695 users online (65 members and 630 guests)  


Websleuths News


Page 1 of 65 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 967
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    the Plains & Jordan-Hare stadium
    Posts
    17,917

    VA - Hannah Elizabeth Graham, 18, Charlottesville, 13 Sept 2014 - #15 *ARREST*


    Charlottesville Police Search for Missing UVA Student

    Posted: Sep 15, 2014 9:35 AM CST Updated: Sep 15, 2014 6:53 PM CST
    By WRIC Newsroom

    CHARLOTTESVILLE, Va. (WRIC) -The Charlottesville Police Department announced Monday their investigation into a missing persons incident involving a University of Virginia student.

    Hannah Elizabeth Graham is an 18-year-old, white female. She stands at approximately 5'11" tall with a thin build. Hannah has blue eyes, light brown hair and freckles.

    She was last seen wearing a black crop top with mesh cut outs. The last contact she had with friends was via text message at 1:20 a.m. on September 13; when her friends and family realized they hadn't had any contact with her since Friday night, they placed a call to the Emergency Communications Center.

    [...]

    Anyone with information is asked to contact the Charlottesville Police Department at 434-970-3280 or Crimestoppers at 434-977-4000.
    Hannah Graham search: Police execute warrant at apartment, but find no sign of missing U.Va. student
    By ABC News, ABC 7 News, Associated Press
    September 19, 2014 - 10:50 am -- Updated: September 19, 2014 - 12:47 pm

    Charlottesville police rushed to an apartment in the 100 block of Hessian Hills Way, off Barracks Road, that they believed was the last place that the 18-year-old was seen - however they found no sign of her. There were people in the apartment, but police have not arrested anyone at this time. Tuesday evening, September 23 press conference -- arrest warrant issued for abduction with intent to defile
    Friday afternoon, September 19, press conference with Chief Longo and Charlottesville PD. Chief Longo begins at about 13:00.
    http://www.wdbj7.com/news/local/watc...aming/25755784
    Sunday afternoon, September 21, press conference
    http://www.wdbj7.com/news/local/3-pm...ation/28176918

    Tuesday evening, September 23 press conference -- arrest warrant issued for abduction with intent to defile
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EpYXWyaKnp4



    VA - Hannah Graham, UVA Student, 09.13.14, Media, Maps, Photos, etc **NO DISCUSSION**


    Hannah Graham SAR Thread

    Thread #1
    Thread #2 Thread #3 Thread #4 Thread#5 Thread #6 Thread #7 Thread #8 Thread #9 Thread #10 Thread #11 Thread #12 Thread #13Thread #14

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    the Plains & Jordan-Hare stadium
    Posts
    17,917





    Please take a few minutes to review "the rules".





  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Paris, France
    Posts
    2,687
    Good morning all, wow I missed soooo much overnight!

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    3,782
    Quote Originally Posted by Waddles View Post
    Good morning all, wow I missed soooo much overnight!
    Hi waddles! You did miss a lot. JM was arrested in Bolivar TX, after looking suspicious camping on the beach..
    Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that one animal their world is changed forever! -Unknown

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Paris, France
    Posts
    2,687
    Hi Snoods Yeah! I have just seen the videos! wow.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    6,304
    Crossing my fingers for some useful info tomorrow that will help bring her home.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    36
    I'm so glad he's been found and arrested!

    http://www.timesdispatch.com/news/st...bcd1dcdca.html

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    235
    Quote Originally Posted by WhitegateGirl View Post
    What a tragic foretelling of her own fate. Clearly, judging by that tweet, Hannah herself would have been a more watchful and caring friend to someone in that situation than her own friends apparently were for her.
    Just such a short time before she vanished, too =/ Also, I think it shows that she was savvy to the same dangers that she apparently became a victim of. She wasn't operating with a blind naivety. I really identify with Hannah as a young woman who braves the outdoors on a regular basis and is often frightened by predatory men. She knew there were dangers in the world, and she just didn't want creeps to tell her that she can't live her life.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    3,782
    Quote Originally Posted by Waddles View Post
    Hi Snoods Yeah! I have just seen the videos! wow.
    So crazy! I was shocked to find out JM was arrested so close to where I live...from Virginia to Texas!
    Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that one animal their world is changed forever! -Unknown

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    6,849
    Quote Originally Posted by Le Singe View Post
    O/T i wonder if by

    Alba Rhythm the reporter meant algorithm .... if so BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAH
    I'm sure "Alba Rhythm" got a massive amount of google hits from everyone assuming the above, but wondering if there was something they hadn't heard of!


  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    6,849
    Got the door slammed on me as I posted right as the last thread closed so bringing this over here...

    Realizing that most WSers also probably have paid far more attention to not only POIs, but also the specifics about them, and have sought out or at least have seen more on TV or online than a large majority of the general public, and also are more apt to pay more careful attention to details, I'm especially curious about this!

    What would all the WSers do if they believe they possibly saw a POI from a wanted poster that has been disseminated about and LE is looking for and requesting information on the whereabouts of the person?

    Would you...

    Look at someone and try to determine if it was the person you'd maybe seen on TV or on a poster once and call, even if very unsure if it's the POI?

    Or look several times, trying to catch a clearer image, perhaps even end up taking an extended look, or even staring (intentionally or not)?

    Or maybe even take several looks at a person, possibly also looking at a phone trying to look at the POI picture, and perhaps end up taking a longer or lingering look to confirm or deny your suspicions after looking at a poster/picture/whatever?

    Or would you talk to someone else, trying to get a second or third (or some other additional) opinion on if they thought your suspicions were valid? And/or if they thought something should be done?

    Or would you do nothing unless you knew for certain?

    Or would you do nothing? (Meaning period - regardless of degree of certainty)

    Or _____ (fill in the blank)?

    Would your answer vary if you thought you saw a possible missing person and not a possible person of interest or possible suspect?

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Kale View Post
    Just such a short time before she vanished, too =/ Also, I think it shows that she was savvy to the same dangers that she apparently became a victim of. She wasn't operating with a blind naivety. I really identify with Hannah as a young woman who braves the outdoors on a regular basis and is often frightened by predatory men. She knew there were dangers in the world, and she just didn't want creeps to tell her that she can't live her life.
    Yes! Which only makes her apparent fate all the more tragic and unthinkable. :-(
    "The truth is rarely pure and never simple." --Oscar Wilde, The Importance of Being Earnest

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    235
    I would take all the precautionary measures possible... In other words, if I have time, say, if the possible POI was eating at the same restaurant as me, I might stare for a long time, ask my husband or friends what they think, etc... But if I'm passing him on the street, he's walking away, and I'm having that "WOWIT'SDEFINITELYTHATGUY!" feeling, I'll call fast...

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by TravelingBug View Post
    Got the door slammed on me as I posted right as the last thread closed so bringing this over here...

    Realizing that most WSers also probably have paid far more attention to not only POIs, but also the specifics about them, and have sought out or at least have seen more on TV or online than a large majority of the general public, and also are more apt to pay more careful attention to details, I'm especially curious about this!

    What would all the WSers do if they believe they possibly saw a POI from a wanted poster that has been disseminated about and LE is looking for and requesting information on the whereabouts of the person?

    Would you...

    Look at someone and try to determine if it was the person you'd maybe seen on TV or on a poster once and call, even if very unsure if it's the POI?

    Or look several times, trying to catch a clearer image, perhaps even end up taking an extended look, or even staring (intentionally or not)?

    Or maybe even take several looks at a person, possibly also looking at a phone trying to look at the POI picture, and perhaps end up taking a longer or lingering look to confirm or deny your suspicions after looking at a poster/picture/whatever?

    Or would you talk to someone else, trying to get a second or third (or some other additional) opinion on if they thought your suspicions were valid? And/or if they thought something should be done?

    Or would you do nothing unless you knew for certain?

    Or would you do nothing? (Meaning period - regardless of degree of certainty)

    Or _____ (fill in the blank)?

    Would your answer vary if you thought you saw a possible missing person and not a possible person of interest or possible suspect?
    Interesting question. If it was a POI, I think I'd do all of your first four options because I would want to feel fairly certain before I put someone through that, and I definitely would call LE. If it was a missing person, same-o same-o...unless it was, say, a woman who was running for her life from an abuser.
    "The truth is rarely pure and never simple." --Oscar Wilde, The Importance of Being Earnest

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    653
    I'd take several looks as inconspicuously as possible. Then I'd peel away to call police to tell them I thought I saw someone who resembled the suspect. If it were the actual missing person, I'd do the same but I would try to make eye contact.
    Last edited by MJPeony; 09-25-2014 at 02:34 AM. Reason: Typo

Page 1 of 65 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 1718
    Last Post: 09-27-2014, 12:57 PM
  2. Replies: 1265
    Last Post: 09-25-2014, 02:19 AM
  3. Replies: 1209
    Last Post: 09-22-2014, 07:47 PM
  4. Replies: 1311
    Last Post: 09-20-2014, 03:46 PM
  5. Replies: 1051
    Last Post: 09-19-2014, 07:46 PM

Tags for this Thread