Reaction score
http://www.in.gov/amberalert/

View attachment 57658
Wednesday, August 27, 2014
INDIANA STATEWIDE
AMBER Alert
URGENT
STATEWIDE

The INDIANAPOLIS METROPOLITAN POLICE DEPARTMENT is investigating an abducted child from the 1400 BLOCK OF HENRY STREET, INDIANAPOLIS, INDIANA. DELANO WILSON, A BLACK/MALE, 1 MONTH OLD, APPROXIMATELY 16 INCHES LONG and 12 POUNDS, with BLACK HAIR, BROWN EYES last seen wearing a DARK BLUE COLORED BABY ONESIE. DELANO WILSON was last seen at 12:02 PM EASTERN DAYLIGHT SAVINGS TIME in the ALLEY OF THE 1400 BLOCK OF HENRY STREET, and is believed to be in extreme danger. The INDIANAPOLIS METROPOLITAN POLICE DEPARTMENT believes DELANO WILSON was likely abducted by an UNKNOWN WHITE/MALE/25-30 YEARS OLD/5’6”-5’9” TALL/MEDIUM BUILD/SHORT BROWN HAIR/WEARING A BLACK DO-RAG/RED T-SHIRT/BLUE JEAN SHORTS/RED, BLACK AND BLUE TENNIS SHOES and was accompanied by a HISPANIC/FEMALE/25-30 YEARS OLD/THIN BUILD/LONG BROWN HAIR/WEARING A GREEN SHIRT AND MATCHING GREEN HOOP EARRINGS last seen driving a OLDER MODEL BLUE 2000-2003 FOUR-DOOR FORD TAURUS.

Anyone with information on DELANO WILSON or his abductors should contact the INDIANAPOLIS METROPOLITAN POLICE DEPARTMENT at 1-888-58AMBER.

Thread 1

Attachments

• Delano_Wilson_003-2014_rdax_200x154.jpg
    Delano_Wilson_003-2014_rdax_200x154.jpg
    15 KB · Views: 1,078
http://www.wthr.com/story/26388916/2014/08/27/amber-alert-issued-for-indianapolis-baby
INDIANAPOLIS -

Police have issued an Amber Alert for a one-month-old child they believe was abducted from an Indianapolis residence.

Metro police say Delano Wilson, a black male about 16 inches long, weighing 12 pounds with black hair and brown eyes, was last seen around noon Wednesday in an alley in the 1400 block of Henry Street. The child is believed to be in extreme danger.

The baby was wearing a dark blue onesie when he was last seen.

http://www.in.gov/amberalert/

rb7RNfV.jpg

INDIANAPOLIS - The INDIANAPOLIS METROPOLITAN POLICE DEPARTMENT is investigating an abducted child from the 1400 BLOCK OF HENRY STREET, INDIANAPOLIS, INDIANA. DELANO WILSON, A BLACK/MALE, 1 MONTH OLD, APPROXIMATELY 16 INCHES LONG and 12 POUNDS, with BLACK HAIR, BROWN EYES last seen wearing a DARK BLUE COLORED BABY ONESIE. DELANO WILSON was last seen at 12:02 PM EASTERN DAYLIGHT SAVINGS TIME in the ALLEY OF THE 1400 BLOCK OF HENRY STREET, and is believed to be in extreme danger.

Let's try to keep Delano's name on the front page. I hope an update comes soon.

Is the baby's length correct? It seems that most newborns are 18 - 22 inches long (in my experience anyhow). Was baby a preemie or has the 16" been explained in some way?

Details of the abduction seem strange too.

Hoping they find this little guy soon. Hoping the people are recognized by the descriptions given. Green hoop earrings don't seem to be a common accessory.

I think the length is in the normal range, and newborn measurements are often incorrect anyway because babies like to be curled up. I intentionally requested that my baby be re-measured on her second day, there was a 2" difference, lol.

Don't even get me started on those "details"? Pfft!
Is the baby's length correct? It seems that most newborns are 18 - 22 inches long (in my experience anyhow). Was baby a preemie or has the 16" been explained in some way?

Details of the abduction seem strange too.

Hoping they find this little guy soon. Hoping the people are recognized by the descriptions given. Green hoop earrings don't seem to be a common accessory.

I don't think his measurement is correct for a six week old, no. Just like Haiwayi wasn't only 36" tall.

<Mod Snip>
Anyway, believe or not I actually would prefer that this baby was abducted by a couple. At least that would give me a great deal of hope that he was still alive and being cared for. Whenever I read these stories (at it seems to happen a lot), I always wish that for once it was true and that an infant really was abducted, because I always think that unlike abductions of older children and adults, that a person who abducts an infant probably just wants a baby, and not someone to rape and murder.

I don't think his measurement is correct for a six week old, no. Just like Haiwayi wasn't only 36" tall.

I has come up a few times in these abducted baby/toddler cases that the parents were seemingly out of it when it came to describing their child; sort of like they had not paid too much attention in the first place. Just my observation.

I think the length is in the normal range, and newborn measurements are often incorrect anyway because babies like to be curled up. I intentionally requested that my baby be re-measured on her second day, there was a 2" difference, lol.

Don't even get me started on those "details"? Pfft!

I looked up an average height and weight for babies at one month old; this is what I found:

http://www.babycenter.com/0_your-childs-size-and-growth-timeline_10357633.bc

Birth: (boy) 19.1 - 20.1 inches for height

3 mos old: (boy) 23.6 - 24.7 inches height

Weight is on the lower side of the scale also, so might have been a preemie. I think the measurements are off also.

I'm telling you guys, I think it is time we gather a WS posse and head to IN!!

This is completely off topic but I'm hoping someone can point me in the right direction. In the early 70's (possibly late 60's) a little girl named Heidi was playing in the front yard with her younger brother, then disappeared. I don't know her last name or if it was local (greater Seattle/Puget Sound area) or somewhere else, I just remember all the adults talking about Heidi, and being a bit more restrictive with where they let us kids play.

Does that ring any bells with anyone? It's bothered me for 40 years that I never knew who she was or if the case was ever resolved :(

This is completely off topic but I'm hoping someone can point me in the right direction. In the early 70's (possibly late 60's) a little girl named Heidi was playing in the front yard with her younger brother, then disappeared. I don't know her last name or if it was local (greater Seattle/Puget Sound area) or somewhere else, I just remember all the adults talking about Heidi, and being a bit more restrictive with where they let us kids play.

Does that ring any bells with anyone? It's bothered me for 40 years that I never knew who she was or if the case was ever resolved :(
I believe this is the case you're talking about, OM:

http://news.google.com/newspapers?n...qwzAAAAIBAJ&sjid=GqoFAAAAIBAJ&pg=5164,2430184

Four-year-old Heidi Peterson's little body was found in Jan. 1975, 11 months after she disappeared, in an area previously searched "thoroughly" several times.

Here is the WS thread on Heidi:

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...Heidi-Peterson-age-4-murdered-in-Seattle-1974

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back