781 users online (119 members and 662 guests)  


Websleuths News


Page 1 of 32 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 472
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    159

    FL - Tammy Alexander, 16, Brooksville, 8 Nov 1979

    Status Missing
    First name Tammy
    Middle name Jo
    Last name Alexander
    NCMEC number 1238132
    Date last seen January 01, 1977
    <mod note> Date LKA is incorrect in NamUs, as her photo was taken around 1978-79, and appears in her1979 HS yearbook.
    Age last seen 14 to 16 years old
    Age now 50 years old
    Race White
    Sex Female
    Height (inches) 60.0
    Weight (pounds) 100.0

    https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/24778/0



    img_45018.jpeg
    Last edited by CarlK90245; 09-26-2014 at 11:39 AM.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    159
    Her profile was added to NAMUS in July 2014. Just became available recently

    There is a strong resemblance to Caledonia Jane Doe found November 11, 1979.

    http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...v-79-*GRAPHIC*

    https://identifyus.org/en/cases/6583

    http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/1ufny.html

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    In the land of beer, cheese and serial killers
    Posts
    67
    Quote Originally Posted by joeytes View Post
    Her profile was added to NAMUS in July 2014. Just became available recently

    There is a strong resemblance to Caledonia Jane Doe found November 11, 1979.
    She is a pretty girl, and she does favor Cali. Does anyone know if this has been submitted as a potential match?
    Last edited by CarlK90245; 09-26-2014 at 09:58 AM. Reason: Fixed quote box

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    6,551
    Quote Originally Posted by Sue Doe Nimm View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by joeytes View Post
    Her profile was added to NAMUS in July 2014. Just became available recently
    There is a strong resemblance to Caledonia Jane Doe found November 11, 1979.

    She is a pretty girl, and she does favor Cali. Does anyone know if this has been submitted as a potential match?
    submitted days ago by folks on cali's thread...
    Last edited by CarlK90245; 09-26-2014 at 10:00 AM. Reason: Fixed quote box

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    53
    The overlap with Cali Jane is extremely compelling. It's been noted that the details on Tammy Jo (Last seen Jan 1, 1977, 5', 100lb) seem likely to be vague estimates (with the date possibly a somewhat incorrect guess). I'm curious to know where this missing report came from, and why did it not show up for 35 years. (Info on the Cali thread reports that Tammy Jo's parents are known but deceased.)

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    6,575
    Quote Originally Posted by joeytes View Post
    Status Missing
    First name Tammy
    Middle name Jo
    Last name Alexander
    NCMEC number 1238132
    Date last seen January 01, 1977
    <mod note> Date LKA is incorrect in NamUs, as her photo was taken around 1978-79, and appears in her1979 HS yearbook.
    Age last seen 14 to 16 years old
    Age now 50 years old
    Race White
    Sex Female
    Height (inches) 60.0
    Weight (pounds) 100.0

    https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/24778/0



    img_45018.jpeg
    Via CarlK -

    Quote Originally Posted by CarlK90245 View Post
    The Date LKA is wrong. Her photo is in the Hernando HS 1979 yearbook. The NamUs photo is her 1978-79 sophomore portrait which can be viewed on Classmates

    Quote Originally Posted by momrids6 View Post
    submitted days ago by folks on cali's thread...
    CarlK caught her NamUs profile when it went online. He quickly went into action by bringing it to Cali's team; who all then started gathering the needed info such as trying to figure out the last known date she was seen which we now know to most likely have been Sept/Oct 1979 for school photos; as well as finding out her parents are deceased but that she has a sister with the same mother. Carl also put together an email to send to Tammy's case worker/LE as well as Cali's main detective and NamUs case worker. DNA has been taken; now we wait.

    From Cali's thread - post #1482

    Quote Originally Posted by CarlK90245 View Post
    BINGO!
    I think this is Cali!!!

    Tammy Jo Alexander



    Just added to NamUs today.

    https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/24778/0
    post #1519

    Quote Originally Posted by CarlK90245 View Post
    LE replied that they located Tammy's half sister (who shares a common mother with Tammy), and have secured a DNA FRS from her.

    They expect the sample to arrive today at UNT.

    It is very good that it is a common mother as opposed to half siblings with a common father because they will be able to compare mitochondrial DNA
    Last edited by CarlK90245; 01-19-2015 at 10:30 PM.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    El Segundo, California
    Posts
    7,689
    Charley Project now has a casefile for Tammy

    http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/...der_tammy.html

    Unlike NamUs, a height and weight range is given (both of which possibly make her consistent to Cali)
    I'm not sure where Meaghan got her info to put a height range instead of the 60 inches tall, 100 lbs provided by NamUs.

    Under Source Information she cites the FDLE website in addition to NamUs. But if you search for Tammy on the FDLE site, she doesn't show up.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    6,575
    Quote Originally Posted by CarlK90245 View Post
    Charley Project now has a casefile for Tammy

    http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/...der_tammy.html

    Unlike NamUs, a height and weight range is given (both of which possibly make her consistent to Cali)
    I'm not sure where Meaghan got her info to put a height range instead of the 60 inches tall, 100 lbs provided by NamUs.

    Under Source Information she cites the FDLE website in addition to NamUs. But if you search for Tammy on the FDLE site, she doesn't show up.
    Would it be worth contacting her to change the age/ date last seen? I've tried contacting her before; she never answers so I've given up

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    El Segundo, California
    Posts
    7,689
    Quote Originally Posted by Roselvr View Post
    Would it be worth contacting her to change the age/ date last seen? I've tried contacting her before; she never answers so I've given up
    I did contact her last night.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    6,575
    Quote Originally Posted by CarlK90245 View Post
    I did contact her last night.
    Of course you did lol
    I claim blond moment lol


  11. #11
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    El Segundo, California
    Posts
    7,689
    Quote Originally Posted by Roselvr View Post
    Would it be worth contacting her to change the age/ date last seen? I've tried contacting her before; she never answers so I've given up
    Quote Originally Posted by CarlK90245 View Post
    I did contact her last night.
    She changed it.

    Missing Since: 1978-1979 from Brooksville, Florida
    Age: 14-15 years old.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    6,575
    Quote Originally Posted by CarlK90245 View Post
    Charley Project now has a casefile for Tammy

    http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/...der_tammy.html

    Unlike NamUs, a height and weight range is given (both of which possibly make her consistent to Cali)
    I'm not sure where Meaghan got her info to put a height range instead of the 60 inches tall, 100 lbs provided by NamUs.

    Under Source Information she cites the FDLE website in addition to NamUs. But if you search for Tammy on the FDLE site, she doesn't show up.
    SSA found her

    Quote Originally Posted by Still_Seek_Answers View Post
    FDLE link:

    http://pas.fdle.state.fl.us/pas/pers...on-119111872.a

    They have her hair as blonde or strawberry, no mention of the fact that her natural hair color is brown. They also have her height as 5'5". This is a perfect example of why we sometimes allow for differences.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    6
    I have added some additional information on Tammy Jo Alexander's Face Book page. Thank you everyone for your interest.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    159
    Here is the link to Tammy Alexander's Face Book page

    https://www.facebook.com/tammy.alexander.16547?fref=ts

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    El Segundo, California
    Posts
    7,689
    Just relaying some information received from Tammy's best friend from high school.

    She says Tammy disappeared after the 78-79 school year was over, around May of 1979.

    She says that they both ran away around Christmas of 1978, and caught rides from truckers all the way to California. She says that Tammy had a reason to run away. But her friend says that she just went along for the ride. Tammy's friend's mom had to pay for airfare back to Florida for both of them because Tammy's mom said "Leave her there".

    She says that both she and Tammy wore earth shoes like the ones found on Cali, and that when she last saw Tammy, her hair was cut a little shorter than in her sophomore photo. She doesn't recognize the turquoise necklace or the keychains that fit together.

    She still has the names of some of the truckers that they traveled with.

    And contrary to the suggestion in the Zabasearch post, Tammy's friend says emphatically that Tammy was not a prostitute

Page 1 of 32 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. FL FL - Diane, 31, & Tammy Hollins (fnd dec'd), 14, Daytona Beach, 11 June 1979
    By SheWhoMustNotBeNamed in forum 1970's Missing
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 07-18-2017, 12:29 AM
  2. MO MO - Tammy Surdam, 12, St Charles County, 1 Aug 1979
    By Lucy's mom in forum 1970's Missing
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 07-12-2017, 11:32 PM
  3. CA CA - Tammy Vincent, 17, Tiburon, 26 September 1979
    By Kymistry35 in forum Cold Cases
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 11-26-2016, 01:04 AM
  4. LA LA - Tammy Alexander, 33, New Orleans, 28 June 2016
    By KayElJay in forum Missing Persons Discussion
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 07-06-2016, 03:39 PM
  5. Replies: 2036
    Last Post: 07-13-2015, 11:18 AM

Tags for this Thread