Thread: Astrologer sues NASA for messing around with Comet

Astrologer sues NASA for messing around with Comet

NASA's mission that sent a space probe smashing into a comet raised more than cosmic dust it also brought a lawsuit from a Russian astrologer.

Marina Bai has sued the U.S. space agency, claiming the Deep Impact probe that punched a crater into the comet Tempel 1 late Sunday "ruins the natural balance of forces in the universe," the newspaper Izvestia reported Tuesday. A Moscow court has postponed hearings on the case until late July, the paper said.

Scientists say the crash did not significantly alter the comet's orbit around the sun and said the experiment does not pose any danger to Earth.

The probe's comet crash sent up a cloud of debris that scientists hope to examine to learn how the solar system was formed.

Bai is seeking damages totaling $300 million the approximate equivalent of the mission's cost for her "moral sufferings," Izvestia said, citing her lawyer Alexander Molokhov. She earlier told the paper that the experiment would "deform her horoscope."

$300 mil? US dollars?
    hmmmm............I thought my karma felt a little strange today. Think I should go hunt up an atty?
    Just when I think that I have seen the most depraved things a human can do to another human, somebody posts a new story...........

Why is it that when a custodial parent fails to provide for a child it is called neglect and is a criminal matter. But when a non custodial parent fails to provide it is called failure to support and is a civil matter?

"Just when the caterpillar thought its world was over, it became a butterfly" ~ Michelle Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Casshew
    "ruins the natural balance of forces in the universe,"
    Oh, what a rich woman I would be if I could sue all the people I know who do that.

Oh my..moral sufferings? what a

This post is my opinion only, and is subject to making me look totally confused