't find the info anymore.

Either i I hit the enter button at the perfect time or the info was removed by police.

The only way I can find this person now is through the Facebook page link I saved.
    Hi, WantingToHelp. Have you any more information to share? Thanks
    " Beauty provoketh a thief sooner than gold. "
    William Shakespeare

Hi, WantingToHelp. Have you any more information to share? Thanks
    William Shakespeare

Well I did discover this morning that the woman I found, whose name resembles the name "Anna" isn't using her real name. There also seems to be a father, uncle or male relative of this lady who has a criminal background and done jail time.

Does anyone know how to find out if a person was in fact adopted? Any search sites that I could look at?

Is there any reason to believe the Anna look alike is adopted? Or was not raised by her biological family?

I ask this because we've sleuthed some Anna look alike's before and what I have done is search for family to see if there is any resemblence. If the resemblence with siblings and parents is strong, I use that as a means to rule out.
    ~JMO~

A grandfather is someone with silver in his hair and gold in his heart. ~Author Unknown

Long Lost Love - Discovery ID - Disappeared - Bob Harrod Case

You can now purchase Mr. Harrod's Disappeared episode through Amazon, iTunes or YouTube.

I can't find any pics of this woman's mother/father/siblings. Relatives from her husbands side, who has recently died, but that's it. The factual comparisons like name, age, race, hair coloring, have come from online public records. The feature comparisons to "Anna" come from this lady, her daughters and their daughters.

Also, when sleuthing the new information that I found yesterday about this lady actually having a different first name than the one she uses, I did come across relatives names. Only had a few minutes to search, but the person who I think might be the father, the initial Google search said that he was African American. But again, I could have been looking at the wrong person. I only had a few minutes to search deeper for more clues.

Can't find difinitive proof yet, nothing set in stone... but the relatives im finding are all African American with criminal backgrounds. From driving arrests to child rape.

Again, I could be looking at the wrong people. Still trying to make sure I'm looking at the correct relatives. I will say this though... this lady's relatives names are more commonly linked to African American rather than Caucasian.

Also, when sleuthing the new information that I found yesterday about this lady actually having a different first name than the one she uses, I did come across relatives names. Only had a few minutes to search, but the person who I think might be the father, the initial Google search said that he was African American. But again, I could have been looking at the wrong person. I only had a few minutes to search deeper for more clues.
    Anna has beautiful , exotic features. I can picture a light-skinned , blonde African - American woman being an "Anna look-alike".
    William Shakespeare

Hi, WantingToHelp, have you learned any more about this woman who looks like Anna? Thanks.
    William Shakespeare

Does anyone know exactly what happens when a tip is sent in??

i know it takes a while to investigate... It'll be a month tomorrow that I sent in some info that i had... Do they really check each tip? Do they notify family members when credible tips come in?? I had such high hopes for the info I gave. The resemblance is spot on. But I haven't heard any good news about Anna being found. How do I find out if they investigated my tip?
    I don't know where you reported the tip, but the family was not notified one way or the other. Because this is such as old case, you might find a better response from the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children hotline (Google it; I don't have the number at hand.) Thanks for your interest, WantingToHelp.

Since we have had literally dozens of "Anna look-alikes", we really need something more than a physical appearance in order to investigate further. I recently had some correspondence with someone who thought she might be Anna, and it turned out to be someone who apparently had read posts on WebSleuths and had come up with a convincing story. When finally I saw photos, there was no resemblance at all, and I felt very sad that someone would fabricate a story like that.

Wanting to Help,

Do you have reason to believe that she was adopted or that she was not raised by her birth family? Is it just that she looks so much like Anna, or is there a hinky childhood story to match?
    “Every day that they don’t find something is good for me.“ Billie Dunn

Quote Originally Posted by Annasmom View Post
    Since we have had literally dozens of "Anna look-alikes", we really need something more than a physical appearance in order to investigate further. I recently had some correspondence with someone who thought she might be Anna, and it turned out to be someone who apparently had read posts on WebSleuths and had come up with a convincing story. When finally I saw photos, there was no resemblance at all, and I felt very sad that someone would fabricate a story like that.
    Awww. I am so sorry to hear that. What an awful thing for you to endure. I am so sorry.
    “Every day that they don’t find something is good for me.“ Billie Dunn

I can't find any pics of this woman's mother/father/siblings. Relatives from her husbands side, who has recently died, but that's it. The factual comparisons like name, age, race, hair coloring, have come from online public records. The feature comparisons to "Anna" come from this lady, her daughters and their daughters.

Maybe check hs yearbooks? If you can determine when and where she went to HS. Searching for siblings through yearbooks is one of the ways I would try and check for family resemblence.

NCMEC tele is 1-800 The Lost
    ~JMO~

A grandfather is someone with silver in his hair and gold in his heart. ~Author Unknown

Long Lost Love - Discovery ID - Disappeared - Bob Harrod Case

You can now purchase Mr. Harrod's Disappeared episode through Amazon, iTunes or YouTube.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast