980 users online (138 members and 842 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Who is Hannah Graham?

There has been so much about JM. That subject probably merits a thread. But what about Hannah? I frankly don't know much about her. I think I should.

Who is she?
    Where is she from?
    What is her family like?
    What is she studying in school?
    Who are her friends? (Per MSM only or in general. No sleuthing.) How are they reacting to this?
    What is Hannah like? Personality? Things she likes to do? Is she passive? A fighter? Determined? Compassionate? What are her goals and dreams?
    How is her family coping?

I hope some of these questions can be answered here.
    For Travis Alexander, a human being.

*Gitana (means "Gypsy girl"). Pronounced "hee tah nah."

I enjoy her tweets (@hegraham25). Very witty. Her family has a group text and the ones she posted are poking fun, but in a lovely way.

She seems to really like UVa and couldn't wait to be back after the summer break.

Hannah Graham disappearance: What we know
    By Eliott C. McLaughlin, CNN
    updated 8:28 PM EDT, Tue September 23, 2014

Who is [Hannah] Graham?

She's a second-year University of Virginia student making straight A's, her parents say.

"Hannah is beyond precious to us," John and Susan Graham said in a statement released shortly after she went missing. "We are truly devastated by her disappearance. It's totally out of character for us not to have heard from her, and we fear foul play."
    Holding a stuffed bunny named BB, his daughter's favorite plush toy and "guardian angel," John Graham pleaded last weekend for someone to come forward with information on his daughter, who he said loved helping people.

"Last spring break, instead of hanging around on the beach, she spent a week in Tuscaloosa rebuilding houses," her father said.

The Northern Virginia native is 5 feet 11 inches tall with a slender build and has light brown hair, blue eyes and freckles. She was last seen September 13 wearing a black crop top, according to a UVA news release.

cont. at the link

WEBSLEUTHS ON FACEBOOK

This interview with a childhood friend gives a lot of insight into the type of person Hannah is.

http://wtvr.com/2014/09/24/hannah-gr...riends-at-vcu/
    "Perhaps when a man has special knowledge and special powers like my own, it rather encourages him to seek a complex explanation when a simpler one is at hand. "

Quote Originally Posted by ElementaryDearWatson View Post
    This interview with a childhood friend gives a lot of insight into the type of person Hannah is.

Thank you so much for this. From the link:

Sydney Maniglia, a VCU sophomore who studies fashion merchandising, has known Graham as a friend and neighbor since she was seven years old. She said she still remembered when the Grahams moved to Fairfax from England and Hannah Graham was so self-conscious about her accent that she tried to adopt an American accent to fit in.

“She cared about everyone,” Maniglia said. “She was always worried about how everyone else was doing and was really involved in everyone’s life. She was really approachable. She really did care.”

Quote Originally Posted by Hoosgirl View Post
    I enjoy her tweets (@hegraham25). Very witty. Her family has a group text and the ones she posted are poking fun, but in a lovely way.

She seems to really like UVa and couldn't wait to be back after the summer break.
    Wow. Thank you. I;m really learning a lot about her through her own words and tweets. Seems like she still has a real connection to the land of her birth and her English heritage but has also become such a total American girl. Loves football, baseball, etc.

And it seems that she is concerned about violence and the pain of others. She has a few posts about Ray Rice and also about a family whose dad was shot by police.

Reading her twitter has made Hannah very real for me. I saw a post that shows a map of every place her father has ever been. It's vast. Practically the whole world. Seems like her dad has had an incredible life. It somehow made me really tear up, that simple map. Made me think about how this man with such an incredible life has to suffer right now, not knowing where his precious kid is.

This is what gets me about these cases. These are real lives - real humans. The tragedy and horror of this, the pain that will ripple across the world as a result of one horrible act - it is incredible.

No, I can't understand concentrating on the rights of the defendants/suspects in these cases instead of the rights and status and torment of the victims. The former had a choice, The latter did not.

I hope Hannah and her family can be remembered in all of this. What a great gal.

Wright said Graham was very passionate about the band and played the saxophone. In high school she was very outgoing, respectable and diligent in her studies. He said she always played by the rules and never caused any trouble.
    Because my daughter is in the high school marching band, I wanted to highlight this talent of Hannah's. These kids are dedicated and work very hard. They put in hours upon hours of practice. The kids are very close and consider each other family.

JMO
    Last edited by WideOpen; 09-24-2014 at 05:53 PM. Reason: fixing my english
    Always do the right thing because you do enough things you think are right that end up being wrong-my dad-RIP 1/19/2013

Quote Originally Posted by WideOpen View Post

Because my daughter is in the high school marching band, I wanted to highlight this talent of Hannah's. These kids are dedicated and work very hard. They put in hours upon hours of practice. The kids are very close and consider each other family.

JMO
    My brothers were both "bandos" too! We are in our forties now and they have remained good friends with their bandmates.

From Hannah Graham's twitter account:
    "Got an alone drunk girl to a bus tonight #hoosgotyourback"
    ("Hoos" is nickname for UVA students)

https://twitter.com/hegraham25/statu...98827089645568
    `````````````````````````````````

From Hannah Graham's twitter account:
    "Got an alone drunk girl to a bus tonight #hoosgotyourback"
    ("Hoos" is nickname for UVA students)

https://twitter.com/hegraham25/statu...98827089645568
    `````````````````````````````````

Her tweets are very funny. I love her sense of humor.

I don't want to think about such a joyous life ending too soon.

I think she is a wonderful person, but she seems to think about drinking a lot. She has several tweets about that, including one where she said her Mom limited her to a pint when they were drinking in England. I think her mother is very wise, and she might have seen that Hannah might have been getting too fond of drinking. I also was concerned about a tweet of Hannah's where she said that someone around her was doing cocaine.

I am not writing this to disparage her. I am pointing it out to all the parents (including myself) that we must be ever vigilant about drinking. When I next see my oldest, I plan to have a conversation about alcohol changing behavior and making us do things we wouldn't normally do. It's very important for all of us to know how to drink responsibly. We must make our kids realize that the world is not kind to vulnerable people, even if, like Hannah, they are kind to them.

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast