CA - Hunter Davis, 11, shot to death at house party, Manteca, 7 Sept 2014

OkieGranny

Retired WS Staff
Reaction score
f5d75aad-6f7f-492e-b85e-d040ab628de7_zpsb94eecf6.jpg

http://www.recordnet.com/article/20140918/NEWS/140919580

Deputy District Attorney Ted McGarvey said McGrath purchased 40-ounce bottles of Old English malt liquor for the minors who were gathered at her house. McGrath and Calzado then consumed alcohol and smoked marijuana with the children...

Shortly before 1 a.m., police were dispatched to the home in the 1200 block of Glenn Drive on a report of a shooting. They arrived to find the 11-year-old unconscious with a gunshot wound to the head and his brother suffering from a non-life-threatening gunshot wound to the arm.

Hunter Davis remained in a coma until Monday morning, when he was taken off life support after his organs were harvested and donated to others, his mother, Charlene Johnson, said Wednesday at a news conference in Sacramento.

http://fox40.com/2014/09/17/two-adults-arrested-in-manteca-child-shooting/

According to Manteca Police, 26-year-old Carlos Calzado and 35-year-old Christa McGrath gave the kids alcohol and drank with them. Investigators also say they both knew a gun had been brought into the house by one of the kids.

A check of the gun’s serial number revealed that it had been stolen in a recent burglary, police said. It’s still unknown who stole the gun.

http://www.recordnet.com/article/20140918/News/140919618

The suspected gunman, a 17-year-old boy identified in court documents as Zachary Hurlburt Erhardt, was arrested on suspicion of attempted murder following the Sept. 7 shooting, a charge that was upgraded to murder after 11-year-old Hunter Davis died...

Estarziau said it appears Erhardt knew the gun was loaded and intentionally fired at the victims. “Based on what the evidence showed, statements taken at the scene and what the detectives were able to piece together, it pointed to the fact that it was not an accidental shooting,” Estarziau said.

Really depressing backstories all around, if you go digging for more info. Poor Hunter, he never really stood a chance.

What is wrong with parents? I can see a sip once . But feeding a kid booze and pot and oh my guns on the table...

Just to be clear, Hunter wasn't at his own home when he was shot, and the adults arrested for providing the alcohol weren't his parents.

He didn't have an easy life, though:

http://www.mantecabulletin.com/section/38/article/114804/

If you met Hunter Davis, he’d strike you as a typical 11-year-old boy. Curious and talkative, the boy with the brownish-blonde hair came across as a 21st-century Tom Sawyer.

But there was nothing typical about how Hunter was forced to live. A questionable home situation forced Hunter and his older brothers to become what neighbors described as “vagabond kids.”

We personally knew Hunter from running the streets in our neighborhood. Who would have thought last year, after being hit by a car and being in a coma, he would be a miracle, and only to have this tragedy happen? I remember last year (maybe the previous year), his twin sister and a group of kids showed up, no jackets, Hunter with no shoes in December, singing Christmas Carols....All we can do now is wish him peace and believe he is in a much better place. No more worries about his next meal, where he will find comfort, the feeling of family, or warmth. RIP little dude......

I had a patient brought in by his mom---his dad and stepmom gave him shots of Cherry Bomb---kid was stumbling and became almost unconscious after the alcohol...Mom picked him up shortly thereafter and the kid was still drunk...He didn't get shot and didn't go into a coma but was only 6- 7 years old...I reported this to DHS and the report was unfounded because Parents CAN LEGALLY GET THEIR LITTLE KIDS DRUNK.....I WAS STUNNED. So was biomom. Who know anymore...

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alissa000ag
Back