joeytes

Reaction score
Status Missing
First name Tammy
Middle name Jo
Last name Alexander
NCMEC number 1238132
Date last seen January 01, 1977
<mod note> Date LKA is incorrect in NamUs, as her photo was taken around 1978-79, and appears in her1979 HS yearbook.
Age last seen 14 to 16 years old
Age now 50 years old
Race White
Sex Female
Height (inches) 60.0
Weight (pounds) 100.0

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

img_45018.jpeg

Links to the recently released audio clips of the voice of Tammy Jo Alexander (found deceased in 1979)

These clips of Tammy's voice are from a tape she made to her boyfriend not long before she disappeared.

Audio Clip #1
Audio Clip #2
Audio Clip #3

Tammy’s UID thread:

Match! - NY - Caledonia, WhtFem 1UFNY, 13-19, Turquoise Necklace, Nov'79 *Tammy Alexander*

Last edited by a moderator:
Her profile was added to NAMUS in July 2014. Just became available recently

There is a strong resemblance to Caledonia Jane Doe found November 11, 1979.

She is a pretty girl, and she does favor Cali. Does anyone know if this has been submitted as a potential match?

Her profile was added to NAMUS in July 2014. Just became available recently

There is a strong resemblance to Caledonia Jane Doe found November 11, 1979.

She is a pretty girl, and she does favor Cali. Does anyone know if this has been submitted as a potential match?

submitted days ago by folks on cali's thread...:)

The overlap with Cali Jane is extremely compelling. It's been noted that the details on Tammy Jo (Last seen Jan 1, 1977, 5', 100lb) seem likely to be vague estimates (with the date possibly a somewhat incorrect guess). I'm curious to know where this missing report came from, and why did it not show up for 35 years. (Info on the Cali thread reports that Tammy Jo's parents are known but deceased.)

Status Missing
First name Tammy
Middle name Jo
Last name Alexander
NCMEC number 1238132
Date last seen January 01, 1977
<mod note> Date LKA is incorrect in NamUs, as her photo was taken around 1978-79, and appears in her1979 HS yearbook.
Age last seen 14 to 16 years old
Age now 50 years old
Race White
Sex Female
Height (inches) 60.0
Weight (pounds) 100.0

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/24778/0

View attachment 59890

Via CarlK -

The Date LKA is wrong. Her photo is in the Hernando HS 1979 yearbook. The NamUs photo is her 1978-79 sophomore portrait which can be viewed on Classmates

submitted days ago by folks on cali's thread...:)

CarlK caught her NamUs profile when it went online. He quickly went into action by bringing it to Cali's team; who all then started gathering the needed info such as trying to figure out the last known date she was seen which we now know to most likely have been Sept/Oct 1979 for school photos; as well as finding out her parents are deceased but that she has a sister with the same mother. Carl also put together an email to send to Tammy's case worker/LE as well as Cali's main detective and NamUs case worker. DNA has been taken; now we wait.

From Cali's thread - post #1482http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...lace-Nov-79-*GRAPHIC*&p=11010735#post11010735

BINGO!
I think this is Cali!!!

Tammy Jo Alexander

5707f71d-7803-40da-ae8c-708df94c2ae5.jpg
a7f82610-6d89-4d17-874a-8e17a335b745.jpg

Just added to NamUs today.

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/24778/0

post #1519

LE replied that they located Tammy's half sister (who shares a common mother with Tammy), and have secured a DNA FRS from her.

They expect the sample to arrive today at UNT.

It is very good that it is a common mother as opposed to half siblings with a common father because they will be able to compare mitochondrial DNA

Charley Project now has a casefile for Tammy

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/a/alexander_tammy.html

Unlike NamUs, a height and weight range is given (both of which possibly make her consistent to Cali)
I'm not sure where Meaghan got her info to put a height range instead of the 60 inches tall, 100 lbs provided by NamUs.

Under Source Information she cites the FDLE website in addition to NamUs. But if you search for Tammy on the FDLE site, she doesn't show up.

Unlike NamUs, a height and weight range is given (both of which possibly make her consistent to Cali)
I'm not sure where Meaghan got her info to put a height range instead of the 60 inches tall, 100 lbs provided by NamUs.

Under Source Information she cites the FDLE website in addition to NamUs. But if you search for Tammy on the FDLE site, she doesn't show up.

Would it be worth contacting her to change the age/ date last seen? I've tried contacting her before; she never answers so I've given up

Would it be worth contacting her to change the age/ date last seen? I've tried contacting her before; she never answers so I've given up

I did contact her last night.

SSA found her

FDLE link:

http://pas.fdle.state.fl.us/pas/person/viewMissingPerson-119111872.a

They have her hair as blonde or strawberry, no mention of the fact that her natural hair color is brown. They also have her height as 5'5". This is a perfect example of why we sometimes allow for differences.

I have added some additional information on Tammy Jo Alexander's Face Book page. Thank you everyone for your interest.

Just relaying some information received from Tammy's best friend from high school.

She says Tammy disappeared after the 78-79 school year was over, around May of 1979.

She says that they both ran away around Christmas of 1978, and caught rides from truckers all the way to California. She says that Tammy had a reason to run away. But her friend says that she just went along for the ride. Tammy's friend's mom had to pay for airfare back to Florida for both of them because Tammy's mom said "Leave her there".

She says that both she and Tammy wore earth shoes like the ones found on Cali, and that when she last saw Tammy, her hair was cut a little shorter than in her sophomore photo. She doesn't recognize the turquoise necklace or the keychains that fit together.

She still has the names of some of the truckers that they traveled with.

And contrary to the suggestion in the Zabasearch post, Tammy's friend says emphatically that Tammy was not a prostitute

Doe net has PM photos of Walker JD; I personally am not seeing it. Hair was 10in long no evidence of hair dye. Her friend said Tammy's hair was shorter then the school pic when school let out in May 79. Also; Tammy's sisters DNA "should be" run through the databases; if she is any of our JD's; they will catch it. Walker is in CODIS

I am not saying not to turn it in.

Hmmm.... I forgot what Walker JD looked like. So I pulled up her page. I do see a resemblance, but not as strong as I do with Cali/Tammy.

Just relaying some information received from Tammy's best friend from high school.

She says Tammy disappeared after the 78-79 school year was over, around May of 1979.

She says that they both ran away around Christmas of 1978, and caught rides from truckers all the way to California. She says that Tammy had a reason to run away. But her friend says that she just went along for the ride. Tammy's friend's mom had to pay for airfare back to Florida for both of them because Tammy's mom said "Leave her there".

She says that both she and Tammy wore earth shoes like the ones found on Cali, and that when she last saw Tammy, her hair was cut a little shorter than in her sophomore photo. She doesn't recognize the turquoise necklace or the keychains that fit together.

She still has the names of some of the truckers that they traveled with.

And contrary to the suggestion in the Zabasearch post, Tammy's friend says emphatically that Tammy was not a prostitute

Carl did she say anything about Cali"s pic ??? the post mortem one?

Carl did she say anything about Cali"s pic ??? the post mortem one?

I didn't ask, and she didn't offer. I've had issues in the past with someone saying they want to see a postmortem photo, and then they get upset at me when I show it to them. So now, I stay away from that topic when dealing with family/friends and PM photos.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ignoreme123
Back